Not the best game by the B's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Not the best game by the B's

Going to OT, but I feel the B's arent playing as good as we know they can. Here's to hoping they can pull it off in OT. Go B's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Not the best game by the B's

Let them finish grif.  I've thought this game has been great.  Pitt's thrown everything they can at the B's and they've survived to this point.   One shot baby.  It's all good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Let them finish grif.  I've thought this game has been great.  Pitt's thrown everything they can at the B's and they've survived to this point.   One shot baby.  It's all good.

Im not throwing in the towel, just hoping they can steal this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

They did!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

You gotta give credit where credit is due, man.  Pitt played an unbelievable game, Voukoun played tremendously, both teams hit several posts, etc.  No team deserved to lose that game, but I'm sure as hell happy that the B's came out on top!  What a game!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

fortunately it was Tuuka Rask's best game. wow !

"the world is full of crashing bores"-Morrissey

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Great thread.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Tuukka is lining himself up for a nice pay day. 

Many people here said that in order for the B's to come out on top this series, Tuukka would have to play the best he's ever played.  He certainly has.  He is an elite goalie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Great thread.

love the sarcasm.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Tuukka is lining himself up for a nice pay day. 

Many people here said that in order for the B's to come out on top this series, Tuukka would have to play the best he's ever played.  He certainly has.  He is an elite goalie.

had my doubts about Rask because of 2010 but no more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

Great thread.

so this is the secret to getting to 15k posts so quickly...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

patience is virtue

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

You gotta give credit where credit is due, man.  Pitt played an unbelievable game, Voukoun played tremendously, both teams hit several posts, etc.  No team deserved to lose that game, but I'm sure as hell happy that the B's came out on top!  What a game!

So true, the Bs seemed to take the game back in overtime to and wasnt easy with playing with 10 forwards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to jerrynewyork's comment:

The year he outplayed the Vezina winner and upset the division winners even though the B's were without their number one center, yeah that was concerning.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Onthe405's comment:

[QUOTE]

Great thread.

so this is the secret to getting to 15k posts so quickly...

[/QUOTE]

Sure.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

The year he outplayed the Vezina winner and upset the division winners even though the B's were without their number one center, yeah that was concerning.

i need a hole to crawl into

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i don't care who was out etc etc,the fact that Rask was part of a collapse did make it concerning. but no more. oh,and last year he got outplayed by some dude named Holtby.

[/QUOTE]

That was TT Jerry.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i don't care who was out etc etc,the fact that Rask was part of a collapse did make it concerning. but no more. oh,and last year he got outplayed by some dude named Holtby.

[/QUOTE]

That was TT Jerry.

[/QUOTE]

woops. do i feel like a dope. ouch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That was TT Jerry.

[/QUOTE]

and to think i was at Game 5 !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That was TT Jerry.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Still, i can understand you're concerns or nervousness but all worry's have been proven unequivocally stifled.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That was TT Jerry.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Still, i can understand you're concerns or nervousness but all worry's have been proven unequivocally stifled.

[/QUOTE]
     i agree with you 100%

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Personally, I feel that it wasn't their best game. Bergeron didn't have his greatest game, even with his OT goal. Seidenberg didn't look like his usual self. Krug had more turnovers than I ever remember him having during these playoffs. There was inconsistency in getting the puck into the Pitt zone. The PP was horrible. And yet they still won.

To me, this speaks to how good this team really is. Even if they don't have their best overall game, they can still win. In fact, not only win, but shut down the (supposedly) best offense in the league.

Last night it was because of Tuukka's stellar play and the defense clearing out second chances (which I think was an underrated part of last nights performance). They really only need a few elements of their team clicking at any given time to steal a game. That is the beauty of this team. Their depth allows them to cover a lot of holes that more top heavy teams like Pitt have. And when the entire team is clicking, you see performances like game 2 against Pitt.

This team may still has its flaws that we complain about from time to time, but you can't deny that it is one heck of a team to watch night after night. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

and think about this,Pitt was 0-6 on the PP and 0-12 overall.

"the world is full of crashing bores"-Morrissey

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Great thread.

I came in here to ensure that Papa Bear would be relentless in his mission to get rid of the negativity.

Keep it going, NAS!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I by no means was being negative about the B's play, just stating a fact about the first 3 periods. The OT was in fact a different story and explained well by "thathockeyguy".

I'll admit I bi tched Seidenberg out the most for his play. He was just awful. Ive never seen him play so bad. It was very stressful seeing the B's play so undisciplined and give the pens so many PP's.

I probably woke up the patrons staying the the hotel rooms next to me. When Bergy scored I was clapping real loud, forgetting that it was 12:30 in the morning. LOL. Made for a long tired day at work, but it was well worth it.

Sections
Shortcuts