Not so Bad!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Re: Not so Bad!

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Cute list but there is no team in the NHL that has as many players that can take care of themselves as the Bruins do:

Lucic, Horton, Campbell, ST, Chara, McQuaid, Boychuk, Ference.

By the way, the vast majority of players you name strike fear in no one. Colin Greening?Taylor Pyatt? Pitts top 5? Kulemin? Really?

The question was asked what teams were more physical.  I provided teams that are more physical then the B's.  Taking care of themselves means squat.  We all know the Bruins have guys that can throw, but are they as physical?  You are going to call out my list and then put Campbell as a person that can take care of themself? Soupy is a punching bag!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

John Scott strikes fear into nobody unless your an enforcer. Other than fighting, he is a non-factor, doesnt even play enough. In fact, when he's on the ice, the skill players are lining up at the door to go on the ice.  Thats how imposing he is. Steve Ott is physcial, but he's in a race with Greg Campbell to see who can lose the most fights.

Simmonds and Hartnell are good physical players. Rinaldo hits alot, I could see an argument between the bruins and Flyer forwards, but as a team, not even close. Flyer defenseman arent near the Bruins in terms of physical play. Schenn, Grossman can be physical but not near Chara and Seidenberg.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

The question was asked what teams were more physical.  I provided teams that are more physical then the B's.  Taking care of themselves means squat.  We all know the Bruins have guys that can throw, but are they as physical?  You are going to call out my list and then put Campbell as a person that can take care of themself? Soupy is a punching bag!

You provided some meaningless stats and then suggested that some players put more fear into the opposing team, evidently based on the stats you produced. The list you provided in your example to "prove this" were almost laughable in spots (kulemin, Ptts top five etc..).

If you have bothered to go past that stats and judge by actually watching the games then you will have surmised, like any of us disagreeing with you, that they are still one of the most physical teams in the league game in, game out. Sometimes good old fashioned observation can trump statistics....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

You provided some meaningless stats and then suggested that some players put more fear into the opposing team, evidently based on the stats you produced. The list you provided in your example to "prove this" were almost laughable in spots (kulemin, Ptts top five etc..).

If you have bothered to go past that stats and judge by actually watching the games then you will have surmised, like any of us disagreeing with you, that they are still one of the most physical teams in the league game in, game out. Sometimes good old fashioned observation can trump statistics....

[/QUOTE]

Meaningless, not so much.  I watch every game.  I don't see the Bruins forwards especially being more physical than other teams and the meaningless stats that the NHL takes back up my observations.  Kelly 26 hits, Thornton 26 hits, Bourque 24 hits, Campbell 21, Horton 15.  If Lucic goes down to injury, this team has nobody up front that plays physical!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

How does one forward have 46 more hits than the next closest forward?  Puck possession?  I don't want to hear any more excuses.  Lucic hits and imposes his will physically, nobody else up front even comes close.  I don't care if anyone on the 2nd line hits anybody if they continue to play the way they have.  However, Horton, the 3rd & 4th line need to pick up the physical play.  The balance is not there.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Meaningless, not so much.  I watch every game.  I don't see the Bruins forwards especially being more physical than other teams and the meaningless stats that the NHL takes back up my observations.  Kelly 26 hits, Thornton 26 hits, Bourque 24 hits, Campbell 21, Horton 15.  If Lucic goes down to injury, this team has nobody up front that plays physical!

If that were true then you would not be questioning how physical the likes of Campbell and ST are and, in the same breath, attempt to illustrate just how Taylor Pyatt, Nikolai Kuleimin and the Pens top 5 are so physically feared around the league.....

Face it, you looked up on nhl.com some stats on hits, found some names that play to your assertion and ran with it. When was the last time you watched TO, the Rangers, Buffalo, or the Pens actually play?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I would say that non-capitalized scoring chances (both on the PP and when 5v5) and lazy/irresponsible passes in the defensive/neutral zone have been far more detrimental than a lack of physicality.

So if the OP was right (and Im not saying that he is) , he has pointed out item #3 on the list of things that needs to be corrected on a 14-3-2 team.

Im hardly concerned.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Who on the 6 teams you've mentioned "strike fear" into opponents. Please don't tell me it's guys like Cooke and Rinaldo.

You asked for more physical teams.  Rinaldo & Cooke definitely strike fear as they are loose cannons and unpredictable.

Hartnell, Simmonds, Rinaldo, Schenn, all hit more.

Orr, McLaren, JVR, Kulemin, all hit more.

Top 5 of Pitt are Forwards, none necessarily strike fear, except for Cooke, because you never know when he may cheap shot someone, but all more physical then every Bruin forward not named Lucic.

Scott, Kaleta, OttFoligno

Callahan, Boyle, Pyatt, Asham, Nash

Neil, Greening, Smith, Dziurzynski

[/QUOTE]

That's strange. I have absolutely no recollection of asking you that. Anyway, your list looks as if it was made by someone who's never watched any Leafs games at all. Komarov hits far more than anyone on the team and JVR is even softer than Rick Nash.  Speaking of NYR, Asham has 15 hits in 12 games so he's made your list? Well, he's ahead of Gaborik so that's something I guess. John Scott and his 13 hits in 18 games must be scary because he's big huh? Bottom line is that NYR are the most physical group of forwards that I've seen in the East and the Bruins still did just fine in the 3 meetings so far. If anything, I'd say the Bruins manhandled them to open the season considering they spent the better part of 3 periods in the Rangers end.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

How does one forward have 46 more hits than the next closest forward?  Puck possession?  I don't want to hear any more excuses.  Lucic hits and imposes his will physically, nobody else up front even comes close.  I don't care if anyone on the 2nd line hits anybody if they continue to play the way they have.  However, Horton, the 3rd & 4th line need to pick up the physical play.  The balance is not there.  

There's a lot of unbalance to this jibberish you keep proclaiming. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Who on the 6 teams you've mentioned "strike fear" into opponents. Please don't tell me it's guys like Cooke and Rinaldo.

You asked for more physical teams.  Rinaldo & Cooke definitely strike fear as they are loose cannons and unpredictable.

Hartnell, Simmonds, Rinaldo, Schenn, all hit more.

Orr, McLaren, JVR, Kulemin, all hit more.

Top 5 of Pitt are Forwards, none necessarily strike fear, except for Cooke, because you never know when he may cheap shot someone, but all more physical then every Bruin forward not named Lucic.

Scott, Kaleta, OttFoligno

Callahan, Boyle, Pyatt, Asham, Nash

Neil, Greening, Smith, Dziurzynski

That's strange. I have absolutely no recollection of asking you that. Anyway, your list looks as if it was made by someone who's never watched any Leafs games at all. Komarov hits far more than anyone on the team and JVR is even softer than Rick Nash.  Speaking of NYR, Asham has 15 hits in 12 games so he's made your list? Well, he's ahead of Gaborik so that's something I guess. John Scott and his 13 hits in 18 games must be scary because he's big huh? Bottom line is that NYR are the most physical group of forwards that I've seen in the East and the Bruins still did just fine in the 3 meetings so far. If anything, I'd say the Bruins manhandled them to open the season considering they spent the better part of 3 periods in the Rangers end.  

[/QUOTE]

I am so sorry your almighty dez, it was kevlana that posted the original question.  If the guys you mention like JVR and Nash are soft, what does that make all the bruins with fewer hits?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Great comeback.  You have proven what, with what argument?  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

I would say that non-capitalized scoring chances (both on the PP and when 5v5) and lazy/irresponsible passes in the defensive/neutral zone have been far more detrimental than a lack of physicality.

So if the OP was right (and Im not saying that he is) , he has pointed out item #3 on the list of things that needs to be corrected on a 14-3-2 team.

Im hardly concerned.

The Bruins have lost three games in regulation.  Obviously their physicality is enough.  My point continues to be that they are not the BIG BAD BRUINS that they are portayed to be.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

If that were true then you would not be questioning how physical the likes of Campbell and ST are and, in the same breath, attempt to illustrate just how Taylor Pyatt, Nikolai Kuleimin and the Pens top 5 are so physically feared around the league.....

Face it, you looked up on nhl.com some stats on hits, found some names that play to your assertion and ran with it. When was the last time you watched TO, the Rangers, Buffalo, or the Pens actually play?

[/QUOTE]

are so physically feared, interesting, i believe I stated that they were more physical.  Campbell & Shawn have a hard time getting to people in order to be physical.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

What forward on Toronto strikes fear into opposing defenseman? I would say none of those teams are overall more physical than the Bruins.bruins physical play is not limited to Lucic. I don't think Marchand striles fear into opposing players, but he does play physical.Same with Horton,Campbell etc.. Each team has it's share of physical players, but the bruins have the most physical forward in Lucic, and the most physical defenseman in Chara.Also, I'd be willing to bet if you asked a defenseman who has played against all the teams you mentioned (P.K Subban) he'd tell you that the Boston forwards are the most physical.

Yeah, PK was so intimidated that he laid out Marchand again and had 4 other hits to boot.  Emelin & PK are not intimidated by the Bruins forwards at all. 

[/QUOTE]

Where did I say P.K Subban was intimidated?? I said if you asked him which teams forwards were most physical, he'd probably say Boston. Twist your own words, not mine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The Bruins have lost three games in regulation.  Obviously their physicality is enough.  My point continues to be that they are not the BIG BAD BRUINS that they are portayed to be.

Their reputation precedes them. Which is a good thing. Heavy banging can be done occasionally to keep up th e reputation.

A team that bangs night-in and night-out doesn't exist anymore, in today's game, it's too taxing.

On an individual basis, look at Alex Ovechkin. He was banging all the time before. Now he hardly bangs at all. No more shelf life for him - he can't do it anymore.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

What forward on Toronto strikes fear into opposing defenseman? I would say none of those teams are overall more physical than the Bruins.bruins physical play is not limited to Lucic. I don't think Marchand striles fear into opposing players, but he does play physical.Same with Horton,Campbell etc.. Each team has it's share of physical players, but the bruins have the most physical forward in Lucic, and the most physical defenseman in Chara.Also, I'd be willing to bet if you asked a defenseman who has played against all the teams you mentioned (P.K Subban) he'd tell you that the Boston forwards are the most physical.

Yeah, PK was so intimidated that he laid out Marchand again and had 4 other hits to boot.  Emelin & PK are not intimidated by the Bruins forwards at all. 

Where did I say P.K Subban was intimidated?? I said if you asked him which teams forwards were most physical, he'd probably say Boston. Twist your own words, not mine.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm sure pk will say the bruins!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Great comeback.  You have proven what, with what argument?  

I have proven that you're talking nothing but jibberish garbage & pretty much the rest of the forum is agreeing with that assessment with the responses you're getting. Thx for coming out! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Yeah I'm sure pk will say the bruins!

[/QUOTE]

Who do you think he'd say then? And why?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In the nhl nowadays the bruins are about as physical you can be without getting suspension. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Next time you can just title your thread "I'm Making Up A Problem Without Any Basis And I'm Going To Cry If People Don't Agree". That would make much more sense than this train wreck of a thread.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Next time you can just title your thread "I'm Making Up A Problem Without Any Basis And I'm Going To Cry If People Don't Agree". That would make much more sense than this train wreck of a thread.

Who's crying?  You think that your opinion is worth crying about? think again big boy, get off you high horse. I'm not making up any problem , I stated the bruins aren't as bad as they are portrayed, if you think it is a problem , more power to you.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Who's crying?  You think that your opinion is worth crying about? think again big boy, get off you high horse. I'm not making up any problem , I stated the bruins aren't as bad as they are portrayed, if you think it is a problem , more power to you.  

Look at what you've posted on this "thread" and then tell us how you're not crying. I suppose next you're going to tell us Zach Smith is a top 6 forward. Good stuff Tearstain. Really good stuff.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Look at what you've posted on this "thread" and then tell us how you're not crying. I suppose next you're going to tell us Zach Smith is a top 6 forward. Good stuff Tearstain. Really good stuff.

Oh fez your so tough behind a keyboard, and so smart as well.  How do we ever deserve your presence here?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Oh fez your so tough behind a keyboard, and so smart as well.  How do we ever deserve your presence here?

Oh good one. Solid stuff again. Is it even possible to be tough behind a keyboard? I suppose there are things you'd do to me otherwise eh? Oh well, as long as you kept your pants on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Oh no! The Caps forwards have twice as many hits as the Bruins forwards do. What a travesty. The Bruins aren't tough enough and worse yet, they're wins are too boring now........

Sections
Shortcuts