Now its completed, the last word on the Phil Kessel trade is....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Re: Now its completed, the last word on the Phil Kessel trade is....

In Response to Re: Now its completed, the last word on the Phil Kessel trade is....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now its completed, the last word on the Phil Kessel trade is.... : Kel, it's the Cam Neely tree that is still springing branches. Wesley was the draft pick that came to Boston along with Neely for Barry Pederson.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

wesley was then moved for THREE first round draft picks..love it

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

ahhh, the Neely trade is the seed. and lets face itsince now he's high up in the organization sitting in on player moves, every single player aqquired on his watch is a branch on the Wesley Tree!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Now its completed, the last word on the Phil Kessel trade is....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now its completed, the last word on the Phil Kessel trade is.... : wesley was then moved for THREE first round draft picks..love it
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS[/QUOTE]

And then won a Cup with that team before the Bruins won one again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Gee seguin already has more playoff goals than phil.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Seguin with four points in period 2 won that game for us.

Thank you Phil, I mean TYler.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Gee seguin already has more playoff goals than phil.
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

No, that's not true.
    Seguin 15 3 4
    Kessel 13 9 6
    However...

I haven't looked at the stats in a while, but I believe Kessel had 2 playoff goals in games where there was a 1 goal differential and one gwg in the Canes series - 2nd round.

Most of Kessel's playoff goals came in a 4-0 sweep of the Habs.

Seguin on the other hand could arguably have won that Tampa game single handedly, and it was in the conference finals.

The proof for me is ultimate, Seguin shows when the going gets tough he shows up.  And when the going gets tough, Phil all but disappears.

And Phil continues to score against non-playoff teams and when the score gets stretched either way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Probably worth pointing out that much of this analysis assumes that the 23 year-old Kessel doesn't get better.  If he ever figures it out, he does have the tools to be a star.

Also, not sure where I read/heard this, but I thought Burke was trying to get Knight included the Kaberle deal.  PC refused to move Knight, so they settled on Colborne.  Anyone else hear that?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Probably worth pointing out that much of this analysis assumes that the 23 year-old Kessel doesn't get better.  If he ever figures it out, he does have the tools to be a star. Also, not sure where I read/heard this, but I thought Burke was trying to get Knight included the Kaberle deal.  PC refused to move Knight, so they settled on Colborne.  Anyone else hear that?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

That is 100% accurate.

And that's what continues to frustrate me to death about him.

Just like that Bull Durham movie, million dollar arm and 2 cent head.

oh - he started last season doing all the right things and I was honestly in fear.  Then he reverted to the same old same old and I could rest easy.

Honestly, being very honest here.  I think there is something wrong with him upstairs.  Or he's really really slow on the uptake such that it interferes with him being able to execute on the ice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now its completed, the last word on the Phil Kessel trade is.... : No, that's not true. Seguin 15 3 4 Kessel 13 9 6 However... I haven't looked at the stats in a while, but I believe Kessel had 2 playoff goals in games where there was a 1 goal differential and one gwg in the Canes series - 2nd round. Most of Kessel's playoff goals came in a 4-0 sweep of the Habs. Seguin on the other hand could arguably have won that Tampa game single handedly, and it was in the conference finals. The proof for me is ultimate, Seguin shows when the going gets tough he shows up.  And when the going gets tough, Phil all but disappears. And Phil continues to score against non-playoff teams and when the score gets stretched either way.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I'm a big Seguin fan, but there were long stretch's when Tyler's offense dissapeared in these playoffs.  Let's face it, that's what he's on the team for.  He really had one great game, and a couple of good shifts.    Until Tyler shows he can bring it consistently, nothing is proved.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now its completed, the last word on the Phil Kessel trade is.... : There is no answer to that question.  It's unknown. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

What is known is Seguin pretty much single handedly won a game in the Tampa series. Kessel never did in 08' or 09' with Tyler's output this season compared to Phil's production his first full season I'd say it's more than known.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

sorry. thinking post trade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE] But from my point of view, quite possibly the most one sided trade in NHL history.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Interestingly, the Hockey News called the Rask to Boston for Raycroft deal by Toronto the worst trade of the decade.

These deals with Toronto are a good thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

From Rotoworld:

"After the Bruins picked Dougie Hamilton on Friday, the often-talked about Phil Kessel deal was complete.

The Bruins ended up with Tyler Seguin, Jared Knight, and Hamilton. Quite a haul for Kessel. It remains to be seen how this deal will end up but for now it appears the Leafs got hosed. Hamilton projects to be a solid defensemen while Seguin looks to be stud worthy."

Sections
Shortcuts