Now this made me laugh from coach Therrien. Good ol' propaganda !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Now this made me laugh from coach Therrien. Good ol' propaganda !

What next the Habs organization will fly over the arena's and throw propaganda pamphlets about this ?

http://www.boston.com/blogs/sports/hockey/bruins/bruinsdaily/2014/05/logic_disproves_michel_therrie.html

I guess the Bruins are not that good at influencing the refs getting the least amount of PP chances for 2-3 years in both the regular season and the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Now this made me laugh from coach Therrien. Good ol' propaganda !

Yeah,maybe Michel should give CJ some tips,thats funny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Bull Therrien is trying to get any edge he can because he knows the sHabs are no match for the B'S at even strength....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

At least that is decent reporting.  What do I see in Boston.com?

This article:

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/massarotti/2014/05/as_krejci_labors_is_nathan_hor.html

This might as well have been written by someone from Bleacher Report.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It's just so Habesce.

They win Game 1 with a goal on their second powerplay in overtime.

After the first two games, they have 4 more powerplays than the Bruins.

They dispatched the Lightning in a convincing sweep, but all voices in the hockey world acknowledge that the Habs received some very fortunate officiating in that series.

Yet, after their first loss of the 2014 playoffs, where they gave up 4 goals in the last 9 minutes (three even strength), what do you do?  

Complain about the officiating.

Like I've said before, this team is obsessed with the officials and desperate not to play 5-on-5 hockey.

Classic Habs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's just so Habesce.

They dispatched the Lightning in a convincing sweep, but all voices in the hockey world acknowledge that the Habs received some very fortunate officiating in that series.

Yet, after their first loss of the 2014 playoffs, where they gave up 4 goals in the last 9 minutes (three even strength), what do you do?  

Like I've said before, this team is obsessed with the officials and desperate not to play 5-on-5 hockey.

Classic Habs.

[/QUOTE]

all 5 goals the B's scored were at even strength,the last one into an empty net.Good post Fletch and the part about 5 on 5 play says it all,if the rest of the series were played at even strength the Bruins would win in 5.Therrien knows that Montreal needs the PP's to stay close in the series.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Agree with DaysofOrr. Therrien is looking to put pressure on the refs to be quick with the whistle. Add the rabid 21,000 fans in the building to that and I could see the B's being in the box most of the night. Sigh.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree with DaysofOrr. Therrien is looking to put pressure on the refs to be quick with the whistle. Add the rabid 21,000 fans in the building to that and I could see the B's being in the box most of the night. Sigh.....

[/QUOTE]

Is Therrien hoping quick post-play whistles might negate the Bruins from engaging his guys in after-whistle scrums?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's just so Habesce.

Classic Habs. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, you have said this a few times before and it is absolutely spot on. The only way the Habs can win is if they are constantly on the power play. The fact they don't want to play 5x5 is some seriously weak sauce. 

If you want to see some down votes go on to TSN and mention that in a comments box. It drives their fans nuts because, well...the truth hurts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I remember when he tried blaming Ftorek for the McLaren hit on Zednik, like old Robbie told McLaren to lay him out. Get real.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Is Therrien hoping quick post-play whistles might negate the Bruins from engaging his guys in after-whistle scrums?

Possible...I didn't think about it in that way. My thoughts were more in that every time a Bruin breathes on a Hab and he falls down the refs call a penalty. MTL make no secret of the fact a major component of their strategy is to draw penalties and I see Therrien's comments as an extension of this. It's also no secret they can't compete with the B's 5 on 5 and the first two games have proven this without a doubt.

Side note: Habs seem to be beefing up by adding Murray, White, and Moen again. Not sure this is smart for them. Seems they may be trying to "out-Bruin" the Bruins. With Murray out there I suggest the forwards keep their heads up, he was suspended twice this season for headshots.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am not into the referee bashing thang, but I can guarantee the Shabs will have a PP within the first five minutes of the game.  Certainly they will have a PP if the Bs are ahead at the end of the game.  9 to 5 in calls does not give Therrien the argument.  BTW Carey Price said the Bs were lucky in the second game! Amazing logic! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not into the referee bashing thang, but I can guarantee the Shabs will have a PP within the first five minutes of the game.  Certainly they will have a PP if the Bs are ahead at the end of the game.  9 to 5 in calls does not give Therrien the argument.  BTW Carey Price said the Bs were lucky in the second game! Amazing logic! 

[/QUOTE]

5 goals in a single playoff game....yeah, the Habs could do with that kind of luck.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Count on this,if a Bruin even breathe's on a Scab,the whistle will be out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

My feeling exactly, 50.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Therrien is a grunty old tool. His diving team makes a mockery of this great game. 

Habs home ice + clueless Hab fans + refs intimidated by morons = B's better work on their penalty kill every practice for the remainder of this series.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451348" rel="nofollow">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451348

The TSN story puts things in a bit of context - Therrien thinks he's responding to "jabs" by the Bruins?  CJ's comments about the reffing in game 2 anyway.  Apparently the perception is that Krug and Hamilton talking about beating Price high when there's traffic is all about sending a message through the media.

If the Bruins really are trying to "send a message", I'd have to agree with Price - not much of a grand analytical insight that you need traffic and to shoot high on, oh, every goaliel in the playoffs.

My favorite part is Therrien saying "we don't play that game" right after saying he thinks the Bruins get a way with a lot.

Are you not entertained?!?!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451348" rel="nofollow">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451348" rel="nofollow">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451348

The TSN story puts things in a bit of context - Therrien thinks he's responding to "jabs" by the Bruins?  CJ's comments about the reffing in game 2 anyway.  Apparently the perception is that Krug and Hamilton talking about beating Price high when there's traffic is all about sending a message through the media.

If the Bruins really are trying to "send a message", I'd have to agree with Price - not much of a grand analytical insight that you need traffic and to shoot high on, oh, every goaliel in the playoffs.

My favorite part is Therrien saying "we don't play that game" right after saying he thinks the Bruins get a way with a lot.

[/QUOTE]

Good stuff, book.  B's & Julien are in his head, that's good for the team.  Love this nugget..."Whatever comments they make on us, I'm not a coach that's going to start making comments the other way. It's never been my philosophy. I don't like that."  Other than responding in the media? 

Bad news is they are playing in Habs-ville with the worst officials in all of professional sports.

"It's the same thing with Claude. He's not happy with all that ‘crap,'" he said. "I thought they got away with a lot of things as far as I'm concerned, but they try and influence referees. That's the way they are. That's not going to change. That's the way they like to do their things. But for us, we're not paying attention to those things. We all know what they're trying to do but it doesn't affect us at all."

Therrien went on to say his team isn't going to focus on more retaliation through the media but rather to stay focused on their game plan on the ice.

"We want to play hard and honestly we all understand the discipline is really crucial," he said. "Whatever comments they make on us, I'm not a coach that's going to start making comments the other way. It's never been my philosophy. I don't like that. They can say whatever they want. It's their choice. But we know what we have to do to get success."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I'm surprised that among his complaints Therrien didn't mention the sniper in the  balcony who shot Emelin just as Caron's stick got within 3 inches of him. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451348" rel="nofollow">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451348" rel="nofollow">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451348

[/QUOTE]

Now I know where my wife gets the "denial bubble" she lives in... seems like it's in the water/air up there. Never mind that the entire hockey world knows that the Canadiens are divers, floppers, embellishers, and whiners... let's play the victim card and blame everyone else. Whatever helps get you through the day, mes amies.

If the Bruins just play their game and don't get caught up in the "crap" this series will be over pretty quickly. Montreal has one hope to win the series, and that's to do whatever they can to get PP opportunities.

But to be fair, I blame the league and not the Habs for this: diving and flopping works, else they wouldn't do it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Bruins have to tighten up on the PK.  The penalties aren't going away.  Refs are calling a tight playoffs thus far and it's not only this series.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Interesting Legion...the refs are calling it tight you are right about that. B's haters seem to chalk up the B's success in the playoffs the last few seasons on the refs "putting the whistle away" and letting the B's "goon it up." Yet, they are still doing pretty well so far in 2014 with refs being so anal. Go figure.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"Whatever comments they make on us, I'm not a coach that's going to start making comments the other way. It's never been my philosophy. I don't like that."

Translation: "The Bruins are a bunch of stinky poopy-heads and even if we got 10 power plays a night it would not be enough. The refs should allow us to beat them fair and square, 5 on 4"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I read somewhere that the officials tonight are Peel & Rooney,i don't know if thats good or bad.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I read somewhere that the officials tonight are Peel & Rooney,i don't know if thats good or bad.

[/QUOTE]

Those 2 are hated from every team. Just bad officials.  I expect PPs both ways.

Rooney is from Boston but goes out of his way to show his objectivity (like Shupe) . 

Sections
Shortcuts