NOW do they fire Ward?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

NOW do they fire Ward?

Now that the power play cost the B's the playoff round (anyone left want to make the argument that the PP did not kill the B's?), I wonder if we can finally pull the switch on someone responsible for that embarrassing joke of a power play.

As soon as the B's got that PP with 2 minutes left, all I could think of (instead of even considering winning the game on a late PPG) was great, the B's choke away another PP, Washington gets a lift going into OT, and wins in the first 5 minutes.

Some scripts are too easy to read.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Re: NOW do they fire Ward?

Yes, it, time!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

You have to. It's quite clear that it is the system, not the players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The Bruins ranked 15th in PP efficiency this year putting them in the middle of the pack.  It's hard to imagine Ward conceiving a strategy that moves them up the ladder to where the odd man advantage shows some measurable improvement.  His time is up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

he should've been fired a year ago....

PC was too busy celebrating all summer that he forgot to get around to it.... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: NOW do they fire Ward?:
    he should've been fired a year ago.... PC was too busy celebrating all summer that he forgot to get around to it.... 
    Posted by days-of-Orr

days - The Cup saved his job.  Maybe Julien's loyalty also.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: NOW do they fire Ward? : days - The Cup saved his job.  Maybe Julien's loyalty also.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

think CJ's loyalty may end up costing him his job too?....

i don't think so, but i hear that CJ and Neely don't see eye to eye....

he may be on a short leash next year though....

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Can't fire Ward.  He has dirty wikileaks on the organization.  He's here for life. Don't believe me? Ask yourselves: why didn't they fire him after last season?
    Posted by ipot

ipot - Didn't their strong 5 on 5 play mask the PP's shortcomings?  I'd imagine the Cup helped Ward's cause for employment with the team.  He was the lead strategist of the largely ineffective PP of a championship club.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Way overdue.  Way way way overdue.

Look at where they finish overall and look where the pp is overall, something has to change.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

YES, PLEASE YES.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Way overdue.  Way way way overdue. Look at where they finish overall and look where the pp is overall, something has to change.
    Posted by BadHabitude

BH - Exactly.  What can he possible do that he hasn't already tried to improve this PP - besides leaving?  Doesn't seem like much.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Don't count on it. CJ obviously values him. Why exactly I am not sure.

Perhaps PC could sign a PMD in the offeason to help with the PP? 

Just kidding.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

The PP needs a complete overhaul and that would include the coach in charge. 

they dont seem to have any set system or plays trying to expose an opening or open weak side / back door play.

Special teams separate the good from the elite.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Yeah, let's get a coach in here who can draw up some magical plays that will make Krejci and Bergeron not suck on the PP. It's about offensively gifted talent who can't wait to snipe at the net every time the puck is on their sticks, or big aggressive forwards who thrive in front of the net with tips and rebounds, and make life miserable for the net minder, and I'm sure that a new coach will show all of our offensively minded D corp how to move with the puck along the blue line - Ward should just show them some video of Stamkos, Neal and Karlsson and say -ok boys, now go do that.
    Those guys are obviously being coached with some previously unknown technique that a new coach will teach them.  Ward must go !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raa5150. Show raa5150's posts

It is pretty ridiculous that fans can see what the problem is but the coaches can't. They spend the whole power play passing it back to the blue line. You feel like sometimes they don't realize the net is the other way. Deflating finish to the season but last year more than makes up for it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I think the problem is the players, more than the coaches. (They really could use a guy like Savvy again!) However, Ward is clearly unable to get more out of them as a PP team so it's possible they may try a different PP coach to shake things up and hope that it works.
    The stats lie....even though they were okay on the PP during the season, your eyes tell you that when they often needed a PP strike they very, very rarely got it. They were too easily defended against when the stakes were high.
    Show of hands....How many of you yelled at your TV for the B's to DECLINE! a penalty, even though this is not an option in the NHL. Their PP is pathetic and they need to improve it one way or the other.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

BS it is all on the players.
    They don't need a coach by the time they get to the NHL.
    They have all been on hundreds of PP and know what to do.
    It is simple get pucks to the net, screen the goalie, tips, rebounds ect.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If one needs a scapegoat for the power play then it is time for Ward to go.  He is not entirely the blame, CJs system and the lack of a "Savard" as stated above is also a factor.  Many of you have heard this from me before but PMD is needed on the power play!  So Ward must go as a logical alternative.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Yes I think it has to be done.

Go B's

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You have to. It's quite clear that it is the system, not the players.
    Posted by kelvana33

Wait a minute now,  they players have part of the blame here . Peverley at the point was a big mistake and having Lucic reeling and dealing on the side wall was another.  Lucic's position on a PP should only be in front of the net and/or the high slot.
    I'll only give about 20% of the blame to the players for poor decisions they made BUT the players were put into place by Ward, he deserves 80% of the blame.
    If they feel bad and don't want to fire him put in charge of the PK, because that's exactly what the PP was, killing time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

If nothing else, why not. I mean what does the team owe Ward? I'm sure he's a great guy and all that but really, there must be a few other PP coaches out there that are good guys too. 

Make it so Number 1.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

For all you idiots that don't think Ward is the problem, leave our fanbase now, because you don't know iddly squat about this team. For the past 5 years the PP strategy has been the same (yes it was a LITTLE better with Savard but not that much).  Different players have come into this time and yet the PP has the same effectiveness. The strategy is too stagnant and its Ward's fault. How do you have different PMD and different forwards (not to mention  a #2 OVERALL DRAFT PICK) come onto the team and the PP continues to suck? Its the strategy Ward has implemented. Its 70-80% his fault. Stop blaming the players, it just shows how much of a fraud of a fan you are.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'm ok with PP efficiency where it is and falling in the middle of the pack. Sometimes a good goalie or lack of finish is the culprit for those averages. In other words, teams tend to bury their chances at the same clip.

I am NOT ok with the PP being so ineffective that there is little to no sustained pressure at all, and very few real scoring chances. That falls on the design, not the players.

Boston doesn't even get close on some PPs. it's not like they get the shots and they're not going in...they don't even sniff the net. It's a real problem.

Sections
Shortcuts