Nothing on Kaberle?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Nothing on Kaberle?

This is interesting, isn't it?  Regardless of how bad he looked in Boston, he had a strong Final and the PMD is still a pricey option.  And the Monopoly money being thrown around for some ordinary players made me think Kabs would be long gone right away for too much $$$. I assumed the Wings would have grabbed him right away.

Wonder what's up?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Nothing on Kaberle?

i thought the wings would grab him too...hope he comes back here,wouldnt suprise me if toronto gets involved.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

If Kaberle comes back here, how does Kampfer get back in the lineup ? If you play Kampfer, who do you send down ? We have Hnidy as a bonifide NHL call up. I really don't see the need to sign Kaberle at the expense of not developing Kampfer, who I think will bring some speed to the back end.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

The longer Kaberle goes unsigned, the more I think he's going to come back here...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Nothing on Kaberle?:
    [QUOTE]The longer Kaberle goes unsigned, the more I think he's going to come back here...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]

I, for one , would hope he would.. I think a full season with the Bruins would do him wonders.. but I think he is looking for north of 4mill and I think some of the teams that have to get to the floor of the cap will sign him in due time..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Ive changed my mind, mainly because I thought there was an outside chance the B's could make an interesting signing on an Ian White or someone.  But with no NHL ready D coming in, Im more open to Kaberle than I was.

I like Kampher, but he still seems like he needs a bit of seasoning to me.  Im not thrilled over Hnidy at #6.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Ive changed my mind, mainly because I thought there was an outside chance the B's could make an interesting signing on an Ian White or someone.  But with no NHL ready D coming in, Im more open to Kaberle than I was. I like Kampher, but he still seems like he needs a bit of seasoning to me.  Im not thrilled over Hnidy at #6.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    Agreed Soxfan. Hnidy didn't show me enough for me to want him as anything more than a part time injury replacement.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nothing on Kaberle? : Agreed Soxfan. Hnidy didn't show me enough for me to want him as anything more than a part time injury replacement.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

soxfan and dez or whoever wants to give opinion. kaberle versus kampfer. if the bruins decided to go with kampfer. what percentage do u think kampfer can do kaberle's job? how well can he fill it if given the chance for the year? i think he can match maybe 80 maybe 85%, given that is it worth signing kaberle to a muli-year contract when u could get the same or close to out of kampfer for his 637,000 that is my biggest concern about the bruins signing kaberle to say 2 years 8 million or something along those lines.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nothing on Kaberle? : soxfan and dez or whoever wants to give opinion. kaberle versus kampfer. if the bruins decided to go with kampfer. what percentage do u think kampfer can do kaberle's job? how well can he fill it if given the chance for the year? i think he can match maybe 80 maybe 85%, given that is it worth signing kaberle to a muli-year contract when u could get the same or close to out of kampfer for his 637,000 that is my biggest concern about the bruins signing kaberle to say 2 years 8 million or something along those lines.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]
    Loyal, I like Kampfer but I don't see him as being a whole lot better than Hunwick was for the Bruins. I'd love for him to step up big time this year but I'm still a little skeptical.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

I believe that the Bruins already told Hnidy that they wouldn't be re-signing him.  If I could choose I'd like to sign Kaberle but on the short term. Give Hamilton and Kampfer some time to develop.  A two year deal at 3.5 a year would be nice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Could be he's holding out for more cash.

Could be no one's making any offers.

Anyone actually hear anything?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

The teams that were desperate for an offensive defencemen have already made moves. CBJ got Wizniewski.  DET got Ian White.  BUF got Ehrhoff.  TOR got Franzen.  

Kaberle will be a Bruin by the end of week.  Watch and see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Question is with Wizniewski now in the same pay bracket as Lidstrom and Boyle, both proven stud D-men, what is Kaberle's worth on the market.  (Still can't get over what Columbus dished out for that guy.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Question is with Wizniewski now in the same pay bracket as Lidstrom and Boyle, both proven stud D-men, what is Kaberle's worth on the market.  (Still can't get over what Columbus dished out for that guy.)
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    Without a doubt RHO, one of the most inflated and overpaid contracts in a long time. Wizniewski ? James Wizniewski ? The same James Wizniewski the Isles traded for nothing ? The same James Wizniewski that has played on 5 NHL teams ? Definition of a journeyman if there ever was one. I don't think i'll type James Wizniewski's name this many times ever again, its very tiring.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Wonder what's up?"

GMs watched game films and listened to their scouts is what. Kaberle's agent is probably telling Tomas that he can get a longer deal but he can't really say "Show me the money". It really is looking like Kabs gets a full year to play with the Bs but under Chiarelli's terms.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Could be he's just being patient.  Looking at offers, waiting for some to sweeten.  I think he knows Boston is his fall back. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2011/07/04/source-tomas-kaberle-still-in-talks-with-bruins-not-close-to-a-decision/

The source told WEEI.com on Monday that Kaberle is “not likely to make a decision until sometime next week.”

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Could be he's holding out for more cash. Could be no one's making any offers. Anyone actually hear anything?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Maybe we could have Bruins8 ask his source what is going to happen.  That would at least allow us to rule out one possibility.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm sure he is just deciding where he wants to live.  Pretty big decision.  It surprises me that so many players make it so fast.  I would be happy to see him back in Boston if the price was right.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nothing on Kaberle? : Without a doubt RHO, one of the most inflated and overpaid contracts in a long time. Wizniewski ? James Wizniewski ? The same James Wizniewski the Isles traded for nothing ? The same James Wizniewski that has played on 5 NHL teams ? Definition of a journeyman if there ever was one. I don't think i'll type James Wizniewski's name this many times ever again, its very tiring.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if Wiz is worth all of that money, we'll have to wait and see, but I can tell you that he's not some fraud.  He can flat out play.  He might not be better than average in his own end, but he can put pucks on sticks and behind goaltenders.

Last season, playing for the woeful Islanders and the Habs, he had 10 goals and 41 assists.  His 51 points would have put him first in defenseman scoring in Boston, and fifth overall in points.

That the Islanders gave him away doesn't reflect poorly on his abilities, and I don't really consider a second round pick a total giveaway.  The Panthers actually did give away Grabner and check him out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Wiz was surprisingly good for Montreal last year, but I wouldn't give him that kind of money.  I also don't like him because he's dirty.  He's got a lengthy resume of bad hits and his shot at Krejci in the playoffs was intended to injure, within the rules or not.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nothing on Kaberle? : I'm not sure if Wiz is worth all of that money, we'll have to wait and see, but I can tell you that he's not some fraud.  He can flat out play.  He might not be better than average in his own end, but he can put pucks on sticks and behind goaltenders. Last season, playing for the woeful Islanders and the Habs, he had 10 goals and 41 assists.  His 51 points would have put him first in defenseman scoring in Boston, and fifth overall in points. That the Islanders gave him away doesn't reflect poorly on his abilities, and I don't really consider a second round pick a total giveaway.  The Panthers actually did give away Grabner and check him out.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]I guess Nas, its just that 5 mil a year on average for Wiz seems like a lot. I actually would have liked the B's to take a shot at him but not at 5 mil per year. As far as Grabner that WAS a give away.Wow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Wiz was surprisingly good for Montreal last year, but I wouldn't give him that kind of money.  I also don't like him because he's dirty.  He's got a lengthy resume of bad hits and his shot at Krejci in the playoffs was intended to injure, within the rules or not.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    It doesn't seem to bother the B's when it comes to signing players with ex-Hab dirty hits on their resume ( ie:Begin,Pouliot ) but at $5 mil per, forget it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=370717

"...multiple teams interested...".

He's the last name UFA option for teams looking for a veteran pp defenseman.  That makes him the pretty girl at the dance.  He can wait, his agent can work the phones, and the interested teams aren't likely to find other girls to dance with.  Just like being the last guy picked for a team at the All-Star game, being last can have its rewards.  (Wonder if Phil got "Loser" as the vanity plate for that truck?)

The difference between having Kampfer and having Kaberle on the ice is a bit like the difference between broken calliope music and enya.  The broken calliope music is energetic but just barely under control, and your nerves just know that any minute either the calliope crashes to the ground or a killer clown jumps out of the dark.  The enya is calm, contained, soothing, and grows more and more annoying every second it's on.  Neither is a perfect option, but I think the Bruins as a whole play a more calm, contained game with Kaberle than with Kampfer.  I could live with a 7-man D - sign Kaberle, then rotate Kampfer in and even give him some time at F the way Hunwick had time at F.

Sections
Shortcuts