Not-a-shot is a loud mout nerd, and this new board stinks!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Not-a-shot is a loud mout nerd, and this new board stinks!!!

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Amazing how some topics never die. 

[/QUOTE]

Especially when people bump them up.

[/QUOTE]

What does bumping up mean ?

[/QUOTE]

Chowda, "bumping up" means posting to a thread so that it goes back to the top of the list.

So for example, my posting is "bumping up" this thread.

[/QUOTE]

...........for the reason of liking this thread or for the pleasures of being a sh#t disturber ?

Bump 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

There is no bad publicity.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Having spent part of my career in PR I have to disagree. Maybe that applies to celebritards but not everyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Even when it comes from a stalker? ;-0

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This post should be in your top 5 "stupid comments".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

is everyone done with this thread?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wonder how Lance Armstrong would feel about this comment?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wonder how Lance Armstrong would feel about this comment?

[/QUOTE]

As an experienced cyclist who rode for a team in Italy, I can say it was obvious he was doping all along.  There are guys where you can just tell, even tho the pain shows on their faces they still look fresh.  Like Delgado, like Pantani, like Ulrich.  I never liked Lance.  I hate this tour d'France only strategy, I'd like to the giro and the vuelta gets more press - that it deserves, not to mention the classics.

o yah, hockey forum, but anyways, lance is an utter and complete deebag

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

I think lance Armstrong is an outstanding person he has helped more ppl than anyone on this board could even dream of. Who cares he cheated is there any athlete out there that hasn't At the elite level. Live strong haters....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think lance Armstrong is an outstanding person he has helped more ppl than anyone on this board could even dream of. Who cares he cheated is there any athlete out there that hasn't At the elite level. Live strong haters....

[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously trying to imply that all elite athletes are cheaters and liars? Tell me about the times that Orr and Gretzky cheated because I've never heard about it. Who has Lance Armstrong helped again?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously trying to imply that all elite athletes are cheaters and liars? Tell me about the times that Orr and Gretzky cheated because I've never heard about it. Who has Lance Armstrong helped again?

[/QUOTE]

Himself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

50below, while I agree that he helped himself and was a lying cheater, the fact remains that Livestrong raised money for cancer research and charities. That is unless I'm mistaken with that as well...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

He has raised millions upon millions of dollars for cancer research to better the lives of millions that deal with cancer every year I'd say he has done more than some troll on a blog. And to say that Orr or Gretzky never cheap shot someone or done something to better there chance of winning makes you seem like a Girl Scout everyone cheats some more than other but they all cheat to get what they want its human nature. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

He has raised millions upon millions of dollars for cancer research to better the lives of millions that deal with cancer every year I'd say he has done more than some troll on a blog. And to say that Orr or Gretzky never cheap shot someone or done something to better there chance of winning makes you seem like a Girl Scout everyone cheats some more than other but they all cheat to get what they want its human nature. 

[/QUOTE]

there's cheating and then there's cheating.

Drugs & blood doping in cycling is like making sure one net is smaller than the other in hockey, only done once in the Montreal forum.  You just can't cheat in hockey as you can in cycling.

Great for all the charity work that Lance did, but how much of that charity work - and the books - were to provide a cover for the illegal activity.  In the book he describes a usada official dropping in at some ungodly hour and lance answers the door.   In reality, when you are 'glowing' (knowing you will test positive), you DON'T answer the door for the drug test man.  You hide under your bed.  As simple as that to beat the test.   So his books are b.s. propaganda.

Al Capone gave away free food during the depression you know.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is not human nature to cheat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

50below, while I agree that he helped himself and was a lying cheater, the fact remains that Livestrong raised money for cancer research and charities. That is unless I'm mistaken with that as well...

[/QUOTE]

I am all for someone raising money for a good cause, but Lance likely wouldn't have started Livestrong and all of its fund raising efforts if not for the notoriety and fame he recieved by winning those fraudulent and drug aided cycling trophies. I could at least give the guy credit for admitting to his career long charade but he still wants everyone to believe he was still pure against overwhelming evidence to the contrary and that he could beat every other top cyclist in the world riding clean when all the rest were doping.For the record i do not know how much Livestrong does for cancer research.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

From what i have been able to dig up on the internet, The Livestong foundation (formerly the Lance Armstrong foundation) donates almost nothing to cancer research but puts its money into providing support for people affected by cancer. Helpful nonetheless.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

You heard it here first.

The worst about Lance Armstrong hasn't gone public yet, and I hope it will be revealed someday.

At one point pretty much all Lance's major rivals used the same blood doping doctor.

All of his rivals got bad blood and became extremely ill.

Lance knew that Doctor and Lance had him on his payroll at one time.

There's no doubt in my mind that Lance had something to do with his rival's blood bags getting tainted.

Lance's nickname - "the boss" - as in "mob boss".

He was a punk from day 1.

His first pro race Lance got his doors blown off.

it will also be revealed that the doping earlier in his career caused the testicular cancer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Find me a man that never cheated and ill find you a liar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just because you don't have any pride or shame doesn't mean others are the same. Winning by cheating isn't the same as winning through skill and effort. I'm not at all surprised you don't get that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Committing a penalty is to have cheated so every game is won by cheating. But you wouldn't grasp that concept. There wouldnt be a need for rules if people didn't cheat hence it is human nature. Just like laws and religion are used to control people. Everyone cheats whether it be on your taxes, test, breaking laws and so on. Last time I checked pride is a vice, like being to proud to admit you are no better than lance Armstrong. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Find me a man who has a secret web site and I'll find you a liar. 

Cheating the truth.

Link please.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Lance Armstrong in a hockey forum?  Ok, I cannot resist.  I liked having an American win the Tour de France.  I don't like people who lie as public figures.  Recently, he did act prudently by not chanllenging any allegations, primarily a publicity move to stop media speculation.  He is rich now and living in solitary comfort.  I really don't think he cares of public opinion.  My point.  Outside of BadHab, how many of you posters know who finished second in all those tarnished victories in France, me thinks zero.  

As for others cheating, NAS you are Machiavellian!  Everything is in degrees including cheating. As for sports figures who cheated.  Let me have my illusiions of clean play when I think of Orr.  Let me think of Ted Williams when I think of players who played the media and the sport well.  Ray Bourque is untarnished in my eyes too despite the negatives thrown around here at times.  

Happy Thanksgiving to all south of the border from Canada.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

Committing a penalty is to have cheated so every game is won by cheating. But you wouldn't grasp that concept. There wouldnt be a need for rules if people didn't cheat hence it is human nature. Just like laws and religion are used to control people. Everyone cheats whether it be on your taxes, test, breaking laws and so on. Last time I checked pride is a vice, like being to proud to admit you are no better than lance Armstrong. 

[/QUOTE]

Let me get this straight. You're actually trying to claim that a guy who flips the puck over the glass in the defensive end is guilty of "cheating"? A rulebook is put in place so games can have structure, not just so the refs can guage the level of "cheating" that every player is guilty of. Without rulebooks, how would you tell the difference between hockey and jai alai? I also don't remember claiming to be better than Lance Armstrong at anything. It's just that I'm painfully aware of my shortcomings and I expect a bit more from those that are given hero status. I guess you're just happy if they're better than you. That's a terrible guage.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are just extending the definition of cheating for the sake of your argument.

I'll grant you your definition only for the sake of argument, but there are degrees of cheating.  It is NOT the same to break the law by driving 56 MPH in a 55 zone and killing someone for the $20 in their wallet.

Lance Armstrong used EPO and steroids illegally and forced certain others on his team to do the same in order to win the prize money at bike races and to obtain other monies via those wins.  I have not committed any crimes nearly as large.  In that respect I am much better than Lance Armstrong.

I can see that you are going to stick to your guns on this and claim no one is any better than anyone else in this regard.  I am sure I can find ways that mother Theresa, the Dalai Lama and the pope have cheated, too.  They are people, too, and as you say all people cheat.  So by your logic they are no better than me - or Lance Armstrong.