Nugent-Hopkins contract

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Nugent-Hopkins contract

42 mil for 7 years for a guy that has 22 career goals in 102 games.......yikes

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Nugent-Hopkins contract

In response to mxt's comment:

42 mil for 7 years for a guy that has 22 career goals in 102 games.......yikes

Hes never been a goal scorer.  They are trying to keep the core group.  Id be more worried about how fragile he is.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You probably want to lock up a young #1 center, and $6 million/per isn't so bad.  

Maybe a little premature, but if he has a big year this season, it would be even worse.  I don't think this will look too bad down the road.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He's a 20 year-old playmaker who has averaged .75 points a game so far and is +1 on one of the worst defensive teams in the league. This is paying for the future and $6 million a year compares favourably to other recent signings for young players - Kane, Couture, Hall, Skinner and Eberle will all be making $6 million in 2014-2015.

Take particular note of Hall and Eberle - notice a pattern?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Must make PK Subban even more mad about having to settle for a bridge contract. RNH hasn't done anything yet, so I can see many more headaches coming Edmonton's way when other contracts are due up. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I would easily pay that for the Nuge.  As long as he stays healthy, one of the best young talents inthe game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He's the kind of talented player I would expect to see up there with Crosby,Ovechkin and Stamkos in the league leader departments. Disgusting skill set, hopefully he can stay healthy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sure wish we could have watched a player like that in Boston instead of Dr. Drunky Dirty, the King of the Galavant.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I think he's the Danny Amendola of hockey.  Contract is okay, he just gets injured too often.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to red75's comment:

He's a 20 year-old playmaker who has averaged .75 points a game so far and is +1 on one of the worst defensive teams in the league. This is paying for the future and $6 million a year compares favourably to other recent signings for young players - Kane, Couture, Hall, Skinner and Eberle will all be making $6 million in 2014-2015.

Take particular note of Hall and Eberle - notice a pattern?

Red - The only pattern I've noticed recently is that they miss the playoffs every year despite lots of young talent. Maybe this is the year. Ference was a great signing for them and should really help this group.