Nobody wants a 40 yr old goalie who took a year off?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Nobody wants a 40 yr old goalie who took a year off?

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

According to SI:  http://nhl.si.com/2013/07/24/options-for-nhl-free-agent-tim-thomas-fall-between-slim-and-none/?sct=hp_t2_a7&eref=sihp

NAS will be so pleased about the Panthers suggestion.

Are you kidding me?  I would be THRILLED!!!  While the guy is clearly missing a few more screws than the normal weirdo goalie, Thomas was amazing for the Bruins.  Yeah, he left a year before his contract was up and used social media and the White House to make odd statements.  Big deal.  It's not like he drove a buddy down a dark road and executed him.

Let me tell you something about Tim Thomas in case some of you have forgotten:  As the goaltender for the Boston Bruins, this guy was a God.  Forget the stupid off-ice stuff.  I'm talking about stopping the puck and winning games.  G-O-D.

Florida is hard to go to more often than not.  When you go to a team enough times, even if you don't want to, you sort of become a fan anyway.  You pull for some guys, get excited for things that happen, join the crowd in cheering etc.  That's how it goes (unless your real team is in town).  The Panthers rot the bottom rung so badly, it's hard walking in thinking, "Oh boy.  Another beating awaits."  Every.  Damn.  Night.

If Thomas were to come down here (I've arrived in permanence!) and play 30 games, I'm be beside myself with happiness.

[/QUOTE]

Really well said !

Thanks for reminding every Bruins fan of what should be thought of when ever Tim Thomas' name is brought up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I drove down to the Springs last weekend and actually saw a "God hates Fags" bumper sticker.  I'd be lying if said that I didn't speed up a bit just to make sure it wasn't TT...

I kid.  Not about the bumper sticker -- I really did see that.

I can't understand the Isles or Calgary at all if they aren't trying to get this guy.  I mean, I'm probably in the TT 'doubter' camp right now due to the age, mental state, year off, etc.  But with Ramo and old man Nabakov starting as the #1, how are you not looking at TT?

For that matter, how did Khudo not end up with one of those teams.  He signed cheap with Carolina.  Wouldn't Calgary and the Isles be interested in him?  Wouldn't he rather sign with them and see a lot more playing time than he's going to in backing up Cam Ward.

I'm confused.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Cam Ward had a serious injury, is not a possibility that he will be eased back in? Or be prone to re-injury?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Like I say, I agree with Muir.  What does Calgary get if it signs TT?  They aren't going to make the playoffs.  He could have a 1.74GAA at the end of the year and lose 40 games.  The Isles is perplexing.  I thought they'd let Nabokov walk, but they didn't.  I thought they'd toll Thomas, but they didn't.  I thought that was because they could just sign him without giving up the pick, but no dice as yet.  They had the offense to challenge the Pens in the first round but couldn't keep them off the scoresheet.

Carolina should be better, but they need help on the back end - wonder if they wish the Bruins had taken Murphy rather than Hamilton?  Staal, Staal, Semin, Skinner, a healthy Ruutu and breakout star Tlusty?  There are worse top sixes.  Khudobin gambled, I think.  Ward has played a lot of hockey over the 6 or 7 season prior to his injury.  386 games over 6 years = 64+ games/year.  68+ in four of those years topping out at 74.  8 games for the back-up.  Might as well have the gate on a garage door opener.  I wonder if Carolina told him they were going to cut back Ward's games played to keep him healthy and fresher.  Mostly, though, I'm surprised Khudobin took such a skimpy deal.  I thought for sure he would bolt for the K if no one topped a million for him.

Are you not entertained?!?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Cam Ward had a serious injury, is not a possibility that he will be eased back in? Or be prone to re-injury?

I don't know.  Maybe.  It just seems like if Khudo was seeking more opportunity, above all else, he'd look to play behind Ramo or Nabakov rather than Cam Ward.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

True, definitely odd. Time will tell I suppose.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

even though TT took a year off, he'd still be the #1 or more teams than not....

expect to see TT in the nhl this year....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

even though TT took a year off, he'd still be the #1 or more teams than not....

expect to see TT in the nhl this year....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

I'm going to guess this isn't correct.  Of course, it's a guess.  No one has any idea what shape he's in.  Could be good.  Could be round.

Sections
Shortcuts