Not Impressed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Not Impressed

Right on Jwensink. In fact most teams are becoming more agressive against the Bruins and "our" Bruins need to step it up. Cannot aford any hanger-ons or mistake prone defense. Ference played hard last night, but their bigger offensive players really gave him, and all except Chara and Seidenberg, a real challenge when they flooded the offensive zone. Late goals came from picking off Boychuck's [ Predictable] slam around the boards, and Boychuck's [ predictable] dropping on his belly and taking himself out of the play. Bad habits are tough to replace, and Johnny B seems to be reverting to older actions we thought he had overcome.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

But I will join the whiner parade on one thing -- 1:15 left, faceoff in the offensive zone, Julien keeps Khudo in net and keeps the 4th line out.  Why?  Baffling.

Uh oh here comes Juliens army to argue that this remark doesn't matter. Chiarelli will get more depth in scoring. Other, better players will help or pick up the slack when the players Boston counts on aren't scoring. Until PC gets another scorer to supplement the 3rd lines lack of, there will be games like last night.

I didn't think Boston got dominated but what they don't have is that extend-the-lead-to-finish when they need it. Bruins keep letting teams that they are better than hang around when they should dominate. This is why I want Spooner up to see if he can spark the 3rd while PC is looking for that winger.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Last night I was watching most of the game on the Pens homer network (Bob Errey is a putz by the way) and the part I found most interesting was an admission by the announcers that they held their breath when the Bergeron line was on during the game because that was the only line that has been consistently dangerous for the B's all season. Completely true.....its hard to role 4 lines when some of them have been MIA for good chunks of the season.

That said, it was only one loss against the all-powerful Pens. Can't win them all. Next.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yup, I wanted the Bs to win badly.  I thought they played well given the fact their legs were just not able to keep up with the high flying Pens.  Unfortunately, the Bs have to do the same on Sunday, a game with the Pens after playing the day before.  So goes the shortten season.  I thought the Bs could eke out a 3-2 record this week.  Still doable.  

JM the second line was a going concern enough for Mr. Hockey to speak to Seguin at the end of the game.  If it was not for his intimidating hockey skills, he could be called a punk.  The first line needs Horton to hit more.  Not a real concern at this juncture of the season.  The fourth line has been much better, it is what it is.  The third line, well, I hope Kelly gets back.  

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Last night I was watching most of the game on the Pens homer network (Bob Errey is a putz by the way) and the part I found most interesting was an admission by the announcers that they held their breath when the Bergeron line was on during the game because that was the only line that has been consistently dangerous for the B's all season. Completely true.....its hard to role 4 lines when some of them have been MIA for good chunks of the season.

That said, it was only one loss against the all-powerful Pens. Can't win them all. Next.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

JM the second line was a going concern enough for Mr. Hockey to speak to Seguin at the end of the game.  If it was not for his intimidating hockey skills, he could be called a punk.  The first line needs Horton to hit more.  Not a real concern at this juncture of the season.  The fourth line has been much better, it is what it is.  The third line, well, I hope Kelly gets back.  

This is it exactly. It has been rare for all lines to be clicking in the same game this season. When it does happen, they dominate. One other observation, Pandolfo should not be playing 11 minutes a night. He is a 13th forward, fill in on the 4rth line kind of guy only.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

This morning on 98.5, Chiarelli minimized the notion of tired legs.   Said that was a part of it, but also said that other teams have had it and have worse than the Bruins (specifically mentioned the Leafs schedule).

Asked about Lucic's recent play, PC said he wasn't going to criticize him.  Said Lucic and Horton need to be physical to be effective.

Was disappointed in the "approach" that he felt that they took with the lead.  He said the team should attack more in those situations and called out the lack of forecheck and pressure. 

Much more, below...audio about halfway down the page.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/03/13/bruins-chiarelli-on-chris-kelly-i-think-hell-be-fine-toucher-and-rich/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Asked about Lucic's recent play, PC said he wasn't going to criticize him. Said Lucic and Horton need to be physical to be effective.

Was disappointed in the "approach" that he felt that they took with the lead. He said the team should attack more in those situations and called out the lack of forecheck and pressure.

BINGO !

The B's couldn't get over their own goal ling without getting hammered, the pens got a free skate to the blue line to meet the dreaded neutral zone defense. Need to fight for every inch of ice, otherwise a team like that will grind you down till there's nothing left- which is exactly what happened.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Before the game in an interview Kunitz was describing how the B's move the puck out of the zone. D to D behind the net and up the boards. It was obvious that the Pens decided the way to beat this team was to attack 5 on 5. It was a full blown assault like Ive never seen before. The Pens were going to the spots they knew the puck was going to be, and they were all in with everybody. It was as if the B's were killing a PP all night. They were outplayed and out competed and outcoached. Now, nobody hates that team more than me- but they get all the credit. No excuses. They kicked azz all night. It was the most aggressive attack I can remember, it was actually incredibly impressive.The B's need to figure out how to make this ballz out forecheck pay the price for going all out in deep. Adjustments will have to be made.

87       0       0         87     Email   Comment Print

FINAL 2 - 3
    BRUINS
      PENGUINS FINAL 1 2 3 T BRUINS
    2 0 0 2 PENGUINS 0 0 3 3 Brandon Sutter: Two-Goal Hero
    Post Game: Brandon Sutter
    Post Game: Chris Kunitz
    Post Game: Sidney Crosby
    Post Game: Coach Bylsma
    Penguins Report: Game Day vs. Boston
    What to Watch For: Pens vs. Bruins
    Geico Coach's Corner: Game Day
    Verizon Game Day Report

For the first 53:42 minutes of Tuesday’s game against Boston at CONSOL Energy Center, it seemed like the Bruins would leave Pittsburgh with a 2-0 shutout victory. The pucks just didn’t seem to be bouncing Pittsburgh’s way no matter how much they buzzed the net.

"We did a great job of coming back,” Kunitz said. “We knew it would take a bunch of shots to get past these guys and wear their team down. It took 55 minutes to get that first one. ... I think it's a great learning tool for us to be able to play 55 minutes without getting a goal and then just keep coming and be able to get three quick ones and turn the tide in the game.”

Producing a rally like this is impressive in itself; to do it against a team like Boston is nothing short of miraculous. The Bruins are a structurally sound team that’s completely committed to their system. Throughout the game they had perfect positioning, made perfect passes and supported each other all 200 feet of the ice.

MOMENTUM SHIFT
    The Penguins held Boston to just 16 total shots through 60 minutes and one measly shot for the majority of the third period. But despite their miniscule shot total, the Bruins did control a lot of the game – especially early.

They scored a power-play goal within the opening five minutes when Zdeno Chara’s slapshot from the point eluded a screened Marc-Andre Fleury. Tyler Seguin scored less than 10 minutes later to make it 2-0 and from there on, the Bruins clogged the neutral zone with four players and did a solid job of keeping possession despite not getting many pucks to the net.

"They give you the shots from the outside," Kunitz said. "We were looking for passes off the pads, try to get stuff from the slot. They did a great job of clearing. We knew we needed to put a lot of pucks toward them. I think they're a team that might get outshot lots of games, but they have a great structure and it took us a while to break it."

“It seemed like every time we had a good opportunity they were up to the task even though we were pushing and pushing,” Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said. “It felt like we were playing for the first goal. We broke through that with enough time to keep pushing. We got that great goal from Kunitz and our team felt like, at that point, we were going to get another goal.”

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wensink has the market cornered on hysterical overeactions to each game.  It was a close, one-goal game.  Could have gone either way.  

While I agree that the B's fell apart at the end and the Pens looked almost destined to pull it out, nobody was talking about the Pens domination with 6 minutes left.  The B's simply ran out of gas, stopped executing, and the Pens were good enough to make them pay.  The Pens players expressed what we all saw, a very close game with a rare breakdown of Bruin hockey in the final 5 minutes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Wensink has the market cornered on hysterical overeactions to each game.  It was a close, one-goal game.  Could have gone either way.  

While I agree that the B's fell apart at the end and the Pens looked almost destined to pull it out, nobody was talking about the Pens domination with 6 minutes left.  The B's simply ran out of gas, stopped executing, and the Pens were good enough to make them pay.  The Pens players expressed what we all saw, a very close game with a rare breakdown of Bruin hockey in the final 5 minutes.

Fletch- not sure what the root of the JW vs you and dez brawl is about, but it's getting tired and is a little beneath all of you as solid posters on the site. 

I often find myself in agreement with all three of you, which tells me that there is some degree of commonality there.  That said, I agree with JW quite a bit, so starting to find the attacks hitting a little close to home.

Not sure if this all harkens back to the TT/Politics discussions, but probably time to let it go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

A couple more saves and the Bruins would've had another easy 2 points.Through 2 periods the Bruins put on a clinic that was similar to what they did to Philly on Saturday. Ask Crosby if he'd like to face them in a series and I guarantee he'd say he'd rather play anybody else first. Listening to the posters here you'd think Pitt would be chomping at the bit to pound on the Bruins again. It's laughable because the Bruins were 6 minutes away from being talked about as clearly the East's best team. Oh well. It's one loss against another good team. Not a big deal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Fletch- not sure what the root of the JW vs you and dez brawl is about, but it's getting tired and is a little beneath all of you as solid posters on the site. 

I often find myself in agreement with all three of you, which tells me that there is some degree of commonality there.  That said, I agree with JW quite a bit, so starting to find the attacks hitting a little close to home.

Not sure if this all harkens back to the TT/Politics discussions, but probably time to let it go.

Crowls, it's got nothing to do with politics for me and if it hits too close to home for you then you're reading too much into it. I think the reaction from Wensink was typical and ridiculously exaggerated. That's all that was being addressed. Why does politics even need to be brought up?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

As long as they fix it by the playoff time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Crowls, it's got nothing to do with politics for me and if it hits too close to home for you then you're reading too much into it. I think the reaction from Wensink was typical and ridiculously exaggerated. That's all that was being addressed. Why does politics even need to be brought up?

Tyring to understand the root-cause for the animosity.

There are a ton of ridiculous posts out here, just seems that when JW posts you and fletch have disproportionate responses.

Not trying to act like Johnny Moderator, but would be great if we could move on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

There are a ton of ridiculous posts out here, just seems that when JW posts you and fletch have disproportionate responses.

Not trying to act like Johnny Moderator, but would be great if we could move on.

Show me another post where someone was as over the top and I'll show you one that I reacted the exact same to. I'm going to go back and delete a bit to make my reply more impersonal but it'll still make barely a difference. It is what it is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Fluffer nutter media homerism!  What else can I say, the Pens have an offense, the Bs were defensively in mid season form with tired legs.  Don't get hurt (hitting a minimum), play sound positional hockey, and help the youngster's learn the game.  Why the Pens won, they did not play the night before.  In the playoffs they don't play the night before.  The Bs need to make necessary adjustments now that Kelly is out indefinitely.  They have made some with Peverly at center.  If one thinks the Pens were the superior team last night, well, they are Pens fans.  These are the same fans who did not complain of Savard's injury but acted in an overzealous manner when Crosby got hurt.  Yikes, the logic abounds in Pittsburgh!

Before the game in an interview Kunitz was describing how the B's move the puck out of the zone. D to D behind the net and up the boards. It was obvious that the Pens decided the way to beat this team was to attack 5 on 5. It was a full blown assault like Ive never seen before. The Pens were going to the spots they knew the puck was going to be, and they were all in with everybody. It was as if the B's were killing a PP all night. They were outplayed and out competed and outcoached. Now, nobody hates that team more than me- but they get all the credit. No excuses. They kicked azz all night. It was the most aggressive attack I can remember, it was actually incredibly impressive.The B's need to figure out how to make this ballz out forecheck pay the price for going all out in deep. Adjustments will have to be made.

Wow! What a huge tub of garbage. What happened? Did Pitt put out an ad looking for a new lead ball washer? What a typical and foolishly exagerated response. Here's what was written about the game on the Penguins site, where it seemed many people remember the actual game rather than the fiction you've just described.

87       0       0         87     Email   Comment Print

FINAL 2 - 3
    BRUINS
      PENGUINS FINAL 1 2 3 T BRUINS
    2 0 0 2 PENGUINS 0 0 3 3 Brandon Sutter: Two-Goal Hero
    Post Game: Brandon Sutter
    Post Game: Chris Kunitz
    Post Game: Sidney Crosby
    Post Game: Coach Bylsma
    Penguins Report: Game Day vs. Boston
    What to Watch For: Pens vs. Bruins
    Geico Coach's Corner: Game Day
    Verizon Game Day Report

For the first 53:42 minutes of Tuesday’s game against Boston at CONSOL Energy Center, it seemed like the Bruins would leave Pittsburgh with a 2-0 shutout victory. The pucks just didn’t seem to be bouncing Pittsburgh’s way no matter how much they buzzed the net.

"We did a great job of coming back,” Kunitz said. “We knew it would take a bunch of shots to get past these guys and wear their team down. It took 55 minutes to get that first one. ... I think it's a great learning tool for us to be able to play 55 minutes without getting a goal and then just keep coming and be able to get three quick ones and turn the tide in the game.”

Producing a rally like this is impressive in itself; to do it against a team like Boston is nothing short of miraculous. The Bruins are a structurally sound team that’s completely committed to their system. Throughout the game they had perfect positioning, made perfect passes and supported each other all 200 feet of the ice.

MOMENTUM SHIFT
    The Penguins held Boston to just 16 total shots through 60 minutes and one measly shot for the majority of the third period. But despite their miniscule shot total, the Bruins did control a lot of the game – especially early.

They scored a power-play goal within the opening five minutes when Zdeno Chara’s slapshot from the point eluded a screened Marc-Andre Fleury. Tyler Seguin scored less than 10 minutes later to make it 2-0 and from there on, the Bruins clogged the neutral zone with four players and did a solid job of keeping possession despite not getting many pucks to the net.

"They give you the shots from the outside," Kunitz said. "We were looking for passes off the pads, try to get stuff from the slot. They did a great job of clearing. We knew we needed to put a lot of pucks toward them. I think they're a team that might get outshot lots of games, but they have a great structure and it took us a while to break it."

“It seemed like every time we had a good opportunity they were up to the task even though we were pushing and pushing,” Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said. “It felt like we were playing for the first goal. We broke through that with enough time to keep pushing. We got that great goal from Kunitz and our team felt like, at that point, we were going to get another goal.”

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

So what exactly needs to be fixed?  Look backward to 2010-11, take a game like against Toronto then ask why did the Bs win the Cup? Please, the team is playing very well.  Defense needs help, the third line needs help, the first line needs to have the end of the regular season, and top it all off the Cubby goalie did pretty well throughout the game.  Yikes.  

In response to Stuke50's comment:

As long as they fix it by the playoff time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Hey that was the most relentless attack on a team I think I've ever seen. Out of gas? that's hilarious. If you can't recognize what the Pens did last night, then you really don't know sh1t about competition. So I give credit to Pitt for taking it to the B's, AND YES I was concerned from halfway thru the 1st period, and felt that nobody could withstand what they were bringing. The B's got their azzes kicked, and it was well deserved, and might end up being a blessing down the road.

The two clowns can't offer honest opinions, they literally aren't capable. Every time they

hammer me they take themselves down another notch. Like this gem from Fletch -

"Wensink has the market cornered on hysterical overeactions to each game. It was a close, one-goal game. Could have gone either way. "

that was as far from a close game as you can get, a casual fan who actually believes he knows what he's talking about would say something like that. It was a total domination for 50 straight minutes. The B's were literally getting choked out by Pitts non stop fore check, and had no answer.

Keep it coming weasels, I ain't going anywhere.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hey that was the most relentless attack on a team I think I've ever seen. Out of gas? that's hilarious. If you can't recognize what the Pens did last night, then you really don't know sh1t about competition. So I give credit to Pitt for taking it to the B's, AND YES I was concerned from halfway thru the 1st period, and felt that nobody could withstand what they were bringing. The B's got their azzes kicked, and it was well deserved, and might end up being a blessing down the road.

The two clowns can't offer honest opinions, they literally aren't capable. Every time they

hammer me they take themselves down another notch. Like this gem from Fletch -

"Wensink has the market cornered on hysterical overeactions to each game. It was a close, one-goal game. Could have gone either way. "

that was as far from a close game as you can get, a casual fan who actually believes he knows what he's talking about would say something like that. It was a total domination for 50 straight minutes. The B's were literally getting choked out by Pitts non stop fore check, and had no answer.

Keep it coming weasels, I ain't going anywhere.

Not getting any smarter either. This is from the guy that guaranteed the Bruins couldn't win CJ and Chara leading the way and who can see Rask's flaws from his living room. I believe you said that anyone who thought different had a clam strip for a brain. You're the guy who knows more about hockey than I do so what a dimwit I must be. Oh, I've got to go. My borscht is boiling over.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

What about when this guy posts.  Its all fun.  Dez n fletch are smart and know their hockey.  It would be a dry place if we all got along.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Jesus. Where is that?  Middle Earth?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah Crowls, sorry if its annoying, but its really not beneath me, unfortunately.  I've taken issue with about a half dozen posters over the semi-hysterical reaction to the Bruins losing a 3rd period game this week amid a fantastic run so far this season.  The emotional insecurity about this team is alarming sometimes.  Part of what's fun here is pointing out the posts that seem silly or foolish, and that can usually be done respectfully.  But a few posters always have foolish posts, always display the same bitter insecurities, always have a predictable reaction, etc.  So they get a lot more grief. Wensink gets picked on a lot here.  So be it.  I don't get into the swearing and name-calling and I promise you that when he writes something I agree with, I'll say so.  Just trying to be honest, and his posts crack me up.  I've sat next to people like him at games...its awful. ;)

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Asked about Lucic's recent play, PC said he wasn't going to criticize him. Said Lucic and Horton need to be physical to be effective.

Was disappointed in the "approach" that he felt that they took with the lead. He said the team should attack more in those situations and called out the lack of forecheck and pressure.

Another hysterical reaction from an annoying reactionary observer.

The other side of the coin is "hey it was a close one goal game that could of went either way"

This is what a no nothing pom pom boy would say. That was as far from close as you'll ever see.

The reason I get attacked from Fletch the liar, and Dez the chemically altered communist is due to the simple fact the I punch back, and dare to call them out for their biased uniformed views. But it's always only in response . They can't deal with the fact that someone would have the gall to say that their views are inaccurate. It's really about insecurity. So, the best way to validate themselves is to kill the messenger, and thereby making any remarks against them diluted in their delusional small brains.  

Apologies to anyone who has to endure this garbage, but I'll never back down from attacks, that might not be the best way to handle it, but that's the way I do it. I come on here to learn and keep up with the Bruins. And I'll continue to honestly voice whatever viewpoint I have.