Not the Same Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Not the Same Marchand

In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand:
    [QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce2h5tlUbAM The contact at the 32 second mark is indisputeable.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Yes it is very disputeable! Looks to me like he turned & Jason grazed him at best! Also, didn't you these words?"I can put a video of an apple on Youtube and call it an orange. That doesn't make it so."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand : You know the series would be over had they won game 5 right? I assume you know how math works. Speaking of "fanboys", you're giving your favourite player a pass after crapping the bed. That's the call of the fanboy. Me saying the series would be over had Boston won game 5 is reality. Peverley stunk the first 3 games. So did Marchand, DK and Lucic. TT stunk in game 5. What the hell's your point?

No, had the Bruins won game 5, they would have a chance to eliminate the Capitals today.  Maybe Washinton has a different approach without a game to give.  No telling whether or not the game plays out the same way.

And no, I'm not giving Thomas a pass for game 5.  Just stating that it's ridiculous to say the series would be over because he had a bad game, when others have had multiple bad ones, including Marchand, who had (arguably) one good game this series.

As someone who's read more than a handful of threads here, I know you have some childish battles going on with other posters here (skating clowns, savard, ex-goalies) and that you try to bait each other.  I've agreed with you on a lot of the posts, but you've made some pretty ridiculous statements as well lately.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand : Yes it is very disputeable! Looks to me like he turned & Jason grazed him at best! Also, didn't you these words? "I can put a video of an apple on Youtube and call it an orange. That doesn't make it so."
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    What's your point? One video is titled "dive by Marchand". The other is called "Chimera hit on Marchand". It's the same footage. That was my point. What if anything, is yours?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Nites stop with the Bruins hockey stuff....  then we can say Seguin is not a rel Bruin he doesn't hit ....  I agree at times he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt when he goes down and that's all about reputation over embellishment. Marchand doesn't have the open ice he's used to with this Cap D and his speed is not enough. He's gotten some pretty good shots but Holtby stayed the course and made some nice saves.  He'll come around ,I'm sure.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Rick Middleton didn't a lot either! Seguin doesn't hit & Middleton didn't, but they also don't & didn't DIVE! It's time to take the blinders off! Marchand isn't effective, so he's resorting to Canuck tactics! Simple as that! We all hate the players & teams that have divers on them! Why doesn't it bother most of us when the little punk does it! And he's been doing it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand : No, had the Bruins won game 5, they would have a chance to eliminate the Capitals today.  Maybe Washinton has a different approach without a game to give.  No telling whether or not the game plays out the same way. And no, I'm not giving Thomas a pass for game 5.  Just stating that it's ridiculous to say the series would be over because he had a bad game, when others have had multiple bad ones, including Marchand, who had (arguably) one good game this series. As someone who's read more than a handful of threads here, I know you have some childish battles going on with other posters here (skating clowns, savard, ex-goalies) and that you try to bait each other.  I've agreed with you on a lot of the posts, but you've made some pretty ridiculous statements as well lately.
    Posted by BSXIII[/QUOTE]
    Logical debate is what drives this forum. This won't be the last time you and I disagree. Fair or not, the goalie needs to be held to a higher standard than the other players. That's just the way it is. Cheers! GO BRUINS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand : What's your point? One video is titled "dive by Marchand". The other is called "Chimera hit on Marchand". It's the same footage. That was my point. What if anything, is yours?
    Show me where you criticized Marchand EVER on this forum! Besides where you said he was a bad rapper! Show me Mouth Piece! You've been the one playing the childish games here bro! Who's the one that resorted to the insults & personal attacks! You started this in a thread that I wasn't even talking to you! I was talking to NAS, but you jumped in! So don't whine to me about anything! It's not my fault you got your head so far up ur own behind that you can't see anyone elses point of view.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand : Show me where you criticized Marchand EVER on this forum! Besides where you said he was a bad rapper! Show me Mouth Piece! You've been the one playing the childish games here bro! Who's the one that resorted to the insults & personal attacks! You started this in a thread that I wasn't even talking to you! I was talking to NAS, but you jumped in! So don't whine to me about anything! It's not my fault you got your head so far up ur own behind that you can't see anyone elses point of view.
    Nite, I can't be bothered to do your research for you mainly because I don't care what you think. If you want to match wits then you can't expect me to number and colour code them for you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think the league crackdown and inconsistency has made this a very tough environment to play in... more so for the physical teams. Players don't know how far is too far.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand : How about one that belongs to the league!? NHL dot com! There was contact between Chimera and Boston forward Brad Marchand in the Washington zone, but the replay showed Marchand embellished it and ended up getting clipped by his own stick in the process. He stayed on the ice, while Chimera continued moving right-to-left before swooping toward Thomas on the left wing. You really need to get over it & start admitting Marchand doesn't play Bruin hockey a lot of the time!
    Here's another story by the "reputeable writer" you've chosen to hitch your wagon to........hilarious.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=626619

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

EZ guys...we all root for the same team.  I think we can all agree that we hate teams that dive and embelish.  Because of that I hate it most when our team does it.  

Marchand has too much skill and is great at getting under players skin...so why not let him.  We can beat this team with skill and grit.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Fellas,

Everyone should know that if you say something derogatory about Brad Marchand, Dez will be at your doorstep with a shotgun.  Be your statements true or false, right or wrong, fair or unfair, it matters not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I guess Marchand was able to sneak some blood into his mouth when nobody was looking. Give me a break with the whole high and mighty crapp. Marchand has embellished a few hits, but a least he's doing anything he can to win. I've seen another well known Bruins star forward abandon the puck along the boards beacuse he's afraid. I give the guy who's competing his guts out some slack, especially if he's already proven himself in the post season, and even more so if that performance led to the Cup coming to Boston for the 1st time in 40 yrs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

[QUOTE]I guess Marchand was able to sneak some blood into his mouth when nobody was looking. Give me a break with the whole high and mighty crapp. Marchand has embellished a few hits, but a least he's doing anything he can to win. I've seen another well known Bruins star forward abandon the puck along the boards beacuse he's afraid. I give the guy who's competing his guts out some slack, especially if he's already proven himself in the post season, and even more so if that performance led to the Cup coming to Boston for the 1st time in 40 yrs.

Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

"He bit his tongue"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not the Same Marchand : "He bit his tongue"
    Posted by RawrBear[/QUOTE]

No, as I pointed out in the other thread, his own stick hit him in the mouth.  I'm not a pro hockey player and I've gotten up faster from bigger wallops.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

IMO, that was a complete dive by Marchand.
    I can only hope Neely has a heart to heart with him asap.
    Also, a couple of posters like to keep bringing up TT's being the cause of losing game 5, and perhaps the entire series, based on 2 weak goals.
    I notice they never talk about the games he has been a big reason, for them winning.
    Some things never change.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Really, I think this is both/and not either/or.

I don't think Marchand is out there diving like a Subban or Carcillo; I think he's selling calls on minor contacts he has often fought through to make plays.  Washington likes to run picks at their blueline to help the D shake a forechecker.  Marchand has had some spectacular cartwheels when hit in that situation.  There should be an interference penalty; I'm convinced he'll never get that call because they don't trust his reaction.  That's why he needs to cut the K-rap. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Really, I think this is both/and not either/or. I don't think Marchand is out there diving like a Subban or Carcillo; I think he's selling calls on minor contacts he has often fought through to make plays.  Washington likes to run picks at their blueline to help the D shake a forechecker.  Marchand has had some spectacular cartwheels when hit in that situation.   There  should be an interference penalty; I'm convinced he'll never get that call because they don't trust his reaction.  That's why he needs to cut the K-rap. 
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

That's exactly my view.  Marchand will have to fight through this as if he'll never get these calls called on him ever. He might be the victim of his own success.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Not the Same Marchand:
    [QUOTE]first let me state that I love Marchand's play.  I love his agressiveness, and the edge he brings to the game.  However, this series he reminds me more of last years Habs team.  He is not hitting or agitating...he is flat out diving. Could he be hurt?  Is he afraid of getting suspended? Or, is this his "new" style?  
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

Marchand is there when it counts..watch him tomorrow in game 7 I would be surprised if he would get the 1st Star ...(just another prediction)

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I meant...I wouldnt be surprised

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmcd. Show rmcd's posts

Perhaps the reasonable mid point is that: yes an interference penalty could certainly have been called and probably should have been.  Marchand did not dive, he got spun around by his stick and probably bit his tounge when he crashed hard and akwardly to the ice.

Its what he does afterwards that some B's fans (myself included) have a problem with. He lies on the ice making sure the refs get a good long look at him instead of trying to hustle back to the play. It doesn't matter that the Caps scored quickly and Marchand could have done nothing about it. His first responsibility is to man up and get back into the play asap. Then to continually stickout his bleeding tounge as proof of ...? (Contrast that to Chara waving away the trainer as the blood is running down his nose, or Peverely standing his ground after the cross check to his face)

That said, I love the way he plays. He's one of my favorites for sure.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

People really need to learn the difference between a dive and embellishing. Marchand was embellishing but it wasn't a dive. He would have actually needed to see Chimera for it to be a dive.

And why does it matter that his own stick hit him? Do you people actually think he intentionally hit himself in the face? Or is it that hard to believe that Chimera actually caused it and it's not all Marchand's fault.

Interference should have been called IMO, a lot of you don't think so. Who cares, you're arguing about opinions.  

Some of you hate Marchand and think he's not playing well when the fact is the Capitals are much larger than the teams we faced last year. The guy is 5-9 at best, he's not going to be able to create the room he was last year with a big Caps team and them clogging the neutral zone.

All of you get over it, game 7 is tomorrow. 

Chara embellished when he got elbowed in the head, is he a diver too?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Bergeron's take on the "diving".....

“I don’t have anything to say with it to be honest with you,” Patrice Bergeron said. “I didn’t see him dive, but [Brad Marchand] plays the game hard, plays the game with a lot of pride. Last year [Marchand’s play] was a huge reason why we went all the way.  I’m very happy to have him on my side.”

I'm happy he's on your side too Patrice.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

And a little more support from Haggs.....

A couple things in Marchand’s defense on the “diving” plays in question: Alzner approached Marchand apologize for nearly taking him out with a head shot that even the Washington defenseman admitted he felt badly about in Game 3, and Marchand was spitting blood immediately after the collision with Chimera that led to Washington’s goal in Game 6.

So perhaps that whole Marchand diving thing isn’t quite as black-and-white as some Capitals pom-poms would have one believe.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]And a little more support from Haggs..... A couple things in Marchand’s defense on the “diving” plays in question: Alzner approached Marchand apologize for nearly taking him out with a head shot that even the Washington defenseman admitted he felt badly about in Game 3, and Marchand was spitting blood immediately after the collision with Chimera that led to Washington’s goal in Game 6. So perhaps that whole Marchand diving thing isn’t quite as black-and-white as some Capitals pom-poms would have one believe.

Yeah but the blood he was spitting was a result of being hit with his own stick.  Apparently, being hit with your own stick doesn't hurt even if you bleed.

Sections
Shortcuts