Nothing on Kaberle?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Nothing on Kaberle?

Excellent analogy!

In Response to Re: Nothing on Kaberle?:
    [QUOTE]http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=370717 "...multiple teams interested...". He's the last name UFA option for teams looking for a veteran pp defenseman.  That makes him the pretty girl at the dance.  He can wait, his agent can work the phones, and the interested teams aren't likely to find other girls to dance with.  Just like being the last guy picked for a team at the All-Star game, being last can have its rewards.  (Wonder if Phil got "Loser" as the vanity plate for that truck?) The difference between having Kampfer and having Kaberle on the ice is a bit like the difference between broken calliope music and enya.  The broken calliope music is energetic but just barely under control, and your nerves just know that any minute either the calliope crashes to the ground or a killer clown jumps out of the dark.  The enya is calm, contained, soothing, and grows more and more annoying every second it's on.  Neither is a perfect option, but I think the Bruins as a whole play a more calm, contained game with Kaberle than with Kampfer.  I could live with a 7-man D - sign Kaberle, then rotate Kampfer in and even give him some time at F the way Hunwick had time at F.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

The only other team I could see being interested in Kaberle besides the Bruins would be the Wild since they just traded away their best puck moving dman (Burns) to San Jose.  I could see them offering around 4 to 4.5 a year to get him locked up.  I wouldn't be comfortable giving him longer than a two year deal but would maybe go to 4 if he'd except the two years.  I fell the Bruins have plenty of prospects that will be ready to take his place in about a year or two.  Should be interesting to see if Kaberle would take a two year term deal to stay with the Bruins, win another Stanely Cup or two, show his worth, and sign a larger deal in two years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Grabner was two give-aways - Vancouver practically paid Florida to take him off their hands when they sent him, Bernier, and a first for Ballard (Bruins must have been salivating whenever that guy was on the ice) and Oreskovich (good thumper but...).

Bruins can't sign Hnidy.  He hasn't been an NHL D for over a year, so you can't realistically expect him to be anything more than the 7th D, and why would you put a guy whose ceiling is "7th D" on your payroll?  You could sign him and send him to Providence, but then whose ice does he take?  They kept Kampfer on the big roster throughout the playoffs, and Cohen and Bartkowski were Black Aces.  Alexandrov is the highest Bruin draft pick on the blueline in Providence, and this is his second pro year, so you want to see him play.  Warsofsky, Button, and Cross will be first year pros.  If you think they can play, they have to play in the A.

Even if you assume two of those guys stay in Boston as 6 and 7, that's five guys you expect to develop in Providence.  That blueline will be rounded out with guys like Cantin, who they liked enough at last year's D-Camp to sign this year, and McIver (Veteran AHL muscle) plus some mix of Bodnarchuk (RFA who they seem to like), Cody Wild (who they took a flier on in a trade with Edm.), or other guys Cassidy likes to round out his roster.  Hnidy would probably be the 7th D in Providence too if you consider the importance of development.

Just a numbers game Shane.  Sorry.  (Signing Kaberle means guys like McIver, Bodnarchuk, and Wild are either in the ECHL or playing limited minutes or gone because either Bart or Kampfer are down in the A.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Feels like the guy who could make the roster out of camp is Cohen. He started well with the Av's last year after all their injuries and then cooled. He could be the B's next Boychuck. Kaberle is an option at two years and no more than three per.  I have no doubt that offensively he'll come around, but the major criticism has been his play in his own end. Plus as Bookboy said, he's presently the prettiest pig at the fair, so it's unlikely the b's will resign him for what some other team will offer. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rangers sign him. Nothing Thurston Howell Sather the Third does would surprise me at this point. Personally, I'd rather see McCabe on a one year deal than the renewel of Kaberle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Feels like the guy who could make the roster out of camp is Cohen. He started well with the Av's last year after all their injuries and then cooled. He could be the B's next Boychuck. Kaberle is an option at two years and no more than three per.  I have no doubt that offensively he'll come around, but the major criticism has been his play in his own end. Plus as Bookboy said, he's presently the prettiest pig at the fair, so it's unlikely the b's will resign him for what some other team will offer. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rangers sign him. Nothing Thurston Howell Sather the Third does would surprise me at this point. Personally, I'd rather see McCabe on a one year deal than the renewel of Kaberle.
    Posted by Davidorr[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. They'll be be hard pressed against the cap with Richards.
    I don't think they're loking for that type of D.
    They also want to re-sign Prospal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

5 bucks ? ...Kaberle signs with the Red Wings by July 15th...He has his ring and now he wants the dough...and Detroit wants a D man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]5 bucks ? ...Kaberle signs with the Red Wings by July 15th...He has his ring and now he wants the dough...and Detroit wants a D man.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]
    I'm not saying you're wrong but Detroit has a pretty solid top 6 D now that they've signed Ian White.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nothing on Kaberle? : I'm not saying you're wrong but Detroit has a pretty solid top 6 D now that they've signed Ian White.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I guess Dez...that's why it's only a 5 buck bet !!!   Now I wish it was only a buck !!!   One question though...Ian White is top 6 D man ?  I thought he was in the Hnidy type of player....Oh well...Let me know where to drop the 5 bucks off !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nothing on Kaberle? : I guess Dez...that's why it's only a 5 buck bet !!!   Now I wish it was only a buck !!!   One question though...Ian White is top 6 D man ?  I thought he was in the Hnidy type of player....Oh well...Let me know where to drop the 5 bucks off !!!
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]
    As I stated Stuke, you could still very well be correct on this one. That said, White is considerably better than Hnidy. In Boston, he'd likely only be behind Seids and Chara on the depth chart. I say that assuming Kaberle isn't back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=370717 "...multiple teams interested...". He's the last name UFA option for teams looking for a veteran pp defenseman.  That makes him the pretty girl at the dance.  He can wait, his agent can work the phones, and the interested teams aren't likely to find other girls to dance with.  Just like being the last guy picked for a team at the All-Star game, being last can have its rewards.  (Wonder if Phil got "Loser" as the vanity plate for that truck?) The difference between having Kampfer and having Kaberle on the ice is a bit like the difference between broken calliope music and enya.  The broken calliope music is energetic but just barely under control, and your nerves just know that any minute either the calliope crashes to the ground or a killer clown jumps out of the dark.  The enya is calm, contained, soothing, and grows more and more annoying every second it's on.  Neither is a perfect option, but I think the Bruins as a whole play a more calm, contained game with Kaberle than with Kampfer.  I could live with a 7-man D - sign Kaberle, then rotate Kampfer in and even give him some time at F the way Hunwick had time at F.

Book, spot on analysis, if the market is drying up for those mobile defenseman, I am looking over my keyboard for NAS, then Kaberle and his agent are doing due diligence to wait.  Without any documentation in this speculation, I think Kaberle does not want to bounce around the NHL in the next few years.  The longer the conversation, the more PC can convince Kaberle that Boston is the a decent place to end a career. 

In re Kampfer, he is what he is.  He deserves a chance but he is no Kaberle.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nothing on Kaberle? : Without a doubt RHO, one of the most inflated and overpaid contracts in a long time. Wizniewski ? James Wizniewski ? The same James Wizniewski the Isles traded for nothing ? The same James Wizniewski that has played on 5 NHL teams ? Definition of a journeyman if there ever was one. I don't think i'll type James Wizniewski's name this many times ever again, its very tiring.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

50below - Good one!  He's a beneficiary of the current marketplace for his skill set.  Hey, if the team is offering up that much money to him, he'd be nuts to turn it down.  I wouldn't. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=370717 "...multiple teams interested...". He's the last name UFA option for teams looking for a veteran pp defenseman.  That makes him the pretty girl at the dance.  Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Or, it's 2AM and you have a belly full of beer and your grabbing what's left. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

A lot of teams have trouble on the PP, look at the Nucks!
    Todays penalty killers are better, faster than ever and so are the goalies.
    So don't put it all on Kaberle.
    The players are big and fast and there is not a lot of room.
    I hope kaberle comes back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Something tells me the Bruins need Kaberle more than the Bs or their fans realise.
    I hope he resigns but I have my doubts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

My last memory of Kampfer was not a very good one and I was basically begging for him to put the suit on and not take it off until the dust settled.  Can't remember the opponent but he had a game from hell costing the team at least two goals with several "hot potato" style giveaways and terrible positioning.  If faced with bringing back Kabby for another year or two vs. slotting in Kampfer into Kabby's current 5-6 dman role, I would go with Kabby hands down.  Kevin Dallman looked more effective than Kampfer at the NHL level and Dallman is no longer in the league so what does that tell you?  Maybe nothing....or maybe everything!!!

BTW:  It's been almost 3 weeks since the Cup win and I'm still giddy like a school girl with a new IPod.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Kaberle off the Board 12.75 for 23 years in Carolina.  The money is about what I expected he would get.