NYI not tolling Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

NYI not tolling Thomas

Not a big suprise but I was hoping they would so we could get the 2nd round pick. Now that he will be a UFA, any guesses where he ends up if he does in fact play?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Re: NYI not tolling Thomas

Montreal needs a goalie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Leafs,Philly?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Nowhere.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nothing on the news wire yet. Snow wants to keep Nabokov or search for someone else ?

Oh wait silly me NYI has DiPeitro for 50 more years...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Vancouver anyone? he could sit next to Lou and pump his tires all-day-long...LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I heard he signed a one way contract with the Idaho Unabombers

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Idaho has a nice shack waiting for him to move into.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Nowhere.

I'm sure there will be a team out there that will grossly overpay TT for a 2 yr deal.And he will listen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

He won't be signing with the Bruins.

I am concerned that he might figure out a way to sign with a Bruins rival.

OK, all my opinion, but I believe that scrambling style depends a lot on timing and getting a lot of shots and unless you're seeing lots of pucks at that level you could all of a sudden look really horrible.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he were to get lit up like a christmas tree on his NHL return.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Colorado.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Colorado.

I'd be curious as to what a goaler thinks about my assessment of scrambler type goalies.

I like as Khudo and think that if he could face a million shots, he'd get better.  If Rask were to have been injured on day 1, Khudo might have improved a lot, but that's another subject.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Nowhere.

I believe he will sign somewhere.  He wants to play in the Olympics for the US.  He would be a longshot to make the team is he was playing well in the NHL next year, and would pretty much have no shot if he continues to hold up in his bunker.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Nowhere.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Should Pittsburgh fall out to the B's and Vokoun plays less than stellar, I beleive he's on a one year deal. Can't see Fleury going back to Pitt, who knows. Perhaps Shero gives Thomas a call.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Colorado.

I'd be curious as to what a goaler thinks about my assessment of scrambler type goalies.

I like as Khudo and think that if he could face a million shots, he'd get better.  If Rask were to have been injured on day 1, Khudo might have improved a lot, but that's another subject.

I don't. I think you're way off. Timing is needed no matter what style you play. To compare Khudobin who's not an even a starter to a 4 time All-Star, 2 time Vezina, Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup winner is as dumb as it gets. You wanna talk serious then be serious about a comparison. Until then your assessment is nothing more than clouded judgement & using the fact you hate the guy & you only see him fail in his comeback, because that's what you're hoping for. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Colarado everyone thinks , But I think TT will end up in Philadelphia if he decides to come back. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Should Pittsburgh fall out to the B's and Vokoun plays less than stellar, I beleive he's on a one year deal. Can't see Fleury going back to Pitt, who knows. Perhaps Shero gives Thomas a call.

I think Vokoun will be back regardless, but you never know with Shero. Where you may see Thomas is in Philly, Det needs a backup for Howard, Calgary needs a goalie (2 1/2  hr flt from CO). Depending on how Giguere's teammates feel about his end of the season rant. He could be moved & TT comes in to help Varlamov. I know Roy loves TT never quit attitude. IF Miller leaves you could maybe see Buffalo being interested. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

Not a big suprise but I was hoping they would so we could get the 2nd round pick. Now that he will be a UFA, any guesses where he ends up if he does in fact play?

Funny thing is Snow was on NHL Radio a few wks ago & said they defineately were interested in signing Timmy. Said he spoke to Zito, but not Thomas directly & would like to before he committed to anything. Guess he spoke to Thomas directly. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I would be pretty surprised if anyone picked him up. 

Pros:  Really good goalie

Cons:  Total whackjob*, old, expensive

*All goalies are whackjobs (see:  nite, Kel et al) but he's The Whackjob of Goalies.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I would be pretty surprised if anyone picked him up. 

Pros:  Really good goalie

Cons:  Total whackjob*, old, expensive

*All goalies are whackjobs (see:  nite, Kel et al) but he's The Whackjob of Goalies.

That he is! But I don't think he'd be that expensive taking a yr off the way he did. If he gets more than 2.5 I'd be shocked! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I know what happens when people doubt Thomas, BUT, he is what 38, 39 next year, and has spent a year doing nothing. I can not imagine he will be able to just pop back in the NHL without missing a beat. You dont get sharper by doing nothing when you are nearing 40.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to MDsizzle's comment:

I know what happens when people doubt Thomas, BUT, he is what 38, 39 next year, and has spent a year doing nothing. I can not imagine he will be able to just pop back in the NHL without missing a beat. You dont get sharper by doing nothing when you are nearing 40.

Now MD. As much as a whack job the guy is. Do you actually think he did NOTHING for a year & expects to come back & even think about making team USA? Really think about something before you type! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

If he's really serious about playing next year(NHL), I don't feel he'll have any problem whatsoever,  finding employment.  Plus, I'd be shocked if he doesn't have to sift through a few pretty good offers before deciding.