Now its completed, the last word on the Phil Kessel trade is....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

Now its completed, the last word on the Phil Kessel trade is....

HAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Now its completed, the last word on the Phil Kessel trade is....

Wow, worked out better than I could have hoped.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Now lets see who will win more Cups, Kessel 0 / Draft picks to Boston 1  lol. WILL IT EVER END?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

Thank You God!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Now its completed, the last word on the Phil Kessel trade is....:
    [QUOTE]HAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!
    Posted by habsno17[/QUOTE]
    Hey, that's what I was gonna say......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I love how Leafs fans try to fold the Kaberle trade into the Kessel trade in order to make Burke seem like he didnt get fleeced. With only the original components considered, Ill make that trade 1000 more times. Way to go Chia!
    Let's Go Bruins!! (2012)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

Yep. Brian Burke and Phil Kessel. The gift that keeps on giving. Hahahahahahahahahahahah !!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Now its completed, the last word on the Phil Kessel trade is....:
    [QUOTE]I love how Leafs fans try to fold the Kaberle trade into the Kessel trade in order to make Burke seem like he didnt get fleeced. With only the original components considered, Ill make that trade 1000 more times. Way to go Chia! Let's Go Bruins!! (2012)
    Posted by Sportsnutty[/QUOTE]
    Heck, you can add the Kaberle trade and I'd still do the deal another 1000 times.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Kessel for Seguin, Spooner, Hamilton, and CAP SPACE TO SIGN HORTON

F-ckin aye !!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

In Response to Re: Now its completed, the last word on the Phil Kessel trade is....:
    [QUOTE]Kessel for Seguin, Spooner, Hamilton, and CAP SPACE TO SIGN HORTON F-ckin aye !!
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]
    Hey, They got Knight, NOT SPOONER, from Toronto. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Three words actually...

Toronto, you're fecked!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Burke's face when the Bs picked Hamilton was priceless!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hey, the jury is still out on the trade as we need 2 of these picks to play in the nhl before forming a real opinion.

And then the final decision will be after a few years.

But from my point of view, quite possibly the most one sided trade in NHL history.

Kessel continues to score most of his goals against non-playoff teams and when games are out of reach.  And if you have a look at his playoff stats you see most of his goals came in the playoff sweep of the habs and he was mostly awol against the Canes.

I'm not going to drag out the stats for the billionth time.  The idiots who want to believe in the easter bunny can continue to do so.  The proven 40 goal scorer who's never scored 40.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, the jury is still out on the trade as we need 2 of these picks to play in the nhl before forming a real opinion. And then the final decision will be after a few years. But from my point of view, quite possibly the most one sided trade in NHL history. Kessel continues to score most of his goals against non-playoff teams and when games are out of reach.  And if you have a look at his playoff stats you see most of his goals came in the playoff sweep of the habs and he was mostly awol against the Canes. I'm not going to drag out the stats for the billionth time.  The idiots who want to believe in the easter bunny can continue to do so.  The proven 40 goal scorer who's never scored 40.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

After today, I'm confident in saying that some day in the future we'll be going "what was the best trade in Bruins history? the Neely trade, the Espo trade or the Kessel trade?"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

In two years, Seguin and Hamilton will be full time Bruins.  Maybe Knight too. 

And Burke will be out of a job.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Two of the guys picked haven't played a day in the NHL, and the one that has shuffled between the fourth line and the press box...while Kessel played on the first line and connected with 32 goals and 32 assists.

If this is the final word, the Leafs came out way on top of this deal.

Let's give the Knight a few years possibly to make it to the NHL (he may or may not) and let's give Hamilton time possibly to make it to the NHL (he may or may not) and let's give Seguin time to put up better offensive numbers than Kessel (he may or may not) and then we'll decide which team gets to say "Hahahahaha".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd make the deal again, but lets not forget as it stands right now, Phil Kessel is still the best player in the deal, and he's still young with many years ahead.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Doesn't matter what happens with Knight and Hamilton - the Kessel deal was addition by subtraction.  And now that loser plays on the Leafs where their reliance on him to score as measured in salary cap commitment will be an anchor on their progress until they give up and deal him for a third round pick.  Loser.  Literally.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Two of the guys picked haven't played a day in the NHL, and the one that has shuffled between the fourth line and the press box...while Kessel played on the first line and connected with 32 goals and 32 assists. If this is the final word, the Leafs came out way on top of this deal. Let's give the Knight a few years possibly to make it to the NHL (he may or may not) and let's give Hamilton time possibly to make it to the NHL (he may or may not) and let's give Seguin time to put up better offensive numbers than Kessel (he may or may not) and then we'll decide which team gets to say "Hahahahaha".
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

No, you're only measuring a fraction of the trade impact.  The Bruins rid themselves of $5.5 million a year in salary, which certainly would have precluded at least a couple of the following things:
    -Chara re-signing
    -Bergeron re-signing
    -Acquiring and signing Nathan Horton.
    -Acquiring and signing Peverly, Kelly, and Kaberle.

Without Seguin this year, the Bruins may very well not get past Tampa in the playoffs.  The Toronto draft picks allowed the Bruins to deal their own picks for good players.

The Kessel deal absolutely contributed to the Bruins winning the Cup, while Toronto stunk again.  Seguin, Knight, and Hamilton could join Greenpeace and move to Bora Bora and this trade still pays off in my mind.

And it only gets better from here.  Did you see how hard it was for Chiarelli to keep a straight face at the draft when he was asked how he thought the deal was working out?  Burke is still looking for his pants.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In the end, it's about winning the cup, which the Bruins did.

I wouldn't waste any more key strokes on this one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In the end, it's about winning the cup, which the Bruins did. I wouldn't waste any more key strokes on this one.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]
    OOps...I guess I just did (and again............)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

People keep forgetting the Ken Hodge for Rick Middleton trade. That was the best in my opinion.

n Response to Re: Now its completed, the last word on the Phil Kessel trade is....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now its completed, the last word on the Phil Kessel trade is.... : After today, I'm confident in saying that some day in the future we'll be going "what was the best trade in Bruins history? the Neely trade, the Espo trade or the Kessel trade?"
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Common sense dictates that one should always trade one dimensional wingers for 2nd overall, 32nd overall, and 9th overall picks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]People keep forgetting the Ken Hodge for Rick Middleton trade. That was the best in my opinion.
    Posted by mxt[/QUOTE]

How many Cups did that bring to Boston?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeBruinsFan. Show LeBruinsFan's posts

Leafs got a proven goal scorer who doesn't help those around him and didn't make the playoffs.

Bruins got a talented player and a some very good prospects. And they'll all be playing for a recent cup winner.

Last words? It's over, we're better. Case closed.

Sections
Shortcuts