Now what ??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Now what ??

Are we going to watch our team demolished game after game and just dont say nothing ??

I say Mr Chiarelli is falling asleep right now and need to make a move quick.....the lost of Seid is much more important than we think ...short term we can deal with it but this is not a short term injury and since Seid has been out the team doesnt look the same ....

before we talk about a trade let me make something clear here ...when ST and Kelly come back I hope they keep Matt Fraser he is getting there I would keep him on the 4th

FAT-Ingila-Krejci

March-Bergeron-Smith

Erickson-Yeti-Spooner

Campbell-Paille-Kelly-Fraser .....no room for ST

Now the trade...hope PC is working on something ...Caron has to go why not package Caron-Subban and Kelly for a solid D ???   What do you think guys ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Re: Now what ??

I don't know about you Stanley, but I'm going to take it easy, watch the remaining games and wait for the playoffs.

Why worry! PC and CJ and the rest of the Bruins know what to do and what has to be done. All we can do is talk and talk for nothing.

Sorry for your loss, Stanley. It's not easy to lose your one of your parents. I lost my Father six months ago. Keep strong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm with wheats - I'm just going to wait and see and enjoy whatever comes up and then see what happens in the playoffs. Every year for the last three years the Bruins have hit a slide around this time of year, and like clockwork the fans on here start to freak out. Yet 2 of those 3 years they went to the Finals. So I don't think there's any point in doing anything other than just taking the wait and see attitude.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It doesn't look good right now, at all, but we had this same conversation in 2011 and 2012, and 2013 through slumps.  I think when a team gets almost accustomed to long playoff runs every year, and then you also have the Olympics this year, you can expect mental fatigue, physical fatigue, and the corresponding slumps.  Add in the injuries, and this is hardly a surprise.  AHL callups are usually a short-term bandaid.

That said, I thought that last night's game was less about personnel and more about poor execution and effort.  Many times LA just blew through the neutral zone with literally no resistance.  The Bruins couldn't match speed, energy, execution or anything else.  I think in some ways the problem might be similar to what we are experiencing as fans -- don't things seem just a little boring in these mid-winter months?  Anyone else having trouble getting very excited about watching these games?

The Bruins are in the same position they have been for 4/5 years now.  Playoff bound.  Same coach, same system, mostly the same core players.  January hockey...yawn...

I think they're having trouble finding the top gear adrenaline and energy right now, and as a viewer, I'm experiencing the same thing.  Bring on the Olympics, bring on the trade deadline, bring on meaningful spring hockey.

As for the present, I hope Julien can find a way to win enough January games to stay put in the standings.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Good to here from you Stanley I missed you,not panicked yet although loosing Sied is a huge loss,and Bruins are definetly going to have to find someone to try to replace him,isn't comming from within the org although not sure what there doing with Miller think he has played in 1 game since he came back and that was for less than 10 min

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'm not worried about the Bruins. They're a play-off team & that's when it counts. Every year we go thru the samething. Losing streak means DOOM! Not even remotely true when it comes to this team. They know what's expected, they know what needs to be done. It's up to us fans to keep the faith. One of my buddies said the other day. "But they're not coming back after being down 3-0 like they did last year." I said I hope they don't do it all season, because that means they'll be due for a couple in the play-offs. Lets all just chill a bit. The Bruins will be fine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Every year the B's have a tough stretch. It's hear now and it's accompanied with injuries. Getting Eriksson back will be a huge help. I dont expect him to produce right away, but at least getting back on track.

Just get Tuuka back in form.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Way to early to panic, the season is long and your going to have some tough stretches.  This is the stretch where the B's find out what they have and what they need.  They'll be fine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Their having a tough stretch against the class of the west, i'm not surprised, i wanted a better result but i'm not shocked about losing to Asshine & LA, i'll hope for a better result against San Jose but won't be surprised again if they lose. In both games against the Ducks and Kings there were stretches where the B's looked really good split up with bone headed plays, bad passing,indecision with the puck and shaky goaltending, which happens to all good teams at some point of the season. Can this be corrected? Of course and i'm sure it will, its an 82 game sched and the B's are still 2nd in the East. Maybe there will be a trade,maybe there won't, but the ups & downs of a season are to be expected and thankfully the ups far outweigh the downs. After the trade deadline and hopefully the Bruins are through the injury bug, we can see what this team can really do come playoff time and be thankful the next time they have to play a team from the West it won't be until the SCF's. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I have to disagree with some of you who  think this is just another traditional time of year the Bs go in a funk. Losing seids they have lost there best defensive defensman, there best shot blocker and a high minute per game player. If you compare compete level from this year to last and the last before that, there missing it in Marchand who seems to have less balance, why is that ? Iginla shows up now and then but so does lucic, I feel for Krecji most games. The undersized krug may excite us with his offensive ability but hs loses alot of defensive zone battles. I can go on an on but the main concern is losing Seids, you could pair a less expereince D man with him that is done the same with chara, but now they have to be paired with boychuk and mcquaid,  basically 5th and 6th d men. Its not good. They have an issue up front and in the back end that needs to be dealt with, otherwise get use to 500 hockey.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I=Wally I think every fan on here will agree with you on Seidenberg, but I think most of us expect a replacement of some sort to be brought in. Then we'll see what happens. Nothing we as fans can really do but wait and see. Fretting is just going to drive us nuts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I=Wally I think every fan on here will agree with you on Seidenberg, but I think most of us expect a replacement of some sort to be brought in. Then we'll see what happens. Nothing we as fans can really do but wait and see.

[/QUOTE]

So True

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsFan-Hawaii. Show BsFan-Hawaii's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have to disagree with some of you who  think this is just another traditional time of year the Bs go in a funk. Losing seids they have lost there best defensive defensman, there best shot blocker and a high minute per game player. If you compare compete level from this year to last and the last before that, there missing it in Marchand who seems to have less balance, why is that ? Iginla shows up now and then but so does lucic, I feel for Krecji most games. The undersized krug may excite us with his offensive ability but hs loses alot of defensive zone battles. I can go on an on but the main concern is losing Seids, you could pair a less expereince D man with him that is done the same with chara, but now they have to be paired with boychuk and mcquaid,  basically 5th and 6th d men. Its not good. They have an issue up front and in the back end that needs to be dealt with, otherwise get use to 500 hockey.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty much agree with emphasis on Seids loss. Plus Marchy, Iggy and Looch being sporadic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsFan-Hawaii. Show BsFan-Hawaii's posts

Tough to see our team loose regardless.  They had an awesome drive in 1st period vs Ducks, Hiller robbed them, and in LA, goalie Quick robbed them too, on few shots. I think the Olympics are a distraction to the B’s; several key players bear heavy Olympic load on their shoulders. Then the weird spell of injuries;  especially Seid’s injury and Rask being “off” his game.  Got to get Rask back and big trade for a D man; the Olympics mean rest for some players which is good. I agree they go thru a slump every year…but this slump is more unusual.  Caron has to go.  There is a sparkle of hope with Spoons, Fraser, Flroek, and Soderberg picking up their game. Get 1st and 2nd lines moving legs and into scoring.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I'm worried a bit about Rask and Iginla, but I also feel that sometimes the team goes as Chara goes, decision- and energy-wise, and last night he seemed slower to think and move than usual.

Two times in first-period PKs he got the puck from the faceoff at the dot to the left of Rask.  Both times he moved back and then tried to slam the puck up the left boards and out.  Both times the puck was intercepted by LA because everyone was on that same side of the ice.  He didn't consider any other options.  He could have taken the puck behind the net and fired it cleanly down the ice, but he seemed to be on automatic pilot.

I'm not saying he's a bad guy -- he's a great defenseman.  But maybe he's a bit overworked becdause of Seids.  And he does have a trendency to make lazy plays sometimes.  I think he sets the tone more often than we give him credit for.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Stop cruisin around the city with your windows open Fletch LoL

Haven't you read last nights game thread ?...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

I think the Olympic break will do the B's a lot of good. Panic after February.

I think we should go after Girardi. He is big and strong and Chara should be taken off the screen on the PP. He cannot quickly pick up pucks in his feet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stop cruisin around the city with your windows open Fletch LoL

Haven't you read last nights game thread ?...

[/QUOTE]

Ha, no I missed it (will check now). 

Spent the night at a Taco Bell staring at the wall and eating nachos...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Bruins lost 3 of their last 4 games.....meanwhile in PC's office.....(Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bruins lost 3 of their last 4 games.....meanwhile in PC's office.....(Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

[/QUOTE]

All different players in the Bruins lineup since last June.....................Iginla, Smith, Erikkson, Johnson, Miller, Spooner, Soderberg, etc

Meanwhile, Stanley still waiting for the call from PC.......................(Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Why do they need to make trades every time they lose a game?  How is that a rational approach to managing a team.

I think this team is one of the most resilient that they've had.

Anybody got stats on come from behind wins this year?  Or how many shots on net they  get when behind in the 3rd period?  I don't have the stats at hand, but it seems to me that they are more likely to come back in the 3rd this year more than any other, including the cup year.

They certainly poured it on last night after the Leafs goal in the 3rd.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why do they need to make trades every time they lose a game?  How is that a rational approach to managing a team.

[/QUOTE]

No need to go any further. Being rational is the answer.

The Mike Milbury way of improving a team is not the answer. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I've said before, Seidenberg is one of my all time favorite Bruins.  I like the fact he's an honest, hard working player.  I like that he's a bargain.  I like that he's modest, and I like that he's tough.

Having said that, I think his absence is a little over rated here.  Sure, he's missed, but on a team this good, one player shouldn't make that much difference.  As much as I like him, it just doesn't seem reasonable that the Bruins potential for success rests that heavily on his shoulders.

I think it's coincidence that the B's are losing more regularly since his injury.  They'll find a stay at home D-man sometime before the playoffs to help out.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

People just get shut up and be patient until the playoffs when the Bruins turn it up a notch?

Sections
Shortcuts