Not to Complain About the Scheduling, but.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Not to Complain About the Scheduling, but.......

Does else anyone find it odd that 6 games in and the B's have yet to play a game within the division yet managed to play the Rangers twice and even playing a monday afternoon game against Winnipeg?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Re: Not to Complain About the Scheduling, but.......

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Does else anyone find it odd that 6 games in and the B's have yet to play a game within the division yet managed to play the Rangers twice and even taking a trip to Winnipeg for a wednesday afternoon game?

Wednesday afternoon game in the Peg?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Does else anyone find it odd that 6 games in and the B's have yet to play a game within the division yet managed to play the Rangers twice and even taking a trip to Winnipeg for a wednesday afternoon game?

Wednesday afternoon game in the Peg?

monday afternoon game in boston against the Jets....whoops. Too much coffee this afternoon. Fixed. The point of my rant still stands though....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think it's one of those things where it just depends on what's going on in what building on what date. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

They compiled this schedule with limited time around the NBA schedule, concerts, events, etc. so I'm not surprised that there are some oddities. I don't think this is too big a deal though. At least there is hockey.

Chicago had to play 10 of 12 on the road to start the season (yet are 6-0 so far) - though I'm sure the arena in Chicago has something going on just about every night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

They compiled this schedule with limited time around the NBA schedule, concerts, events, etc. so I'm not surprised that there are some oddities. I don't think this is too big a deal though. At least there is hockey.

Chicago had to play 10 of 12 on the road to start the season (yet are 6-0 so far) - though I'm sure the arena in Chicago has something going on just about every night.

youch!!! Obviously it is not affecting them that much.

I guess I would much rather watch the B's play the Habs or TO or even Buffalo over the Jets (sorry Red) or NJ. i could care less about those teams. Its been more months than I care to remember since I saw a good game against a real rival.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Just means that many more divisional games at the end. I'm fine with it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

No worries jm, if I had my way they wouldn't be playing a single game against the Bruins this year. At least Boston gets to play their rivals this year - not one game against Van, Calgary, Edmonton or Minnesota this year for the Peg.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to red75's comment:

No worries jm, if I had my way they wouldn't be playing a single game against the Bruins this year. At least Boston gets to play their rivals this year - not one game against Van, Calgary, Edmonton or Minnesota this year for the Peg.

In truth I would also much rather see the Jets play their old Smythe division rivals. It's crazy how screwed this schedule is for many teams which gets back to my original rant....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

In truth I would also much rather see the Jets play their old Smythe division rivals. It's crazy how screwed this schedule is for many teams which gets back to my original rant....

Me too, the Flames and Canucks haven't even played one game in the Peg since the Jets came back.

But like kel said, the Bruins have a lot of division games towards the end of the season, which could make it more exciting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Like we have not waited long enough.....lol.

Thanks Red.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Minnesota are not Thrashers rivals.  Rivalries are created by repeated games versus each other and some blood.  I don't believe any of that exists between the guys on the Jets and the other teams mentioned.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Does else anyone find it odd that 6 games in and the B's have yet to play a game within the division yet managed to play the Rangers twice and even playing a monday afternoon game against Winnipeg?

Is there some hidden conspiracy theory here that I can't see?  What's odd about it?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Is there some hidden conspiracy theory here that I can't see?  What's odd about it?

Translation: horrible scheduling by the NHL and, as Red points out, it seems to be endemic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Minnesota are not Thrashers rivals.  Rivalries are created by repeated games versus each other and some blood.  I don't believe any of that exists between the guys on the Jets and the other teams mentioned.

Yes, but the fans (you know, the ones who fill the rink and fork over the cash) want to see it which is important. Winnipegers have been waiting for over a decade in some cases to watch their team play an old rival.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

And if the standings are tight leading down to the finish line then that much added emphasis is placed on each game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

And if the standings are tight leading down to the finish line then that much added emphasis is placed on each game.

Their last 4 games are outside the division as well. Just sayin.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Red just to let you know that if u go into your profile you'll see a private message that I sent you earlier today

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Red still has the "hate" for the NHL scheduling not having Winnipeg in the Western confernce.  As for the scheduling, look at February. Not bad. More at home than away.  Not a bad thing to have away games in the beginning of the schedule is my point.  Building a team away is my focus.  The home games in February seems a positive.  

Sections
Shortcuts