NOW can we stop the stupid boasting?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

NOW can we stop the stupid boasting?

I've been ripped here the last couple days because while some people needed to go on and on about how this game is the "end of Montreal's season" and I continued to point out how STUPID it is historically to EVER underestimate that team, I've been called a Habs fan, negative, obsessed with memories from 40 years ago, blah, blah.

Ill say it again:  I hate that team as much as anyone.  But the fact is they ALMOST ALWAYS up their game this time of year.  The B's on the other hand ALMOST ALWAYS disappear at playoff time.

What else?

-The Habs are deadly at home.  The B's?  Worse than on the road.
    - The Habs in the Garden, even getting hammered, score 6 goals.  The B's at the Bell? Count on 1 or less, usually.
    - Price is absolutely better than either Bruins' goalie.
    -The B's, AGAIN fall flat on their faces in the big time, high importance game.  Sound familiar?
    -Seguin?  That guy tonight is who everyone is crying over not dressing? He wasnt happy getting away with a stupid trip in the first period, he had to make sure to got called for one by the end of his shift.  Not a PPG, but a goal right after.  Not sure who the B's were defending on either of the first 2 anyway.
    -Speaking of PPGs... does anyone really think a "contender" has a power play that couldnt score on the US Women's team?   Why are there not people fired related to this power play?

Really, the next time the B's win a couple games in a row or by some miracle beat the Habs once, STOP with the idiotic fanboy postings about how the Habs are through and the Bs are soooooooo much better.  (oh, save the 'Flyers are DOA' stupidity, too).

The Bs looked just like they did against Detroit... outclassed by another skill team. Hello 6th place; I just hope the Bs dont get matched against the Habs in the playoffs again, because they will get embarrassed, again.

Rant over.  Resume flames.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Re: NOW can we stop the stupid boasting?

Hmmm didn't see anything about Tim Thomas sucking in here... Did someone hijack SoxFanInIL's account?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to NOW can we stop the stupid boasting?:
    [QUOTE]I've been ripped here the last couple days because while some people needed to go on and on about how this game is the "end of Montreal's season" and I continued to point out how STUPID it is historically to EVER underestimate that team, I've been called a Habs fan, negative, obsessed with memories from 40 years ago, blah, blah. Ill say it again:  I hate that team as much as anyone.  But the fact is they ALMOST ALWAYS up their game this time of year.  The B's on the other hand ALMOST ALWAYS disappear at playoff time. What else? -The Habs are deadly at home.  The B's?  Worse than on the road. - The Habs in the Garden, even getting hammered, score 6 goals.  The B's at the Bell? Count on 1 or less, usually. - Price is absolutely better than either Bruins' goalie. -The B's, AGAIN fall flat on their faces in the big time, high importance game.  Sound familiar? -Seguin?  That guy tonight is who everyone is crying over not dressing? He wasnt happy getting away with a stupid trip in the first period, he had to make sure to got called for one by the end of his shift.  Not a PPG, but a goal right after.  Not sure who the B's were defending on either of the first 2 anyway. -Speaking of PPGs... does anyone really think a "contender" has a power play that couldnt score on the US Women's team?   Why are there not people fired related to this power play? Really, the next time the B's win a couple games in a row or by some miracle beat the Habs once, STOP with the idiotic fanboy postings about how the Habs are through and the Bs are soooooooo much better.  (oh, save the 'Flyers are DOA' stupidity, too). The Bs looked just like they did against Detroit... outclassed by another skill team. Hello 6th place; I just hope the Bs dont get matched against the Habs in the playoffs again, because they will get embarrassed, again. Rant over.  Resume flames.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE] So you don't think goaltending was the deciding factor in this game???

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I was willing to give Rask the benefit of the doubt but my opinion has changed. He has lost what he possessed last year. His rebound control is bad and it seems he has no focus on long shots. It's a shame but he is done.

The other fact that is easy to see is the Bruins struggle against any team with speed. Clod has no answer for his less than mobile D unit. They get smoked too many times causing total disarray. Recchi is done as well. He looks like a 65 year old man playing with teenagers.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

bruins got outplayed, out hustled, beat to every puck.... it would have gone much better if they just beat the sh*t out of the little diving pee wee size canadiens...  and the chara hit was borderline interference...nothing more

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: NOW can we stop the stupid boasting?:
    [QUOTE]Rask + Powerles Play = LOSS. Even the most optimistic homer in here has to finally admit that Rask is Raycroft reborn.  He's done.  Losers beat losers like Ottawa 2X, Edmonton, NYI.   Everybody's saying Rask needs "more work" "he's rusty" blah, blah, blah.  His job is to be READY WHEN CALLED.  Every goalie gets hot for a spell and then settles into a reality ( see: Halak ).   We could've dumped Rask for some good chips before the deadline, but god forbid anyone even mention that lest "The Apologists Invade En Masse."   Now, we can't unload him for a bag of epsom salts. Take-a Risk is not the future. Accept it.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    I'm beginning to think you're bipolar.Find some middle ground for Pete's sake.TT played awful last time out against the Habs but now Rask=Raycroft.Imagine if they hadn't won 7 out of 9.This knee-jerk,reactionary crap is getting old fast.Time for me to take some time off from this forum(at least until you and others restock your meds).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i agree on no need for boasting, the Habs always play tough . BUT, stop bashing Rask. The entire defense, starting with Chara, Kaberle, and Seidenberg played LOUSY. Has ANY other team left their goalie wide open to opposing players?? Eller's second goal was a gift from the defense,  In addition, what has happened to Kelly? he's been missing lately, and that "3rd " line has no cohesion as Ryder hogs the puck. No " cohesion" indicates zero coaching or accountability.  Also, why is this skilled team not prepared for these games???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

I've said it before on this board, how we play the Habs is the barometer for how good this team is. Well ladies and gents, the facts are in: 1-4 against them. An absolutely pathethic (but expected) outcome. You can kid yourselves but this team isn't going anywhere this year ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

When the game first started it looked like the B's were playing in quicksand which was a portant to the night they were about to have. Just not a good game all-round. Lost the defensive battles, the fight, the game, and probably Chara (for a game or two).....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

All i can say is the Habs are good on their home ice. Their a good hockey team period. As much as i dislike them because im a bruins fan at heart like the rest of us. Whatever happens in the season happens. Lets just hope if we face them in the playoff it won't be any thing like this, that my concern. As a few times on their home ice we just seem to get smoke by them then fall apart and look bad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Classic example last night of why the B's, once again, are going nowhere in the playoffs

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Rask is not seeing the puck well, but when he does, he is a top goalie. Sorry, but I argued this before, Thomas is a shoe in for the Vezina and has been playing incredible this year. Price having a hot streak and playing real well after losing his job last year does not make him better. And I don't want to hear the "Bruins play a defensive style", so do the Habs.

Montreal is a really tough place to play and the Habs needed it a lot more than the Bruins. Coming on here and bashing a team after every loss is the same as gloating after every win. They are both moronic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

123meg what else do you see in your crystal ball?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Classic example last night of why the B's, once again, are going nowhere in the playoffs
    Posted by 123meg[/QUOTE]
    Please elaborate,oh brilliant one......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]I've said it before on this board, how we play the Habs is the barometer for how good this team is. Well ladies and gents, the facts are in: 1-4 against them. An absolutely pathethic (but expected) outcome. You can kid yourselves but this team isn't going anywhere this year ...
    Posted by Cashman72[/QUOTE]

What troll were you before.  I bet after we lost to Det, you came on and said we will never beat the west and then disappeared when we beat the Canucks and lo and behold our next loss, you come up with a new name to defame and add your 8 posts under your new identity.

Troll off, and quit wasting my time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Hat tip to Price and the Canadiens defense: they played about as solidly as is possible.  Yes, that's right, sometimes the other team earns victory by playing well.  It's not all about the Bruins; they didn't have a great game, but even if they had I don't think they'd have gotten the puck through more than the one time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Stop the madness. Hindsight is 20/20 and therefore the debate on who to start in goal will continue whenever the Bruins lose. If TT plays and they lose, clearly it's because he's tired. If Rask starts and they lose, it's because Claude is ruining him, he's rusty or he's lost his game.

It's always one extreme or another on these boards.

My take on last night: The Canadiens played an excellent game with speed up-front and suffocating defense. They are a good team. They are also flawed in many ways, and it's impossible to predict how either team will do in the playoffs. To say the Bruins "aren't going anywhere" or "they're Cup favorites" is just plain stupid. Anything can happen in the playoffs, and any of the 16 teams can go on a run and be dominating (including the Bruins or the Canadiens).

Why are we wasting our time claiming to know what's going to happen? Most of us will grab some popcorn and enjoy the ride. The rest of you can cry and moan through the whole thing if it makes you feel better about life.

Oh...and Rask has the ability to be a top-10 goalie in this league for a long time. He'll need to improve, but also have the starting job to do this, as any goalie will tell you they get better with more reps. However, those reps should not come now at the expense of an MVP-caliber season from Thomas. What's so difficult to understand in this regard?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to NOW can we stop the stupid boasting?:
    [QUOTE]I've been ripped here the last couple days because while some people needed to go on and on about how this game is the "end of Montreal's season" and I continued to point out how STUPID it is historically to EVER underestimate that team, I've been called a Habs fan, negative, obsessed with memories from 40 years ago, blah, blah. Ill say it again:  I hate that team as much as anyone.  But the fact is they ALMOST ALWAYS up their game this time of year.  The B's on the other hand ALMOST ALWAYS disappear at playoff time. What else? -The Habs are deadly at home.  The B's?  Worse than on the road. - The Habs in the Garden, even getting hammered, score 6 goals.  The B's at the Bell? Count on 1 or less, usually. - Price is absolutely better than either Bruins' goalie. -The B's, AGAIN fall flat on their faces in the big time, high importance game.  Sound familiar? -Seguin?  That guy tonight is who everyone is crying over not dressing? He wasnt happy getting away with a stupid trip in the first period, he had to make sure to got called for one by the end of his shift.  Not a PPG, but a goal right after.  Not sure who the B's were defending on either of the first 2 anyway. -Speaking of PPGs... does anyone really think a "contender" has a power play that couldnt score on the US Women's team?   Why are there not people fired related to this power play? Really, the next time the B's win a couple games in a row or by some miracle beat the Habs once, STOP with the idiotic fanboy postings about how the Habs are through and the Bs are soooooooo much better.  (oh, save the 'Flyers are DOA' stupidity, too). The Bs looked just like they did against Detroit... outclassed by another skill team. Hello 6th place; I just hope the Bs dont get matched against the Habs in the playoffs again, because they will get embarrassed, again. Rant over.  Resume flames.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

You are too much like the trolls that come on here at times. Did B lose to Det yes did they lose to the scabs yes, does the PP suckle the hind teet,yes.

Did Bos beat Cal, yes, did they beat Van yes, did they beat TBay, yes. These are every bit as skilled as the other teams and yes the B's contained them and beat them.

Do the B's have problems, yes, they have a ghost of a PP and lack consistency in their efforts in big games.

As per NHL.com the headline is Canadiens dominate Bruins in 4-1 win. What a pile of BS.  The B's outskated, outhit, outchanced the scabs all night long, they just did not outscore them. They even outplayed them 4-5, and for 5 mins in the 3rd as well.  Eller got the 1st star for his 2 gift goals, Price got the 2nd star for a 30 save and .968 save%, Paciorety got the 3rd star in the game for 0G, 0A, 0Pts, 0+/-, but oh yeah he took Chara out of the game and gave the Habs a 5-4 PP for 5 mins, my way of thinking he should have got the 1st star.

Rask had a brutal effort from the get go in, he couldn't even steer the pucks to the corner. 2 brutal PPG against, but he did stop the other 2 shots, the socalled horrendous D made him face in 10 minutes and 12 seconds of shorthanded time. An .846 save %, he never challenged, he was in the paint when Wisn scored on his slapshot, he was in slow motion when Eller was alone on him, on Ellers other goal, he was tickling McQ feet to try and free it and never bothered to think to keep his pads in station when Eller did whack it. Gionta's wrister did not have power to go on its own, Chara knocked it out 3 times, but 4 times Rask knocked in and we know how that ended up.

The B's could have won, it is just the most frustrating thing in the world to lose, not only to the scabs, that is bad enough, but to lose to the scab fans, there is nothing worse in the world than the taunting scabbettes that come out thickest after a win.

Do we have a chance at Stanley, yes we do, will it be a hard road, yes it will, will it be harder because of the PP and the coaching yes it will,
    but,..
    we still have a shot at the cup!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Oh okay, you homers real confident after yet another thrashing in Montreal?  Jacobs is laughing. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Oh okay, you homers real confident after yet another thrashing in Montreal?  Jacobs is laughing. 
    Posted by 123meg[/QUOTE]
    Strange how being in 1st place can instill confidence.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Its great you're so satisfied with first place in March but wouldn't winning a playoff series or two be nice one of these years? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Look...it's not like the Bruins lost 4 of 5 to the Senators or Oilers. The Habs, as much as people here hate 'em and as much as they've defied a LOT of odds, are a good team with excellent goaltending.

Losing to them...even 4 of 5 in the regular season....doesn't mean the Bruins suck, nor does it mean Boston couldn't beat them in the postseason. The Bruins are likewise a very good team. They're in striking distance of the conference lead for nothing.

Of course, the sobering reality for Bruins fans is that they have to accept that Montreal could also win 4 of 7 from them, too.