Not good news on potential lock out per 985 the sports hub boston

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Not good news on potential lock out per 985 the sports hub boston

I feel so bad for the players, they have it so rough. Playing hockey for a living for ~15 years, making millions each season, then retiring a multi millionaire...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What?  A potential lock out?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

There are lots of NHL atheletes that aren't millionaires, that are on the fence of the big leagues, and live pretty close to paycheck to paycheck. When they lose weeks of the season, they get their pocket squeezed and their player reps get squeezed as well. Just by virtue of there being many more players than there are owners, its easier for them to gang up and apply enough pressure to the less informed, more desperate players.

That's the kind of pressure the owners are putting on, and it usually works.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

OC,

If any of them are living paycheck to paycheck, they are fools.  I know people who live comfortably on $50K/yr.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to Olsonic's comment:

There are lots of NHL atheletes that aren't millionaires, that are on the fence of the big leagues, and live pretty close to paycheck to paycheck. When they lose weeks of the season, they get their pocket squeezed and their player reps get squeezed as well. Just by virtue of there being many more players than there are owners, its easier for them to gang up and apply enough pressure to the less informed, more desperate players.

The average goon in this league make 600k-1,000,000 dollars a season (Boston's gets 1.5). It takes the average person 15-20 years to make that much money. I wouldn't exactly call that living paycheck to paycheck.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hey Ipot, my buddy plays in division 1 at Chelsea Piers. He said he's not sure what the team name will be because it's changing. His name is Danny O'Brien. Let me know if you're playing against him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Still nothing, and I'll be upset if this turns into accepting a deal in December that could have been reached in August.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I have no confidence in a deal being reached any time soon because of Donald Fehr.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup comment:

Just heard on 985 the sports hub that a player told a source at the station that they are thinking season might start on the "black friday game" in November. The same player also said they are prepared for anything and that they ( the players) aren't going to back down this time like last time. This doesn't sound good. I didn't think they would start the season on time but this sounds like it could get very ugly. Hope there is a season! There has to be a season at some point right?

DUH  !    I have already predicted on this board on Aug 8th 2012 that the NHL season would start shortly after Christmas ...HELLO ! ! !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (with Khudo as our number 1 goalie)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In response to Olsonic's comment:

The NHL minimum salary for 2011-12 was $525,000.  I can't imagine someone living "paycheque to paycheque" on that type of money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

In response to comment:  Dude, you know how hard it is to be at the top of your profession? Obviously not, we all try but only a few make it.  They deserve the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for all their millions of hours of work put in from 5am to midnight.

If you don't retire a multi-millionaire, than shame on you! You had all the opportunities in the country. 

Sections
Shortcuts