Not the Same Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Not the Same Marchand

first let me state that I love Marchand's play.  I love his agressiveness, and the edge he brings to the game.  However, this series he reminds me more of last years Habs team.  He is not hitting or agitating...he is flat out diving.

Could he be hurt?  Is he afraid of getting suspended? Or, is this his "new" style?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Not the Same Marchand

He was the best player on the ice in game 5. We wouldn't be having this discussion had TT not let us down in that one. Instead we'd be talking about round 2. Oh well, both players have shown they step up their games in game 7's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

He's 5'9 and 183 lbs. Very undersized compared to your average NHLer. He doesn't dive, he gets knocked around.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand:
    [QUOTE]He's 5'9 and 183 lbs. Very undersized compared to your average NHLer. He doesn't dive, he gets knocked around.
    Posted by RawrBear[/QUOTE]

He was the same size last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand : He was the same size last year.
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

He wasn't diving then either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand : He wasn't diving then either.
    Posted by RawrBear[/QUOTE]

take off your bruins colored glasses...he has dived quite a bit this series.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Marchand was trying to help the team with a timely penalty being called the other way -- but he has to realize the refs have his picture on a WANTED poster inside their locker room.  Unless blood squirts out of his eye, he will never get a call his way.  Period. 

I'm sure Julien and the coaches will have a "sit down" with #63 tonight on the plane ride home.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand : take off your bruins colored glasses...he has dived quite a bit this series.
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]
    Are you referring to the incident that Alzner apologized for, the one Chimera gave him a bloody lip, or some other time? If it's quite a bit then I'm really confused.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand : take off your bruins colored glasses...he has dived quite a bit this series.
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

I don't own any glasses.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

then maybe time to buy a pair...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9cp2CuCVY

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Marchand got his butt kicked today.  There is no doubt about that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

[QUOTE]then maybe time to buy a pair... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9cp2CuCVY
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

badum tssssh

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]then maybe time to buy a pair... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9cp2CuCVY
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]
    That replay is no different than all of them that show Chimera made contact. The only difference being that video was made by a Caps fan that chose to label it a dive. I can put a video of an apple on Youtube and call it an orange. That doesn't make it so.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He was very good in gm 5 and I thought he was good today but he doesn't seem to be hanging on to the puck and cycling it the way he normally does.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand : That replay is no different than all of them that show Chimera made contact. The only difference being that video was made by a Caps fan that chose to label it a dive. I can put a video of an apple on Youtube and call it an orange. That doesn't make it so.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

So I guess that because a Caps fan posted it, they somehow changed the content.  I only used that video because I haven't figured how to upload things from my dvr to this message board....

Dez, your posts are usually well thought out and intelligent, but that was a dive...unless you chose to ignore the obvious.  the only thing that made contact with Marchand was the end of his own stick when he went down.

I for one, miss the Marchand of late....this new version is embarasing.  If he had actually lowered his sholder and hit chimra in the open ice, it would have been clean and chimra would not have scored.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand : So I guess that because a Caps fan posted it, they somehow changed the content.  I only used that video because I haven't figured how to upload things from my dvr to this message board.... Dez, your posts are usually well thought out and intelligent, but that was a dive...unless you chose to ignore the obvious.  the only thing that made contact with Marchand was the end of his own stick when he went down. I for one, miss the Marchand of late....this new version is embarasing.  If he had actually lowered his sholder and hit chimra in the open ice, it would have been clean and chimra would not have scored.
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]
    I have no idea how we can look at the same video yet you don't see their shoulders collide. I've seen the replay countless times on multiple networks and have yet to hear anyone (outside of this forum) call the play a dive by Marchand. Most analysts feel it was a missed call. I agree with them and the title of a video on Youtube won't change my mind. That last statement is really baffling as Marchand would've been called for interference if he'd done that. Hinting that the goal was his fault in any way is weak. Seidenberg broke his skate. That's what led to that goal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

[QUOTE]He was the best player on the ice in game 5. We wouldn't be having this discussion had TT not let us down in that one. Instead we'd be talking about round 2. Oh well, both players have shown they step up their games in game 7's.

Wow, this is quite the fanboy post.  Thomas lets in a few bad goals and he "let us down" and is the reason we aren't talking about round two?  Maybe if any top forwards besides Peverley show up in the first 5 games, Thomas is allowed an off period.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand : Wow, this is quite the fanboy post.  Thomas lets in a few bad goals and he "let us down" and is the reason we aren't talking about round two?  Maybe if any top forwards besides Peverley show up in the first 5 games, Thomas is allowed an off period.
    Posted by BSXIII[/QUOTE]
    You know the series would be over had they won game 5 right? I assume you know how math works. Speaking of "fanboys", you're giving your favourite player a pass after crapping the bed. That's the call of the fanboy. Me saying the series would be over had Boston won game 5 is reality. Peverley stunk the first 3 games. So did Marchand, DK and Lucic. TT stunk in game 5. What the hell's your point?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand : I have no idea how we can look at the same video yet you don't see their shoulders collide. I've seen the replay countless times on multiple networks and have yet to hear anyone (outside of this forum) call the play a dive by Marchand. Most analysts feel it was a missed call. I agree with them and the title of a video on Youtube won't change my mind. That last statement is really baffling as Marchand would've been called for interference if he'd done that. Hinting that the goal was his fault in any way is weak. Seidenberg broke his skate. That's what led to that goal.
    How about one that belongs to the league!? NHL dot com!
    There was contact between Chimera and Boston forward Brad Marchand in the Washington zone, but the replay showed Marchand embellished it and ended up getting clipped by his own stick in the process. He stayed on the ice, while Chimera continued moving right-to-left before swooping toward Thomas on the left wing.
    You really need to get over it & start admitting Marchand doesn't play Bruin hockey a lot of the time!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand : How about one that belongs to the league!? NHL dot com! There was contact between Chimera and Boston forward Brad Marchand in the Washington zone, but the replay showed Marchand embellished it and ended up getting clipped by his own stick in the process. He stayed on the ice, while Chimera continued moving right-to-left before swooping toward Thomas on the left wing. You really need to get over it & start admitting Marchand doesn't play Bruin hockey a lot of the time!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    You need to spit that out of your mouth. Too much TT is making you crazy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce2h5tlUbAM

The contact at the 32 second mark is indisputeable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand : How about one that belongs to the league!? NHL dot com! There was contact between Chimera and Boston forward Brad Marchand in the Washington zone, but the replay showed Marchand embellished it and ended up getting clipped by his own stick in the process. He stayed on the ice, while Chimera continued moving right-to-left before swooping toward Thomas on the left wing. You really need to get over it & start admitting Marchand doesn't play Bruin hockey a lot of the time!

Because the league never protects the refs they employ.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

At least I can admit when TT does something wrong Dez! You should try it sometime when it comes Marchand!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]At least I can admit when TT does something wrong Dez! You should try it sometime when it comes Marchand!
    Nite, you obviously don't understand what other people write. Marchand has got no free pass from me in these playoffs. Read what others say before replying or just go pound sand. Either/both works for me. Anybody calling me childish on here lately? I notice you get that alot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Nites stop with the Bruins hockey stuff....  then we can say Seguin is not a real Bruin because he hardly hits ....  ?!?
    I agree at times he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt when he goes down and that's all about reputation over embellishment.

Marchand doesn't have the open ice he's used to with this Cap D and his speed is not enough. He's gotten some pretty good shots but Holtby stayed the course and made some nice saves. 
    He'll come around ,I'm sure.

Sections
Shortcuts