"Not Stiff Enough"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

"Not Stiff Enough"

No no, that's not what I I'm talking about.

In Tort's presser he said his team wasn't stiff enough.  Amonte had never heard a coach refer to his team this way, but he thought it meant they weren't defensive minded enough.

My interpretation was that Torts thought they weren't tough enough, or unwilling to play "in your face" hockey.

What does this mean?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

I took it to mean they were too soft.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re:

Torts is just using his wife's termonology.

They lacked potency.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re:

In response to hangnail's comment:

No no, that's not what I I'm talking about.

In Tort's presser he said his team wasn't stiff enough.  Amonte had never heard a coach refer to his team this way, but he thought it meant they weren't defensive minded enough.

My interpretation was that Torts thought they weren't tough enough, or unwilling to play "in your face" hockey.

What does this mean?

Where did Amonte get this?  Isn't English his first language?  I've never heard a coach say this either, but it clearly doesn't have anything to do with being defensive minded.  I thought he meant not tough enough, but NAS said it better "too soft".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re:

My first impression of that term was the looseness of play in the scoring areas around Lundqvist. 

In the past it was very tight. This year, many more scoring chances that Lundqvist had to handle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

My first impression of that term was the looseness of play in the scoring areas around Lundqvist. 

In the past it was very tight. This year, many more scoring chances that Lundqvist had to handle.

Lots of things start out tight, but when there are too many scoring opportunities and goals, they become very loose.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Lots of things start out tight, but when there are too many scoring opportunities and goals, they become very loose.

The difference between one year and the next. Last year many of those scoring opportunities were just not there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Torts is just using his wife's termonology.

They lacked potency.

The Somerville Vs Concord-Carlisle lovefest coninues LOL

Zing!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re:

Rags just couldn't bone up.

Sections
Shortcuts