not that bad of a hit by meyer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

not that bad of a hit by meyer

i was at the game in suite 612 so i saw it live and saw the replays, meyer's gloves got up in Lucic's chops a little (keep your head up) i think Lucic was a little embarrased more than anything.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/100266

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: not that bad of a hit by meyer

Well, good to know you were in Suite 612.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Not bad at all.  I think they went hemet to helmet a bit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Remember when Lucic got suspended for bringing his end of the stick and gloves into Dirty Lapierre's noggin a few years back and got a one game suspension.. Not much difference here.. Saw it on replay clearly butt end of stick together with gloves targetting the head.. He wasn't embarrassed , he was pissed.. so would I be... and please,  if Lucic would have hit him hard with that one punch Meyer would have been in dreamland. Bit of an overacting job there by Meyer..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I think you,re right "forrings" meyer got his gloves in lucic's face it was more of a punch with both gloves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

In Response to not that bad of a hit by meyer:
    [QUOTE]i was at the game in suite 612 so i saw it live and saw the replays, meyer's gloves got up in Lucic's chops a little (keep your head up) i think Lucic was a little embarrased more than anything. http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/100266
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

Lucic was a bit closer . Close enough in fact to see someone coming at his head.
    Fortunately he got his head back fast enough to avoid getting his teeth knocked out. Meyer should get his dumb as* beat into the ground for pulling that sh*t

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GNPBruins. Show GNPBruins's posts

Ok this is ridiculous!

Anyone remember the sucker punch by Scott Walker on Aaron Ward????

Campbell was the disciplinarian then too.  What did Walker get?  The game winner in game 7.

Why would/should Lucic get anything?

The hypocrasy of Campbell will be evident again if he's punished.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

In Response to Re: not that bad of a hit by meyer:
    [QUOTE]Ok this is ridiculous! Anyone remember the sucker punch by Scott Walker on Aaron Ward???? Campbell was the disciplinarian then too.  What did Walker get?  The game winner in game 7. Why would/should Lucic get anything? The hypocrasy of Campbell will be evident again if he's punished.
    Posted by GNPBruins[/QUOTE]

You're right about Campbell.  He is under the spotlight now for his obvious prejudiced remarks regarding a Bruins player. This could work in the Bruins favor. We'll see

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

I don't think too many people are talking about Meyer's hit being extremely dirty.  It was a cheap hit, with the gloves, butt end of the stick around Looch's face.  Less than 5 minutes left, the game is pretty much decided, and Meyer is trying to get under the Bruins skin a bit.  Well done by him.

So, the hit wasn't that bad, but the response was warranted.  This is how I want the Bruins to respond to hits like that.  Even if it's a borderline hit, this team plays better when it responds.

As long as the Bruins don't initiate the melee, I say "fight away".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i had no problem with the response by the bruins, i wish they did that a lot more, the fact that they never seem to is the most frustrating thing about them to me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to Re: not that bad of a hit by meyer:
    [QUOTE]Well, good to know you were in Suite 612.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

i only mentioned that because after seeing it live i could turn around and see all the replays of it right away

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

"i only mentioned that because after seeing it live i could turn around and see all the replays of it right away"

Are you sure? I mean really - how on earth does sitting above the ice like that give you a good view of the hit? If Suite 612 really provided you a better vantage point, then why did you feel the need to look at the replay on TV.  Was it the combination of seeing live (was I watching a tape delay at home?) and then right away being able to see it on TV offer you the best view? I am intrigued.

I agree with your argument (the hit wasn't THAT bad), but let's call a spade a spade. You sitting in Suite 612 had nothing to do with your point or your ability to see it better than anyone who watched it on TV (live or otherwise).  So why did you put feel the need to put in there?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

yes, the play was right in front of me, and right away i didnt see a high stick or anything it was a high hit but i've seen a lot worse but of course i wanted to see it again (dont we all watch the replays of controversial plays) i could have said any section i happend to be sitting in but thats where i was so if you know the arena you would understand the vantage point i had of the play, thats all.

Sections
Shortcuts