Now thas what I'm talking about!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Now thas what I'm talking about!

No doubt the coaching needs a change, but I don't think that's going to magically fix what's wrong with this team. There is a fundamental truth that this roster is simply not as good top to bottom as many think it is.

TTB. I can't fully agree with this. I can't because we haven't seen this team at it's best yet! Even the 8-1 thrashing of the Bolts didn't show it. I hate bringing this up again because it's becoming old hat. That Dallas game from 2 seasons ago is a COMPLETE hockey team. That team did e-thing that a great team does. From top to bottom. From the goalie to the forwards. With the exception of Hnidy all those players that were involved ARE still on this hockey team. That team had it all & did it all! There's no excuse & no reason that this team lost that gumption, that drive & determination. The players just have to WANT it! They didn't need CJ to tell them what to do! They saw what was going on & made a statement & said "Naw, naw! Not on my watch & not in this house boy!"
    What's missing from this team is NOT talent! They don't need to be Detroit, Washington, Pittsburgh or Chicago! They just need to be Boston!

I posted this in another thread the other nite! I copied it because this is what I was talking about. This team when it plays BRUINS hockey can dominate any team in the league! IF they can show this? I don't care who they have as a coach! As long as they show a compete level & standup for one another & actually act like a team! If they play their hearts out & lose that's one thing, but to lose by playing with their tail between their legs is another kettle of fish. This team can WIN IT ALL! They have the talent. I know one game doesn't make, or break a season, but a few statements like they did tonite certainly can. The only problem is it took over two seasons to make another one. The postive side is we can finally use another example beside the Dallas one to use.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

Re: Now thas what I'm talking about!

Great post. I agree with you that when this team plays hard and skates well for a full 60 minutes that they are one of the best in the NHL. Lets see if they can continue to play like this for the rest of the season. Great game, great win Boston!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It was a great game, lots of fun to watch.

They still need a true scoring winger and a better #2 defenseman if they are going to go the distance.  They can't rely on the goon for two goals a night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

NAS you know you're probably right. The way I look at it though too. Is how often does a team get thru the whole play-offs without injury to key players? It does happen, but not often. The team that is lucky enough to get thru without injury to key players is also a factor. So yes the more depth you have the better off you are; no question. I just think that this team as is; with continued great goaltending could get it done.
    LOL you do make me laugh about your feelings on Thorts too! I honestly think he's a valuable piece to the team when he does what he's supposed to. Which is to fight the heavy weights (which I have never seen him back away from any) skate his tail off when he's out there. Not get scored on. Chip in with some offence from time to time. He plays this role very well. WHEN he does it. There's far more worse things to worry about on the Bruins than Thorts IMO.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

One game against a traveling team a day before Xmas. Atlanta checked out early. Means little. Of course now Lucic will be suspended and Atlanta will come to play next week big time. Really stupid play the last 5 minutes. Just win the game and go home but the Bruins had to play up to their drunken fan base which will never change............

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

It is only 1 game nash, but it was a good one.  Like every game, it's hard to pinpoint whether the winner won it...or the loser, lost it.  Guess that's a glass half full/half empty scenario.  
    What can't logically be argued...is that the B's played with a heightened sense of urgency, and passion, and I'm not taking into account whatsoever...the scraps.  It's incredibly easy to see if a team really "wants it".  Last nite they did, and if they want it with more regularity, anything is possible in the post season.
    Two elements of last nites game hi-lite some of my recent rants.  To those that feel Clod implements a lifeless, uninspired system....do you really think the boys decided to ignore everything he's said and done, and do it their way for a change?
    I certainly don't.  I'd be really surprised if the guys were admonished for sticking up for each other....playing with emotion, instead playing like robots.  It's unfortunate that Lucic may have to watch one, but it's not the end of the world.

The other thing is Thorton, and the 4th line.  This teams 4th line has exceeded expectation all year.  I feel with Marchand, it may be one of the best 4th lines in the game.  The kicker is to understand that.  I'm not saying "line", I'm saying 4th line.  The responsibilities, and potential of any teams 4th line needs to be examined logically..., not compared to other teams top lines.
    If Thorton scores 10, and continues to do all the dirty work on demand, you can bet your last dollar 29 other teams will be anxious to ante up much more than the Bruins are paying him now... for services in 11/12.
    He's a small cog in the wheel, he's over delivering, and he's a bargain(which just happenns to be about 70% of the game nowdays)
    Time to get off his back.

Merry Christmas everyone.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Now thas what I'm talking about!:
    [QUOTE]No doubt the coaching needs a change, but I don't think that's going to magically fix what's wrong with this team. There is a fundamental truth that this roster is simply not as good top to bottom as many think it is. TTB. I can't fully agree with this. I can't because we haven't seen this team at it's best yet! Even the 8-1 thrashing of the Bolts didn't show it. I hate bringing this up again because it's becoming old hat. That Dallas game from 2 seasons ago is a COMPLETE hockey team. That team did e-thing that a great team does. From top to bottom. From the goalie to the forwards. With the exception of Hnidy all those players that were involved ARE still on this hockey team. That team had it all & did it all! There's no excuse & no reason that this team lost that gumption, that drive & determination. The players just have to WANT it! They didn't need CJ to tell them what to do! They saw what was going on & made a statement & said "Naw, naw! Not on my watch & not in this house boy!" What's missing from this team is NOT talent! They don't need to be Detroit, Washington, Pittsburgh or Chicago! They just need to be Boston! I posted this in another thread the other nite! I copied it because this is what I was talking about. This team when it plays BRUINS hockey can dominate any team in the league! IF they can show this? I don't care who they have as a coach! As long as they show a compete level & standup for one another & actually act like a team! If they play their hearts out & lose that's one thing, but to lose by playing with their tail between their legs is another kettle of fish. This team can WIN IT ALL! They have the talent. I know one game doesn't make, or break a season, but a few statements like they did tonite certainly can. The only problem is it took over two seasons to make another one. The postive side is we can finally use another example beside the Dallas one to use.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Well, Nitemare38, all I can say is I sincerely hope you;re right and I'm wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed last night's game and loved the way they played.

But being the resident 'glass half empty guy', I look at it and say 'well, that's one game; they're still in 8th place, and I'm worried about the road trip.' Hey, someone's gotta counterbalance all the positive thinking around here ;-)

In all seriousness, though, i tend to agree with NAS's assessment: They need to add another true sniper/goalscorer winger and a D-man who can really provide some offensive help to be the kind of team we saw last night on a consistent basis and into a true Stanley Cup run.

Again--I'd rather you be right and me wrong on this.

Merry Xmas and let's hope for a Stanley Cup Bruins victory in the New Year!

Best,
    TTBI

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

The 4th line won the game. That will only encourage Clod to play them more. That's NOT good. Yeah Bergeron got a lucky shorty and they finally scored a PP goal. But honestly if Thornton can get two why can't Krejci, Horton or Savard get a couple. Savard looked half way decent with Horton so that's encouraging but Bergeron and Krejci's lines just don't produce. I really don't think Clod is the guy to fix it either. Now Lucic will be suspended and Clod will play ther 4th line 20 minutes. The 4th line lost the Buf and Mon games with dumb plays/penalties. It's a double edge sword when you play them alot

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Now thas what I'm talking about!:
    [QUOTE]The 4th line won the game. That will only encourage Clod to play them more. That's NOT good. Yeah Bergeron got a lucky shorty and they finally scored a PP goal. But honestly if Thornton can get two why can't Krejci, Horton or Savard get a couple. Savard looked half way decent with Horton so that's encouraging but Bergeron and Krejci's lines just don't produce. I really don't think Clod is the guy to fix it either. Now Lucic will be suspended and Clod will play ther 4th line 20 minutes. The 4th line lost the Buf and Mon games with dumb plays/penalties. It's a double edge sword when you play them alot
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

Hope you're wrong nash, but i can't say i don't share a bit of your concern.  The 4th line needs to get 4th line minutes.
    As for the so called scorers, it's generally accepted that when they score, they're playing well.  That's not neccessarily the truth though.  They can play well and not score.  Last nite they played well.  Pretty much everyone is a bit streaky, and teams that get a lot of wins also have a bit of luck, in that when one player is snake bitten, someone else chips in.  Hopefully, the team will continue to play hungry, if they do, the big dogs will get their points.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

calm down die hards.  ONE GAME.  If history proves anything, they will come back to earth soon enough.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

We need half full/half empty discussion to make these boards interesting.  Enjoy reading your thoughts TryTo.
    The Bruins are 2 points out of 3rd in the conference with 2 games in hand.  They're going on the road for 5 games.  They play better on the road than they do at home.
    Things aint lookin bad.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I know it's only one game. However, I feel it's very hypocrital of me to scream bloody murder when they play like a bunch of stiffs; then when they do play well I say nothing. I don't work that way! I believe great play should be acknowleged moreso than critism.This is the type of team that I Love! Call me old school if you want. When I see the Bruins play this way. I get excited & want to see it continue. Do I expect this team not to have a bad game the rest of the season? NEVER. Do I expect every game to be with these kind of line brawls? No. I just want to see more of a consistent effort of being a full grown Bruin, then a new born cub! They've shown both.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Now thas what I'm talking about! : Well, Nitemare38, all I can say is I sincerely hope you;re right and I'm wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed last night's game and loved the way they played. But being the resident 'glass half empty guy', I look at it and say 'well, that's one game; they're still in 8th place, and I'm worried about the road trip.' Hey, someone's gotta counterbalance all the positive thinking around here ;-) In all seriousness, though, i tend to agree with NAS's assessment: They need to add another true sniper/goalscorer winger and a D-man who can really provide some offensive help to be the kind of team we saw last night on a consistent basis and into a true Stanley Cup run. Again--I'd rather you be right and me wrong on this. Merry Xmas and let's hope for a Stanley Cup Bruins victory in the New Year! Best, TTBI
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    Last night they played like I always say they're capable of.As you've stated it's only one game but if they continue playing like that would it change what you think they might be capable of?Offensive chances created by all 4 lines.The D played solid and TT was able to win without having to be spectacular(he played well but it's nice to see him finally have an easier game).We'll have to wait and see if they keep up the effort but,if so,I think this team is going in the right direction.Cheers and Merry Christmas TTBI.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now thas what I'm talking about! : Last night they played like I always say they're capable of.As you've stated it's only one game but if they continue playing like that would it change what you think they might be capable of?Offensive chances created by all 4 lines.The D played solid and TT was able to win without having to be spectacular(he played well but it's nice to see him finally have an easier game).We'll have to wait and see if they keep up the effort but,if so,I think this team is going in the right direction.Cheers and Merry Christmas TTBI.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Hey, if they can turn in a consistent effort like last night's v. Atlanta against the rest of the league the rest of the way I will absolutely change my tune. I agree the best thing about this may have been watching TT have just an ordinary work-load instead of having to fly all over the place like Superman to save the game.

Fantastic effort by all lines (I even found myself praising Paille, which seemed so odd I had to see if I was dreaming or not), but it is only one game that they clearly were revved up for after taking a ton of (deserved) abuse in the media for the better part of the week.

It really will be fascinating to see if in fact they can generate that kind of effort AND success in the 2nd half of the season and (hopefully) into the playoffs. For example: Ryder scores a real nice goal on a great shot (overloooked w/all the hub-bub w/Thornton, etc.) and I ask myself "isn't that the guy I was glad they signed 2 years ago?"....but too often he'll do that for a game and disappear for the next 7, and I think "nope--he's just good for a pretty goal now and again"....I dunno....it's a head scratcher.

anyway, I sure as heck hope you and Nitemare38 and the other more true believers are right...Merry Xmas to you as well, and Go Bruins!

TTBI

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

82 games on the schedule; it's a war of a attrition, and as long as the B's can stay healthy they will secure a playoff spot and have a chance to do something in the post season. This team has the talent.......just depends on whether it shows up when it needs to.

Enjoyed the game, but I know the B's can't play that way every game with the length of the schedule they have.