Not world ending

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not world ending

So they drop two in a row aganist Detroit and all we can read about is how they are not an elite team because of this, and that they can't skate with the elite teams.

Philly:  2-1

Tampa:  2-1

Pitt:  2-1

The Cup doesn't reside in Detroit.  It's not like the Dawson City Seven vs. The Ottawa Silver Seven here.

A couple of losses against one team doesn't mean they just aren't good enough.

(Other things do, but this does not.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Not world ending

I agree the world is not ending but the games did expose some holes that need to be filled. I think you can agree with that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Rask gave them NO chance on Friday night. And the 2nd game was at least competitive. But no finish. Didn't Bertuzzi score 4 this weekend? and Bruins scored 3 in 2 games....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Not world ending:
    [QUOTE]So they drop two in a row aganist Detroit and all we can read about is how they are not an elite team because of this, and that they can't skate with the elite teams. Philly:  2-1 Tampa:  2-1 Pitt:  2-1 The Cup doesn't reside in Detroit.  It's not like the Dawson City Seven vs. The Ottawa Silver Seven here. A couple of losses against one team doesn't mean they just aren't good enough. (Other things do, but this does not.)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Yah, they are playing the Caps, Pens, Tampa and Flyers well.  And people are claiming that the playoffs are a different story, but no.  Look at last year.  They could not handle those teams at all last year and this year they can.

The reality is they can get out of the east.  It is quite possible.  They've proven they can handle the teams in the east.

But they didn't have an answer for Detroit.

And I'm OK with that.  If it plays out that way and they make it to the Stanley Cup finals and lose, that wouldn't be half bad - and to steal a phrase, it sure wouldn't be the end of the world.  Especially in light of the fact that they will get better over the next couple of years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Man though, aside from who is better, aren't you glad you're not a Detroit fan right now?  The two most boring games I've watched all year.  Detroit plays that slow puck possesion offense, trapping defense, never gambles, never fights, limited forecheck, etc. etc.

I'm not saying it isn't smart, or effective for that matter.  But it sure is a dull brand of hockey.  I can't imagine buying season tickets to watch that style night in and night out.  I'd rather watch Edmonton run and gun and lose every game 6-3.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I've watched many a Bruin team. I actually like a lot of these guys. I think there is a lot of talent. There is something missing though. Don't know what. But I see this club making perhaps to the second round the way they are now. I hope for the cup, as always. I will cheer like hell. I will hope all the Canadiean players come down with the clap, but, a tweak here or there might go a long way. And then. The final season comes and who is healthy and who is hot going in, with great goalies (Bruins) and who knows. But so doom and gloom now is nonsense. Just a tweak here or there will do ! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

The posters here are correct, it is not the end of the world to lose these two games to the Wings, but the concerning part is we can't beat the teams from the West. If by some chance we make it out of the East we will have to play the West in the finals and will have to beat the Wings, Sharks, Canacks ect.. and have to see what need to be competitive against them and get those types of players.
    The other concern is the 16 goals we have let be scored on us in the past three games and wonder where our D has gone and goaltening has also slipped. I hope these things can be fixed and we can start winning again.
    We still have the Flames, Oilers, and Canucks in the West we can beat, the Canucks being our best test. Maybe it would be a good idea to get a Penner or a good D from the West that could help us better understand how to beat them because they have seen these teams more than we have and we need all the help we can get to beat them.
    PC will make a move but I hope he thinks it though before he pulls the trigger.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Not world ending:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Not world ending : most intelligent thing i've seen on this board since friday
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

I agree. I hate coming on this board after a loss because it seems like every time they lose the apocalypse is nigh in the eyes of many posters here.

That is simply not the case.

And NAS it was the Dawson City Nuggets, but I get your point (despite your erroneous facts which you have called many other posters out on) and I concur with your overall argument.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And I completely disagree. Why do we have to play their game to win? If the Bruins play their game, like they did against the Habs and Stars,they win those games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

[QUOTE]In the game thread on the bruins blog, "doninsac" made an excellent, lucid, well-explained analysis of what ails this team.  I think he nailed it.  We need major personnel changes, not a minor addition here. Re-printed below: The Bruins (still) can't skate with a skilled, mobile team like Detroit. Even if they had wanted to try the beatdown routine on Friday night and today, one can't hit what one can't catch. Today, the B's were torched in transition through the neutral zone, had no answers for Bertuzzi in their end from the faceoff circles in, and as is the norm too much of the time, took too long to break out of their zone. They still get hemmed in for far too long far too often by an aggressive forecheck; that's been their fatal flaw in their last two playoff years. Meanwhile, how many odd-man rushes did they give up today? I counted at least two 2-on-1's and a 3-on-1, not to mention the bonehead-type gift that Marchand gave to Bertuzzi in the first period. Thomas has been great, but a goalie can only do so much, especially a tired goalie. No way that these Bruins, as currently constituted, are going to beat a much-better-than-average opponent four times in a best-of-seven series. Looks like another one-or-two-and-done, come this spring, unless something about this team's makeup changes radically.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

You are right, he nailed it!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Rask gave them NO chance on Friday night. And the 2nd game was at least competitive. But no finish. Didn't Bertuzzi score 4 this weekend? and Bruins scored 3 in 2 games....
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]
    TT wasn't exactly stellar either.Not saying he played poorly but it wasn't the TT we've grown used to seeing this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

RIGHT, Its not world ending but a good test. We played much better yesterday compared to Friday night. I hope it a wake up call to Neely and PC up in the booth. That the kind of team that win and has been winning championships if not always in the hunt.

Next few games ahead should be Wins. Maple, NYI, Sens. Should all be wins. Any how trade deadline is coming close. I just think they need to do something, not sure what but something. Be smart about it. A change is good, might be the push we need.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Grammar police here. Shouldnt it be World Not Ending?

Anyways these games were great at exposing the Bruins biggest weaknesses. Softness around there own net, Bertuzzi and Holmstrom owned that part of the ice.

Also, puck posession teams like Detroit who have some Speed and Size, give the bruins real problems. Detroit can execute execute execute, while the Bruins were chasing them around. Thats when the team needs a coaching adjustment clearly the "plan" wasnt working, and Clode failed to change anything.

You cant chase around a team like detroit looking to beat them up you have take the puck away from them, and keep it away from them. The game really exposed the weakness in the transition game from the D. Siedenberg, Ference, MCQ, Stuart none of them were able to take a puck and move the play up ice.

Get a topflite PMD, and a gritty hardworking forward leader like Holmstrom, Franzen and this team has a much better chance to win the cup this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

This seemed like a typical series that people would lambaste the Bruins for not being skilled enough.  I know you are not as bad as you look when you lose, but Detriot proved they are as good as they are when they win.  They controled the play, had easy breakouts and they're not goaded into the fights and scrums.  It seems the Bruins can't get that middle ground of physicality, its either 4 fights in 5 mins or zero body checks and forechecking presence.  There has to be a middle ground which is the way you play in playoff hockey: physical, emotionally involved and composed.  The Bruins have to play this way because they aren't skilled enough to keep up with the Red Wings.  They played down to their competition instead of bringing what they do best to the table and not caring who their competition is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

They need a pure goal scorer, someone who can score at will.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to Not world ending:
    [QUOTE]So they drop two in a row aganist Detroit and all we can read about is how they are not an elite team because of this, and that they can't skate with the elite teams. Philly:  2-1 Tampa:  2-1 Pitt:  2-1 The Cup doesn't reside in Detroit.  It's not like the Dawson City Seven vs. The Ottawa Silver Seven here. A couple of losses against one team doesn't mean they just aren't good enough. (Other things do, but this does not.)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

such a losers mentality

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Not world ending : Yah, they are playing the Caps, Pens, Tampa and Flyers well.  And people are claiming that the playoffs are a different story, but no.  Look at last year.  They could not handle those teams at all last year and this year they can. The reality is they can get out of the east.  It is quite possible.  They've proven they can handle the teams in the east. But they didn't have an answer for Detroit. And I'm OK with that.  If it plays out that way and they make it to the Stanley Cup finals and lose, that wouldn't be half bad - and to steal a phrase, it sure wouldn't be the end of the world.  Especially in light of the fact that they will get better over the next couple of years.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    so just "get the Cup" is enough for you??
    Think that's the mentality of the Pats, Celts, and Sox??? Another LOSERS mentality that permeates throughout this board from the die-hards

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

[QUOTE]Man though, aside from who is better, aren't you glad you're not a Detroit fan right now?  The two most boring games I've watched all year.  Detroit plays that slow puck possesion offense, trapping defense, never gambles, never fights, limited forecheck, etc. etc. I'm not saying it isn't smart, or effective for that matter.  But it sure is a dull brand of hockey.  I can't imagine buying season tickets to watch that style night in and night out.  I'd rather watch Edmonton run and gun and lose every game 6-3.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Did you just say you would not want to be a detroit fan?? Yeah, I guess you are so used to winning championships following the Bruins that rooting for the Red Wings would be a step down....PLEASE

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]Man though, aside from who is better, aren't you glad you're not a Detroit fan right now?  The two most boring games I've watched all year.  Detroit plays that slow puck possesion offense, trapping defense, never gambles, never fights, limited forecheck, etc. etc. I'm not saying it isn't smart, or effective for that matter.  But it sure is a dull brand of hockey.  I can't imagine buying season tickets to watch that style night in and night out.  I'd rather watch Edmonton run and gun and lose every game 6-3.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I find that brand of hockey pointless to watch.  You get the occasional highlight reel play, and the occasional game that's insanely entertaining, but you see a lot of stupid, stupid hockey full of mistakes, dumb plays, and no sense that you're watching a professional game - Dave Lewis hockey.  You can see incredible talent playing that style of game elsewhere.  I want professional hockey and that means playing to win. I'm not entertained if there's no urgency to win.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The only thing they really needed was the belief that they deserved to be on the same ice.  Look at how many horrible decisions they made that ended in Wing goals, from Rask whiffing on a clearing attempt to Marchand's perfect set up in the slot to Bertuzzi to Seidenberg not even looking to see if Seguin could take Draper (he was already trailing him when Seids made the decision to shade left - at least as much his fault as Seguin's - and that's why Seguin was on the ice immediately after the goal).  Boychuk's half-hearted pinch was the last in a long line.  They were tenative rather than committed.  Take those goals out of the equation and it's a different story.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

And Detroit has one of those?  No one in the league can score at will, and Lucic's 23 goals compare favorably to Franzen's 26.

[QUOTE]They need a pure goal scorer, someone who can score at will.
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

What drives me the most nuts about the headless-chicken syndrome is that the forums make is seem like there has been some sort of big revelation.  It's February.  We know what flaws the team has.  For two games, the Bruins did a bad job hiding those flaws, and the Red Wings did a good job taking advantage of them; but we didn't learn anything new.

It also doesn't erase all of those other games that they have played where they either covered for their weaknesses or the other team failed to capitalize.

They play the way they did on Friday, they loose to any team.  They play the way they did on Sunday, they probably loose against any good team.  They play the way we know they are capable of playing, I think it is close to a toss-up with the best teams.

You can't make a team that is a slam-dunk to win the Cup.  All you can do is make sure the team has the right parts to be competitive with the best teams, and hope they play to their ability.  I don't think the Bruins need any huge changes to get into that situation, and a couple sub-par games doesn't suddenly put them way out of contention.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]What drives me the most nuts about the headless-chicken syndrome is that the forums make is seem like there has been some sort of big revelation.  It's February.  We know what flaws the team has.  For two games, the Bruins did a bad job hiding those flaws, and the Red Wings did a good job taking advantage of them; but we didn't learn anything new. It also doesn't erase all of those other games that they have played where they either covered for their weaknesses or the other team failed to capitalize. They play the way they did on Friday, they loose to any team.  They play the way they did on Sunday, they probably loose against any good team.  They play the way we know they are capable of playing, I think it is close to a toss-up with the best teams. You can't make a team that is a slam-dunk to win the Cup.  All you can do is make sure the team has the right parts to be competitive with the best teams, and hope they play to their ability.  I don't think the Bruins need any huge changes to get into that situation, and a couple sub-par games doesn't suddenly put them way out of contention.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Bingo !!

25. This post has been removed.