No talk about the Sabres Bruins Games tonight? I can't wait for this one!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

No talk about the Sabres Bruins Games tonight? I can't wait for this one!

Hearing some sound bites from the Sabres morning skate and Ruff sounds pretty mad and keeps hinting his team is going to respond and play tough in "all areas" tonight. When asked by a reporter what to expect he said " I don't think mr Shanahan would like to hear that answer".

I hope the sabres try to challenge us physicaly cause its not going to work out well for them and makes the bruins play at their best. Can't wait for this one tonight! Hope the bruins beat the sabres up and on the scoreboard. Big 2 points at stake as well and a key divison game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: No talk about the Sabres Bruins Games tonight? I can't wait for this one!

The only way the Sabres can avenge Miller is playing dirty.  They won't fight . Maybe Weber ? Reghr ? Doubt it.
    Gaustad is one of the biggest (ciuce) pansies around .  2 years ago in the playoffs he and another 2 Sabre assaulted Chara because they're too afraid to go against him one on one and to come to think of it I don't blame them.
    I can see Gaustad and/or Kaleta cross checking and slashing .  I just hope it's not guys like Bergeron and/or Seguin.  I'm not going to include Marchand as he's not afraid to mix it up.
    All the other lines the Bruins have are too tough for them and they won't try anything.
    If they do go after some of the Bruins stars it'll get really ugly and I can only imagine how many games misconducts there will be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: No talk about the Sabres Bruins Games tonight? I can't wait for this one!:
    [QUOTE]The only way the Sabres can avenge Miller is playing dirty.  They won't fight . Maybe Weber ? Reghr ? Doubt it. Gaustad is one of the biggest (ciuce) pansies around .  2 years ago in the playoffs he and another 2 Sabre assaulted Chara because they're too afraid to go against him one on one and to come to think of it I don't blame them. I can see Gaustad and/or Kaleta cross checking and slashing .  I just hope it's not guys like Bergeron and/or Seguin.  I'm not going to include Marchand as he's not afraid to mix it up. All the other lines the Bruins have are too tough for them and they won't try anything. If they do go after some of the Bruins stars it'll get really ugly and I can only imagine how many games misconducts there will be.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I would think the sabres would try to get revenge through cheapshoting certain bruins or starting some fights for the simple fact they have been getting bashed by their local media. It also wouldn't surprise me if they don't do anything but I am thinking somethins going to happen. Should be interesting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Did you see the Rask vs. Buffalo thread?  Some discussion of this there.

Anyhow, I doubt that Ruff would hint at his actual plan so publicly.  I'm not sure what they'll do, but he couldn't be dumb enough to provoke Shanahan before the game and then carry out dirty play.

I think the Sabres will be opportunistic in their toughness.  I expect to see Seguin, Bergeron, and Krejci getting roughed up when possible.  I expect some light bumping and snowing of Thomas.  I bet the Sabre tough guys try to start fights when Thornton and Chara are on the bench.

I just don't believe that the Sabres will come straight at the Bruins physically.  It will be a tightly called game too.  It's really too late for the Sabres to redeem themselves physically for Miller's sake, the best thing Ruff can do is to get the win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

a laughably understated quote from cj..."our team responds well when teams try to get physical with  us"... read as BRING IT ON. the sabres simply don't have the muscle to play that game with the bruins. very few if any do. everyone realizes this game will be a sleeper right? these games hardly ever live up to their billing. too many eyes watching.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: No talk about the Sabres Bruins Games tonight? I can't wait for this one!:
    [QUOTE]Did you see the Rask vs. Buffalo thread?  Some discussion of this there. Anyhow, I doubt that Ruff would hint at his actual plan so publicly.  I'm not sure what they'll do, but he couldn't be dumb enough to provoke Shanahan before the game and then carry out dirty play. I think the Sabres will be opportunistic in their toughness.  I expect to see Seguin, Bergeron, and Krejci getting roughed up when possible.  I expect some light bumping and snowing of Thomas.  I bet the Sabre tough guys try to start fights when Thornton and Chara are on the bench. I just don't believe that the Sabres will come straight at the Bruins physically.  It will be a tightly called game too.  It's really too late for the Sabres to redeem themselves physically for Miller's sake, the best thing Ruff can do is to get the win.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

They'll crosscheck, slash, use stick work and at the end of the game Ruff will say it was a hockey and doesn't deserve more than the penalty assessed to the player(s).  It's how the Bruins retaliate that could get the Bruins in trouble.
    As for Krejci I don;t think they'll try anything with Horton or Lucic on the same line.
    See that is what I always hated about Sabres . Dirty little players, worse than the Habs , and they whine and whine. 
    Fletch, if this game goes how I think it will go by the end of the game you'll be peed and wanna kill a Sabre.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

CJ is right, the Bruins DO play better when challenged. As stupid as this sounds, the ONLY way for the Sabres to absolve themselves from being the prepuses they are being painted as, is not to fight, but to win and win going away. They cant beat the Bruins physically. Not even remotely close. The B's have at least 5 guys on the team that will willfully throw (and land many) with anyone on the Sabres roster. Short of calling up Ogie Oglethorpe, the Sabres will only get embarassed by attempting to fight their way to respectablity.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

After a difficult win in Montreal, I am concerned the Bruins are just a little worn... Buffalo is on home ice, they have the extra day of rest and the emotional lift that the chance of a little payback brings really gives them an edge in this game.

You can count on some cheap stick work after the play when the refs aren't looking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Ogo-torp??

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=602557

In terms of trying to win and keep the streak going, the Bruins won't have to deal with Myers, arguably Buffalo's top D-guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Ruff is such a little girl. Always played like one, too.  I will laugh myself into a coma if whoever challenges Lucic is pounded into a pulp.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

RWTK - You read my mind. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I forgot they have Cody McCormick but I think he's hurt.  Anyway even he didn't want to drop his gloves Chara .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

yup this one should be good to watch.... can't wait, one more hour..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I forgot they have Cody McCormick but I think he's hurt.  Anyway even he didn't want to drop his gloves Chara .
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Legion - In addressing the rough stuff aspect of the game the Bruins have too many for the Buffalos to handle.  I doubt any club knocks the Bruins around unless they, themselves allow it to happen by not matching it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

After 2 periods, I'm a little disappointed with the energy the Bruins have shown... this should have been an easy game to get up for but they are getting pushed around way too much so far. And the number of quality scoring chances is heavily tilted in favor of the Sabres. Where's our top line? Where's our secondary scoring? Only our second line has been noticeable.

And Pouliot has been awful at both ends of the ice.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

But you must be pleased with the end result

Loved it Lucic laughing taking the ice for the first time as the crowd boos him then he wins the fight easily after the puck is dropped.

Notice how Ferrence didn't take kindly to a sabre brushing Thomas? I bet Miller saw that and said must be nice.

Really impressed with this team man we got something really good going with the guys having eachothers backs and playing for eachother right now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Just catching up on the game. What a tough guy Gaustad is. Pummels Looch's fist with his head then takes a run at Marchand. Ha ha!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Sabres were fools going to the press with their complaints. They put themselves in a position where they were now obliged to win the fights and the game too. Ruff was stupid for suggesting "open season". Julien would have kept his team focused on the win and got back at Lucic in some other way. Personally, I still don't think Lucic was trying to run or hurt Miller. He just didn't bend over backwards to get out of the way.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

[QUOTE]http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=602557 In terms of trying to win and keep the streak going, the Bruins won't have to deal with Myers, arguably Buffalo's top D-guy.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    Myers has been terrible this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sndeane. Show sndeane's posts

Credit to Gaustad for stepping up but he didn't look like he wanted anything to do with Lucic.  Turns out, he was right.

Great win for the Bruins. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

Brad Marchand is awesome.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

My favourite moment of last night: Chara and McQuaid rushing into the melee caused by Marchand.  How scary is that for a Sabre?

Sections
Shortcuts