Not our problem anymore...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Not our problem anymore...

In response to hangnail's comment:

Tyler thought he was going to come to practice and games days straight from the dorms, still in his suit he was wearing the night before. Throws a "trade party" in response to being traded. Moms says this is BS but I know better and so do Bruins fans that live in downtown.

Taking down your twitter account down is step one to getting your act together.

Do tell Sandog.

People in Boston have talking about Seguin's drinking and partying around the college campuses for the past two years. I honestly didn't think it had gotten as bad as the Bruins brass having to speak to him about it.

Again hope Tyler is able to get it under control. So far, not so much, with Dallas having to release a statement already. It looks like Seguin has some more wising up to do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Just hope the Stars don't want their players back now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

In response to jaymiller's comment:

[QUOTE]

tweet aside ..

Like seriously ~ after your character is questioned, what professional athete throws a "trade party" ??

TS didn't call it a "trade party", some hottie did.  And I had a 4th of July party too.  What's the big deal?

[/QUOTE]

The problem is he lacks judgement 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Lack of character, just like it is to purposely take the wrong route to the puck so you're not the first one there, then throw your azz into the boards and flail away with your arms to try and make it appear like you really tried. That's how a punk conducts himself.  That's how the second pick in the draft with all world skills gets sent packing after three years. Stop making excuses for him...he is who he is. You like goals, well we had somebody who puts up more and he's gone too. Time to end the crush, and accept reality.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cberbes. Show cberbes's posts

It should shock nobody that players don't want to come to Boston, look how "we" treat them when they leave.  This is a 21 year old, rich, good looking KID, who is enjoying his youth.  Are all 21 year old kids like this?  No, but many are.  He's not out pretending to be a thug, or actually being a thug like Hernandez.  He is parting and enjoying being a kid.  Understandly the team wanted him to be more professional, as did his team mates.  But this Seguin bashing is entering the ridiculous.  Talking about his tattoos, claiming he is a homophobe.  It appears to me that he left his laptop signed in and a "friend" tweeted a joke.  Read it, if you take it as it reads he is calling himself a homosexual.  Clearly someone was messing around.

Just like Thornton (all though he had more time) Seguin isn't living up to the hype, at the money the Bruins had committed to him it was best to ship him out.  Personally I would have liked to see one more, full, season out of him....but that's not my call.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to cberbes' comment:

It should shock nobody that players don't want to come to Boston, look how "we" treat them when they leave.

"Bruins sign Jarome Iginla"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Lack of character, just like it is to purposely take the wrong route to the puck so you're not the first one there, then throw your azz into the boards and flail away with your arms to try and make it appear like you really tried. That's how a punk conducts himself.  That's how the second pick in the draft with all world skills gets sent packing after three years. Stop making excuses for him...he is who he is. You like goals, well we had somebody who puts up more and he's gone too. Time to end the crush, and accept reality.

You hit the nail on the head. Hope for his sake he gets and accepts a wake-up call soon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Hes in the bible belt now, hopefully that will benefit him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I wish him well as long as it's not against the Bruins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Patrick Kane doesn't hit, doesn't like to take hits, doesn't get his nose very dirty and probably backchecks less than Tyler.  What do you think of him and his game?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

I like the trade as a hockey move.  He was nowhere close to overtaking Bergeron or Krecji at center, nor was he living up to his hype playing outside his "natural position".  That said, I am getting sick of the mud slinging everytime a player leaves town.  If you only follow the Bruins, it's far worse with the other pro teams here, but unfortunately it's caught on there too.

There was plenty of crap to call him out for while he was here (soft play, avoiding contact, standing still with his stick in the air  on the power play oblivous that the passing lanes were clogged, previous twitter activity, constantly watching replays of himself on the jumbo tron etc.).  Instead, he was on the main page for months for his epic "photo bomb".  Sure there was the occasional backhanded comment, but now that he's gone they just pour it on.  The local sports reporters act like a bunch of gossiping teenage girls.

I'm all for calling out guys for their actions, but do it when they are here and have a chance to defend themselves.  Why sit on the stuff and then exaggerate every single piece of dirt after they are moved?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Have to disagree BS, it happens everywhere and I dont think it's as bad as you think.

While I think the media plays it up, he did bring some of it on himself. Nothing wrong with a 21 year old kid having a good time, just be smart about it. Thats the responsibilty that comes with being a professional hockey player making millions of dollars. You want to party at college dorms during the playoffs, then go to college, dont have an NHL game the next night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

[QUOTE]

Patrick Kane doesn't hit, doesn't like to take hits, doesn't get his nose very dirty and probably backchecks less than Tyler.  What do you think of him and his game?

[/QUOTE]

Patrick Kane competes and plays with supreme confidence and with zero fear. Neither have anything to do with "taking hits".

Here's one for ya...Phil Kessel can skate better than Tyler, has more creativity, scores more points, and is cheaper. What do you think of his game ?

Oh yeh, he was a Bruin, got sent away. Also, he was way less cool and sexy than Tyler, had only one testicle, and was nothing like Justin Beiber. Nobody liked him, hmm ??? -

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Patrick Kane competes and plays with supreme confidence and with zero fear. Neither have anything to do with "taking hits".

Here's one for ya...Phil Kessel can skate better than Tyler, has more creativity, scores more points, and is cheaper. What do you think of his game ?

Oh yeh, he was a Bruin, got sent away. Also, he was way less cool and sexy than Tyler, had only one testicle, and was nothing like Justin Beiber. Nobody liked him, hmm ??? -

Didn't they spend Kessel's money on Horton ?

Even though his stats were not as sexy as Kessel's ............ I'm thinking come playoff time he scored some big goals for the Bruins while Phil the Thrill was still learning.

Some people would rather have had one testicled Kessel playing the last few years in the playoffs, hmm ???-

Not me. I preferred the OT goal scoring, cheaper Nathan Horton who was the replacement for Phil's cap money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

For all the...the kids only 21 years old, give him a break crowd. Google Tryler Seguin images and then go google Taylor Hall images - you'll see that one of those 21 year old kids is holding trophies, at children's hospitals and playing hockey...you'll see the other one drunk with his shirt off hanging over random chicks in clubs.

You know what? He can go out and have fun, but this kid seems to end up on the internet a little too much in some embarrassing fashion. You're 21? Good get yourself 4 or 5 close friends, tell them to stop taking pictures of you and using your phone. Then do yourself a favor, don't take your shirt off unless you're at the beach or in a pool. You might also want to try not getting totally hammered while in public and then posing for pictures with strangers. All of this this stuff is not as hard as it seems and is not out of the question to ask a 21 year old kid who makes 5 plus million a year, while under performing at his "job".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Didn't they spend Kessel's money on Horton ?

Even though his stats were not as sexy as Kessel's ............ I'm thinking come playoff time he scored some big goals for the Bruins while Phil the Thrill was still learning.

Some people would rather have had one testicled Kessel playing the last few years in the playoffs, hmm ???-

Not me. I preferred the OT goal scoring, cheaper Nathan Horton who was the replacement for Phil's cap money.

C'mon now...I agree with everything you just said, except that it had nothing to do with my post which was a response to a question about Patrick Kane.

My point was that there are a lot of posters who defend Seguin and killed Kessel. Which is why I used the Kessel comparison to answer the Kane question. I think many understandably loved the image of Seguin. There was enormous hype that he came along with. He quickly became their Fav Bruin, for what he represented, and for the cool flashy image that he acquired (7th player award). They saw all the skill and highlight reel stuff, but never looked close enough to see the huge wholes in his game. He always got the excuses and the benefit of the doubt...which Kessel never got. Phil was not very likeable visually, and Seguin was. I'm sure that Seguin's jersey sales dwarfed Kessel's. Seguin had off ice issues, and Kessel was a cancer survivor. Time to put away the bromance and man crushes, and recognize that those were the real differences between Kessel and Seguin much more than what they brought on the ice. In the end, Bruins brass wisely moved both players who have immense skill. That says it all -

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

C'mon now...I agree with everything you just said, except that it had nothing to do with my post which was a response to a question about Patrick Kane.

My point was that there are a lot of posters who defend Seguin and killed Kessel. Which is why I used the Kessel comparison to answer the Kane question. I think many understandably loved the image of Seguin. There was enormous hype that he came along with. He quickly became their Fav Bruin, for what he represented, and for the cool flashy image that he acquired (7th player award). They saw all the skill and highlight reel stuff, but never looked close enough to see the huge wholes in his game. He always got the excuses and the benefit of the doubt...which Kessel never got. Phil was not very likeable visually, and Seguin was. I'm sure that Seguin's jersey sales dwarfed Kessel's. Seguin had off ice issues, and Kessel was a cancer survivor. Time to put away the bromance and man crushes, and recognize that those were the real differences between Kessel and Seguin much more than what they brought on the ice. In the end, Bruins brass wisely moved both players who have immense skill. That says it all -

[/QUOTE]

Without trading Kessel , Horton never becomes a Bruin ( cap ). My post just connected the dots a little better then just saying who would you rather have now..........Kessel or Seguin ?

There was more to who people liked then what you posted...............the sexiness of Seguin vs. the dislike for Kessel and his looks ?

Kessel's demand for bigger money from the Bruins and wanting out if he didn't get it was the contributing factor for Kessel being disliked. What they looked like visually being the reasons ? I don't hang out with the teenaged girl crowds. I don't get that one.

Now.......all is said.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[/QUOTE]

Without trading Kessel , Horton never becomes a Bruin ( cap ). My post just connected the dots a little better then just saying who would you rather have now..........Kessel or Seguin ?

There was more to who people liked then what you posted...............the sexiness of Seguin vs. the dislike for Kessel and his looks ?

Kessel's demand for bigger money from the Bruins and wanting out if he didn't get it was the contributing factor for Kessel being disliked. What they looked like visually being the reasons ? I don't hang out with the teenaged girl crowds. I don't get that one.

Now.......all is said.

[/QUOTE]

You'd feel very differently if you had a subscription to Tiger Beat.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[/QUOTE]

Now.......all is said.

[/QUOTE]

JWensink makes a really good point Chowda.  Your post doesn't connect the dots, it circumvents them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Until this year's play-offs where he seemed to actually grow a pair (lol) I don't know if I have ever seen anyone make it so obvious he was petrified as Kessel did when he was playing against Chara.  He didn't even try to hide it.  

I do agree with you on the confidence thing as the key difference.  Kane is supremely confident and plays his game which includes outstanding skill and avoiding physical contact as much as possible.  He gets results. Kessel is not as confident as Kane but he knows his game and has great  speed and a great shot and has had good if slightly sporadic results.  He even more than Kane, does everything he can to avoid physical contact.

Tyler did lead the Bruins in scoring in 2011-12 but he has struggled to get consistent results and I think it is a confidence issue.  I don't think he likes getting hit but he is not anymore skittish in that area than Kessel.  It seems this year he took a step back in confidence and knowing what his game is.  Was it going to the Swiss league where he got to play centre on bigger ice in a skating league with less hitting? Then he comes back to playing wing in Boston's military system (you must conform).  Yes they won a Cup but Chicago has won two Cups letting Kane play his game.

We will see over the next couple of years in Dallas whether playing centre with more freedom will allow him to find his confidence, his game and showcase his skill. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If it's not our problem anymore, why do any of you care?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to red75's comment:

If it's not our problem anymore, why do any of you care?

For me there are some guys I cheer for only when they are Bruins (Kessel, Linseman, Wheeler, Peverly).  They are guys I either don't like when they are not Bruins or more often are guys I don't care about one way or another if they aren't a Bruin. 

Obviously a guy like Bourque I cheered for after he left and there are a few other guys like that.  I am still a big Joe Thornton fan (was a fan and I thought he was treated unfairly).  Tyler brought on some of his own problems but as a fan of his I hope he goes to Dallas and lights it up.  I do hope however that he is sad when he sees Chara hand the Cup to Iggy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I have to get it off my chest.  I liked the kid.  I liked him a lot.  I liked him for the on ice skills, but from what I saw of the off ice workouts and camp biosteel and from his first vehicle being a used Range Rover I was led to believe that he was mature beyond his years.  I guess I am naive, but I thought the missed team meeting and that benching was a "one of".

I could see the problems in his game as well as anyone and I see what jwensink means.

But I thought he could mature.  I was wild when I was a kid, really wild.  A lot of people didn't think I would live to see 21 years of age.  I had dropped out of school and basically every cent I made went for booze and drugs.  After a few years of that and some close calls I snapped out of it at 21 and turned my life around.  Haven't touched any street drugs since then, (still drink tho), went back to school and got it together.  And at the time I started running every day and eventually took up bike racing and took much better care of myself.

I thought I would see the same in Tyler. I thought his game would improve and get grittier with time.

I am really disappointed in Tyler more than anything.  I wish the kid the best, but again I'd be so disappointed to see him succeed when he could have done it for the Bruins.  I expected to see more bio steel workouts and articles this summer about how Tyler was rededicating himself.  Instead, I see tweets about a 4th of July party.

I guess this is hard on me because I know I was wild and turned it around, and if I were playing for the same stakes that Seguin is...  I just can't see how he can't get it together for millions a year when I did it for a normal life and white collar job.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I have to get it off my chest.  I liked the kid.  I liked him a lot.  I liked him for the on ice skills, but from what I saw of the off ice workouts and camp biosteel and from his first vehicle being a used Range Rover I was led to believe that he was mature beyond his years.  I guess I am naive, but I thought the missed team meeting and that benching was a "one of".

I could see the problems in his game as well as anyone and I see what jwensink means.

But I thought he could mature.  I was wild when I was a kid, really wild.  A lot of people didn't think I would live to see 21 years of age.  I had dropped out of school and basically every cent I made went for booze and drugs.  After a few years of that and some close calls I snapped out of it at 21 and turned my life around.  Haven't touched any street drugs since then, (still drink tho), went back to school and got it together.  And at the time I started running every day and eventually took up bike racing and took much better care of myself.

I thought I would see the same in Tyler. I thought his game would improve and get grittier with time.

I am really disappointed in Tyler more than anything.  I wish the kid the best, but again I'd be so disappointed to see him succeed when he could have done it for the Bruins.  I expected to see more bio steel workouts and articles this summer about how Tyler was rededicating himself.  Instead, I see tweets about a 4th of July party.

I guess this is hard on me because I know I was wild and turned it around, and if I were playing for the same stakes that Seguin is...  I just can't see how he can't get it together for millions a year when I did it for a normal life and white collar job.

Great post BH.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Always nice to read a post that's explanetory.  We see this a bit differently, and that's ok.  Personally, I don't think the partying was what got him shipped out of town.  If it was, then I think the Bruins made a mistake.  Maturity, or some form of it will undoubtedly come along.

I think all of this party hoopla is a bit of a smoke screen, and wouldn't even have come out, if PC figured he had a deal, when those remarks were made.  Doesn't make sense for PC to make those public statements, unless he thinks the trade posibilities are gone, and he's stuck with trying to straighten those things out.

I think the "only reason" Seguin was traded, is because management changed their mind about his potential.  I know mine sure did.  I certainly think he can become a really good player, I just don't think he can become a superstar.  I said before, to date, he's been Samsonov lite.  Samsonov was a really good player who just hit a wall, when he really should have taken off.  They both have those pond hockey skills, but not necessarily that other dimension to get them over the top.  I can't ever see Seguin being a quality center.  If he can more North-South he could be a pretty good winger for a while but the East-West stuff has to go.

If Seguin does morph into a superstar with 15 more years on his resume, it won't look good on PC, but I feel he's made a really gutsy, prudent decision.  Time will tell.