Note to Globe Scoreboard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Note to Globe Scoreboard

Would you please includse the day of the upoming game here?  Telling me the teams and the 7:30 start time doesn't help if you don't say which day it's on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Note to Globe Scoreboard

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

Where's the easy button?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Would you please includse the day of the upoming game here?  Telling me the teams and the 7:30 start time doesn't help if you don't say which day it's on.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but I *think* they only put that up on the day of the game.

If that isn't true, if you look around you can find comments contact the Globe and let them know, then I'm sure they'll promptly add some links to facebook and twitter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

... thanks for the Bruins link -- I can find the info, I was just saying if they're going to post the time and the TV channel it would be nice if they included the actual day.

..." I *think* they only put that up on the day of the game." No, this goes up for several days before the game.  Hey, no big deal, just that it's a simple request...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Hello,

Trying just one more time:

Please, Globe Scoreboard, see how silly this looks when the game is scheduled for Wed?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I'm not sure if you've tried it, but you may have more luck in the "Talk to BDC" area:

http://boston.com/community/forums/misc-musings/talk-to-bdc/150/640

Expect a glacial response, though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

What the heck happened to the the Globe hockey coverage?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

at least it's all of the scoreboards and not just red headed step child hockey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to mxt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What the heck happened to the the Globe hockey coverage?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, where is Fluto and KPD?

The lack of (between game) stories is terrible.

Who wants to read the recap of a game for 3 days?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is the most uninteresting B's season so far.

What sort of stories would you like?  They fileted the Marchand story, the defensemen, the new wingers...what else is there?  Q&A with Daniel Paille?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No one's going to win a Pulitzer here, but you were asking what's up with Iginla not scoring.  I don't know that anyone is expecting earth-shattering news, but we all grew up on the daily paper and the rhythm of tracking the team.  Reporters used to have strategies to produce information about the team that was, in some cases, diverting enough over a coffee.  Anyone skip practice the last couple of days? Nicks and dings or maintenance days?  What did they practice?  What does Geoff Ward have to say about the fact that the vaunted changes to the PP with Krug at QB and Chara in the slot producing at a 3% worse clip so far this season?  Beat reporter might keep a continuous eye on the now-four-man D rotation to try and suss out how that will eventually resolve itself (Bartkowski is the only D with a minus next to his name...just putting it out there).

It's not about breaking stories so much as just providing baseline info about the team.  No coincidence that the best thread on here during the lull in on-line coverage by BDC has been a bear playing tetherball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What-the-hell-ever.  I can't recall the last time I went to the Boston.com Bruins page for news. 

Stats?  hockeydb

More stats?  hockey-reference

Up to the minute info?  rotoworld

Schedule?  the fridge

Interesting views on players?  here

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

With NAS, and I'd add to the list - game stories? TSN.ca

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

I too was wondering where all the stories went.  They used to give updates on what occurred during practice that day by noon time.  They used to get a little more info as to what is going on behind the seens.  In my humble opinion I believe all that is on the BostonGlobe.com.  Why put it here for free. 

Also if there is going to be a Bruins Daily connection shouldn't it be daily?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I watch the Bruins win games and then come here to read how CJ doesn't know what he's doing and that Iggy and Eriksson are busts.  I laugh.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If no one writes something interesting soon, I swear I'm going to respond to Marco about Kessel.

It will be the mother of all wars.

I warned you all.  

You think I'm kidding?  

Try me!  

You'll wish you hadn't!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Two out of three options are good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:[QUOTE] What the heck happened to the the Globe hockey coverage? [/QUOTE]

Yeah, where is Fluto and KPD? [/QUOTE]

Interestingly enough Dupont has been covering the baseball playoffs. Like there isn't enough Globe writers already weighing in on or disecting the Sox already.

Fluto barely even tweets during the games right now, no idea what his deal is these days. Bostonbruins.com has been doing a better job pre-game, during the game and postgame anywho.

Aren't there Bruins schedules at the package stores or Cumberland Farms ?

When you're out getting cigs ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think KPD days covering the Bruins are over. Fluto took over as the lead Bruins reporter a few weeks ago.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Also with the addition of Twitter to everyone's arsenal, there is no such thing as a breaking story in the newspaper, even online editions.  I don't tweet but I have an account and check the local sports guys tweets a couple times a day.  Usually it's a waste of my time, because the best content is right here for Bruins news.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Davinator's comment:[QUOTE] What the heck happened to the the Globe hockey coverage? [/QUOTE]

Yeah, where is Fluto and KPD? [/QUOTE]

Interestingly enough Dupont has been covering the baseball playoffs. Like there isn't enough Globe writers already weighing in on or disecting the Sox already.

Fluto barely even tweets during the games right now, no idea what his deal is these days. Bostonbruins.com has been doing a better job pre-game, during the game and postgame anywho.

Aren't there Bruins schedules at the package stores or Cumberland Farms ?

When you're out getting cigs ?

[/QUOTE]
    He's likely writing restaurant reviews in the lifestyle section, he's definitely interested in eating.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Also with the addition of Twitter to everyone's arsenal, there is no such thing as a breaking story in the newspaper, even online editions.  I don't tweet but I have an account and check the local sports guys tweets a couple times a day.  Usually it's a waste of my time, because the best content is right here for Bruins news.

[/QUOTE]

That's why I started coming here originally.  I figured if anyone is going to put a story out there, one of the BDC dopes would want to be first to break it to the group.

Sadly, I'm now one of those dopes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Heck, you're king of the dopes.  No one else knows how to change the text in a live link.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's why I started coming here originally.  I figured if anyone is going to put a story out there, one of the BDC dopes would want to be first to break it to the group.

Sadly, I'm now one of those dopes.

[/QUOTE]

with breaking Panthers stories?

Sections
Shortcuts