NOT the Vancouver Game, NOT the WH snub...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

NOT the Vancouver Game, NOT the WH snub...

OK, I didn't get much of a response in the Game Review article comments so I thought I'd try this.
    ==================================================================
    I don't think the WH visit helped team morale, but it is not responsible for this debacle. They look just plain worn out.

I was wondering 'how can this be if they had played (generally) less games than most teams to this point?'

I took a quick look at the schedule and results to double-check W/L and to the end of January, they were 29W 16L with a schedule that granted them a few days off here and there and a couple of 4-5 day layoffs. Plenty of time to rest and go over some issues during practices.

Even when the Caps beat us (5-3) after the WH visit, we had a full week off until we played the Sens and won that one 4-3.

Then February came along with a tighter schedule(13 games in 29 days) and lose 8 of 13. Games are almost every other day.

In March, the schedule is worse. 17 games in 31 days.
    Not much time to rest, practice or review/preview game tapes.

Throw in a few serious injuries and new players...well....

We are currently 3W 5L in March, playing at a rate of every other day....

This reinforced my notion that it has more to do with scheduling and injuries rather than the VAN game or the WH non-incident.

IMHO.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: NOT the Vancouver Game, NOT the WH snub...

It is definitely injuries and schedule. The Seguin line has been seeing more than 20 minutes in games... that never happens in the regular season with Claude. They need some bodies and some days off to recharge.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Good post Davinator.

Nobody on the team gives a ratsass about TT's politics. At least not to the point where it would effect their play. Joe Corvo has sucked because he's a hard core liberal and everytime he gets the puck he's seething over Timmy's tea party stance and distracted to the point that he coughs the puck up. I don't think so.

The Vancouver game was a single regular season game. Win or lose that game and the rest of the season is uneffected other than the 2 points that were on the table and the Marchand suspension. They lost a poorly officiated game in early january so now the team can't focus and has been looking tired, apparently because nobody can sleep after losing to the nucks, who they very recently beat the crap out of and dominated to win the cup. Right.

Such arguments are for the morons who also believe that aliens built the great pyramids, the world will end in 2012 and that GW Bush blew up the World Trade Centers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Fatigue is definitely the issue here - team wide.

Tim's Bruin team mates (all non-Americans) probably don't give a cr@p about the politics of TT.

I also think that aside from the week after the WH thingy and PC 'talking' to TT about venting his political views in public, Thomas has been quiet that way. True?

Nope, tough schedule mixed with key injuries.

It doesn't get any better either. After we play the Leafs we have 2 whole days off...after that we play every other day the rest of the way. (We also have two back-to-back games).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

i blame Sestito. Been a spiral down since horton's concussion (good call shanny).

Aliens didnt build the pyramids....but they might've helped.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

In Response to Re: NOT the Vancouver Game, NOT the WH snub...:
    [QUOTE]i blame Sestito. Been a spiral down since horton's concussion (good call shanny). Aliens didnt build the pyramids....but they might've helped.
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

No excuse for how they have been playing but +1 anyways!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: NOT the Vancouver Game, NOT the WH snub...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NOT the Vancouver Game, NOT the WH snub... : No excuse for how they have been playing but +1 anyways!
    Posted by IShawnPI[/QUOTE]
    Horton had 17 goals (30G pace) and was just starting to heat up. Peverley filled in admirably (until his injury) but that only weakened the 3rd line and the team's overall depth. It's ironic that depth won the Cup last year yet it's the thing that's killing them right now. Their 4 line depth can hang with anyone when they're healthy but their organizational depth can't overcome when they're not. Bottom line is they need at least 1 of those guys to return if they want to compete for anything moving forward.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

@dez - RE-team depth...yep, when you start promoting guys from their previous lines to fill in for injured guys, and then someone else gets hurt and lines get juggled even more, CJ can only adjust so much. Then the B's have to play before they can settle in to new lineups and on and on.

It can snowball so quickly! ! ! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

good post... defense first team no longer playing defense first and generally fumbling on the basics of passing and stick-handling makes every night an adventure!

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts