Now....can we repeat next year????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

Now....can we repeat next year????

i think we can go deep again if Chia makes the right moves and not overpay for any players. Your thoughts???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Re: Now....can we repeat next year????

I think so too, and something key is to resign Ryder at a reasonable price as a 3rd line guy, Ryder-willing. Drop Kaberle, work with Kampfer. On top of that we have all kinds of space to work with.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It's been 26 hours since we won the Cup. Can't we just enjoy it for a bit?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

awww...cant we speculate mom???...your no fun...LOL...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Dont see why not. Only Roster spot we are losing is Recchi, others can be resigned and stay under cap. And with the experience of winning under thier belt, they can only be better. not to mention rooks like Seguin, Marchand, and the others getting better with experience. Only issue will be the super short off season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

good points.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I am going t say yes because StanleyCupBruins has said they will win 3 and a row so that means the next 2 are ours as well lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jontarbox. Show jontarbox's posts

With the core of this team still being pretty young,I think they have a shot,Bergeron is 25,Lucic,Marchand Krejci,Mquaid,Seguin,Rask all under 25 , Horton mid twenties?,Seidenberg 29.You've lost Recchi, and most likely Kaberle and Ryder,which frees up some money where you can go out and sign some solid players ,you also have the #9 pick in next weeks draft maybe they get lucky and whomever the pick is contributes next year or they flip the pick for a solid player.I do think they have a real shot to repeat but I agree with davecarr that short offeason is gonna be tough

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Sure...
    Recchi is done and possibly Savard too. Horton will be back but Marchand becomes a RFA, so he will need a bump. Kaberle & Ryder should be gone unless we can resign them for cheap and maybe lessen their role/ice time. So maybe the B's draft a puck moving defensemen -or- sign Ehrhoff (and pair him with fellow German Seidenberg) and draft a sniper and then why not?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Now....can we repeat next year????:
    [QUOTE]i think we can go deep again if Chia makes the right moves and not overpay for any players. Your thoughts???
    Posted by bruinsfan4778[/QUOTE]
    Are you kidding me ???? Where have you been all year ??? Just read my signature...I've been saying it all year long ...now read my lips ...
    Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    St
    anley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    St
    St
    St
    St

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

It will be very difficult, with personnel moves pending and other teams getting healthy (Pittsburgh), to repeat.  It was a bit of a perfect storm for the Bruins this year, but hey, they beat the "best" team in hockey on their ice to win the cup, so anything is possible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Yes.

However, it's not a coincidence that nobody has repeated since 97 and 98. To win the Stanley Cup, a team has to be in the top 1/4 of the league, stay relatively healthy, and get some breaks and bounces during the 4 playoff rounds.  (Not just the Bruins...this goes for pretty much every team that's won the Cup in the modern NHL)

The Bruins will certainly be among the top 1/4 of the league. The rest of it, we'll see.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I think they should make a run at Laich or Jokinen, 2 real solid players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah.  I've been arguing that Chiarelli is a genius for three years:

A Stanley Cup sandwiched between two top 10 draft picks, almost the whole team is already re-signed for next year, a strong crop of prospects hungry for jobs, and all of this while being well below the salary cap??!!  Are you kidding me??

No guarantee they will stay as healthy as this year though, they were very fortunate in that regard throughout the playoffs.

But the pieces remain in place...with more talent coming...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

A repeat is sure possible next year.
    The futures looks really good now. But there'll be plenty of competition around the league. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Now....can we repeat next year????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now....can we repeat next year???? : Well, you look good now saying it!  haha The Cup proves his plan worked, so that's all that matters. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I know, an overtime goal from Montreal and things don't look quite so good...

But if you look at the way Chicago had to dismantle after winning last year, the difference is glaring.  Boston could be at the beginning of a long run of excellence here.  Goaltending will be a question, as it really can't possibly remain where it was for this season, but otherwise the architecture of this team is pretty exceptional, and it wasn't a "Stanley Cup or bust" effort for 2011 by any means.  The pieces remain in place.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

I can't understand how everyone thinks Kampfer can slide in and be as good as Kaberle was in the finals.He's a great prospect played very well at times but at this point is nowhere near the player Kaberel is .He will certainly challenge for the 5th or 6th spot next year but if the B's don't resign Kaberle they have to replace him with someone good enough to take the heat off Chara and Seidenberg . 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

This is the hardest sport to repeat in, the injuries, the wierd bounces, lady luck. But do we have the talent? Yup, sure do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Completely agree Boston is in much better position than Chicago. Or Vancouver. It definitley has to do with Chia's overall handling of the trades in particular and the draft picks ascending, even going as far back as Bergeron and his acension now into a Lehtonen type two way gem of a player. You have to draft or acaquire talent with upside in order to keep costs down. Then, try to lock them down so you can get them at or under market long term. Chia has a chance to keep mirroring what Belichick does. I was critical of Chia overall because I felt he was running out of time without making a legit, deep Cup run and I applauded the aggressivenes at the deadline. One part of me is beyond delighted, the other wants to punch Jacobs in the face. heh
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

And one more little gem about winning a championship:  The 1st round pick that we sent to Toronto (amid some outcry here) is now waaaaaay back at #30 overall.  We pick again at #40, which is almost the same thing at that stage.

For the 1000th time, just forget about Jacobs my friend.  Somewhere after anger and despair comes the acceptance phase.  And nothings aides your transition into acceptance like a Stanley Cup.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I want to see the new young talent get their chance to learn and get some of the positions. As much as Ryder was a HUGE part of the win, time to cut ties. Recchi is gone, so at least 2 positions will be up for grabs.

Jared Knight
    This year's #9
    Jaron Caron
    etc...

So, it might be a little tougher to get back. And Syd will be back. He is the Man, so that makes Pitts a serious contender. As long as the schabs don't do anything, I'm okay with that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]Yes. However, it's not a coincidence that nobody has repeated since 97 and 98. To win the Stanley Cup, a team has to be in the top 1/4 of the league, stay relatively healthy, and get some breaks and bounces during the 4 playoff rounds.  (Not just the Bruins...this goes for pretty much every team that's won the Cup in the modern NHL) The Bruins will certainly be among the top 1/4 of the league. The rest of it, we'll see.....
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]
    You forgot the single most important thing needed to win the cup. Unfortunately it's the one thing you can't count on. The hot goalie.

Sections
Shortcuts