NYI not tolling Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: NYI not tolling Thomas

In response to stevegm's comment:

If he's really serious about playing next year(NHL), I don't feel he'll have any problem whatsoever,  finding employment.  Plus, I'd be shocked if he doesn't have to sift through a few pretty good offers before deciding.

I think he was serious when he said he would come back in time to play in the Olympics. Now that he may find difficult.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

If he's really serious about playing next year(NHL), I don't feel he'll have any problem whatsoever,  finding employment.  Plus, I'd be shocked if he doesn't have to sift through a few pretty good offers before deciding.

I think he was serious when he said he would come back in time to play in the Olympics. Now that he may find difficult.

Especially with the likes of American goalies Quick, Miller and Craig Anderson out there. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Especially with the likes of American goalies Quick, Miller and Craig Anderson out there. 

That is true, but i just cant see USA hockey putting him on the squad after all his political comments.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I agree he will have more than a few as well. The GM that puts inquiries into Zito won't have to worry about Thomas sitting out because he won't be offered a long time contract. He could help teams that are right on the edge of getting into the playoffs like Colombus or Florida.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

He will want beaucoup bucks!  Not happening in the Cap world of 2013-14.  He will be signed as a goalie late in the year by a playoff dreaming team in need of a goalie.  Meanwhile he will be doing Yoga and Pilates to keep his old bones and muscles in hockey shape while living in his self imposed shrine in Colorado.  I still say thanks TT for helping the Bs win the Cup 2011.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

if he gets picked up, it will be by a nothing team, for nothing money. he has a reputation as a bad guy, and a cancer. He has the reputation of someone whose teammates hate him. Make no mistake about it, the bruins tried to trade him, many many times, they couldn't get anywhere close to value. I don't think he'll get more than a million from a team like phoenix

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

if he gets picked up, it will be by a nothing team, for nothing money. he has a reputation as a bad guy, and a cancer. He has the reputation of someone whose teammates hate him. Make no mistake about it, the bruins tried to trade him, many many times, they couldn't get anywhere close to value. I don't think he'll get more than a million from a team like phoenix

Source? Links? Or are u pulling a Pet Detective & speaking out where you need toilet paper everytime something comes out of it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Howard?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Source? Links? Or are u pulling a Pet Detective & speaking out where you need toilet paper everytime something comes out of it?

I mentioned this before, and I'm guessing most won't believe me but I know a guy who worked VERY closely with Zito and knew Thomas well. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Howard?

Totally overlooked him, nite.  Good catch.  Just goes to show how deep the U. S. is in goal.  Buona Fortuna to Thomas trying to crack that group. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

That is true, but i just cant see USA hockey putting him on the squad after all his political comments.

True.  Not that his inclusion would automatically mean he'd spout off as soon as a mic would be in front of his mouth but perhaps the American hockey brass wouldn't want to risk that chance or the kind of attention his presence may bring.  He's a figure of some dubious notoriety now. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I mentioned this before, and I'm guessing most won't believe me but I know a guy who worked VERY closely with Zito and knew Thomas well. 

Oh that's right & someone on here gave a link with an ACTUAL QUOTES from players rebutting your statemates! However, you continue to spill your nonsense with no "actual proof" just one of those... "I know a guy who's cousin's boyfriends sister said that her aunt's great grandmother's grandmother...." stories. Gotcha! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Howard?

Totally overlooked him, nite.  Good catch.  Just goes to show how deep the U. S. is in goal.  Buona Fortuna to Thomas trying to crack that group. 

Yep, hence the reason they will win gold! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I don't. I think you're way off. Timing is needed no matter what style you play. To compare Khudobin who's not an even a starter to a 4 time All-Star, 2 time Vezina, Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup winner is as dumb as it gets. You wanna talk serious then be serious about a comparison. Until then your assessment is nothing more than clouded judgement & using the fact you hate the guy & you only see him fail in his comeback, because that's what you're hoping for. 

OK, yes, you are correct at least in part, I don't actually hate him a la Cooke hate him, but I am reasonably strong in my political beliefs - and I hate (HATE!) when it's introduced into my sports and music.  When I watch or listen to either I don't want politics mixed in.  And as strong as I feel about politics I think boycotting the white house is over the top, I wouldn't have gone that far were it a conservative in the white house (point one) and point two is that the activities the TEAM does outweighs my personal choices.  I hate deep sea fishing, I think fishing is stupid, my college team went deep sea fishing - I went.

Also, I played tonight and my pick up goalies concur with you, doesn't matter what style, not playing a year will hurt your timing.  One of the goalers has frequently played in alumni games for whatever that's worth.

re: Khudo - only reason I brought him in is because he's the only other scrambler I know of.  Those of you who watch a lot more NHL than I do can probably name another.  I can't.  And I wanted to tip toward Stanley, because Khudo ain't going to be whatever Khudo can be unless he faces a ton of shots.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Oh that's right & someone on here gave a link with an ACTUAL QUOTES from players rebutting your statemates! However, you continue to spill your nonsense with no "actual proof" just one of those... "I know a guy who's cousin's boyfriends sister said that her aunt's great grandmother's grandmother...." stories. Gotcha! 

ya expect i talked to this guy yesterday and he was literally in on the negitions for Thomas last contract. He knows what he's talking about. I really have no reason to make up stuff to bad mouth thomas, if i wanted to insult his character i could just talk about what he has publically done.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I've heard this rumor *so* many times that I think there has to be some truth behind it - stuff like this doesn't come out of thin air

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I've heard this rumor *so* many times that I think there has to be some truth behind it - stuff like this doesn't come out of thin air

i feel like stanley saying this (ugh), but I actually have some very interesting, and very specific stories about Thomas and the Bruins. Message me if you're interested

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

i feel like stanley saying this (ugh), but I actually have some very interesting, and very specific stories about Thomas and the Bruins. Message me if you're interested

Honestly, he's done enough to tarnish the memory of his play.  Let it go.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I don't. I think you're way off. Timing is needed no matter what style you play. To compare Khudobin who's not an even a starter to a 4 time All-Star, 2 time Vezina, Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup winner is as dumb as it gets. You wanna talk serious then be serious about a comparison. Until then your assessment is nothing more than clouded judgement & using the fact you hate the guy & you only see him fail in his comeback, because that's what you're hoping for. 

OK, yes, you are correct at least in part, I don't actually hate him a la Cooke hate him, but I am reasonably strong in my political beliefs - and I hate (HATE!) when it's introduced into my sports and music.  When I watch or listen to either I don't want politics mixed in.  And as strong as I feel about politics I think boycotting the white house is over the top, I wouldn't have gone that far were it a conservative in the white house (point one) and point two is that the activities the TEAM does outweighs my personal choices.  I hate deep sea fishing, I think fishing is stupid, my college team went deep sea fishing - I went.

Also, I played tonight and my pick up goalies concur with you, doesn't matter what style, not playing a year will hurt your timing.  One of the goalers has frequently played in alumni games for whatever that's worth.

re: Khudo - only reason I brought him in is because he's the only other scrambler I know of.  Those of you who watch a lot more NHL than I do can probably name another.  I can't.  And I wanted to tip toward Stanley, because Khudo ain't going to be whatever Khudo can be unless he faces a ton of shots.

OK fair enough Badhab. At first when TT ditched the whitehouse thing I honestly didn't see it as a big deal. However, I'm not big on politics & honestly I vote for the individual who I think is the best for the job. I'm not set in stone to one party. Having said this I do understand how it bothered people. The thing that bothered me is how he used his FB page to go into his politcal rants. And after the white house ordeal he seemed to get worse even though he saw it was starting to become a distraction to him & the team. So, this is why I truly think this is part of the reason he went into hiding. He realized his mistake and I still also think he felt that he was trying to use his status to make a statement for those that can't. I think he was being unselfish to some, but very selfish to the ones that really mattered. This is why I think he's a whack job. If he wanted to share his views I think he should've had the decency to wait until those views wouldn't affect so many in a negative way. He should've shown the same kind of character of strength that he had to get to the top. And showed that strength to just keep his mouth shut until it didn't affect so many others in the process. Most of all unless there's something wrong in his immediate family he should've went thru his contractal obligations he had with the Bruins. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I agree he will have more than a few as well. The GM that puts inquiries into Zito won't have to worry about Thomas sitting out because he won't be offered a long time contract. He could help teams that are right on the edge of getting into the playoffs like Colombus or Florida.

Wouldn't you be surprised that Columbus would be looking at Thomas after the year Bobrovsky had ? I'm thinking they'd be one of the last teams looking for a goalie.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Florida is pinning it's future between the pipes on Markstrom.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

The Olympics could be the deciding factor.  TT would have to play lights out for the first couple months of next season, to ever even get consideration for a late roster spot.  If his focus is strictly the Olympics, and one more NHL season is merely training camp to that end.....he may consider the odds, and hang em up.

Based strictly on the NHL though, I think he'll have some opportunities, and despite the year off, one can't dismiss his resolve, when it looks like everyones given up on him.  If he plays next year....it's gonna be a year long story, that can only go 2 ways.  Comeback for the ages, or the stumblebum who threw it all away.  I can't help but think he knows that too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Has anyone see a link on this?  I find it strange that it isn't an NHL.com story or TSN.  I think it's odd given how stinky Nabokov was vs. the Pens (.842 save%?!?!) and that that team is probably a goalie away from being able to really compete in the playoffs.  If TT could give them one or two good years?  Take it.

Could mean they plan to be in on Luongo or something.  Leaf fans continue to think that they will eventually have Luongo as Vancouver looks to get out from under his contract, and that that will be their ticket next year.  The Isles are closer to that bar, if you ask me.

I still think this is a decision made recently and not at the time of the deal.  The deal's structure was set up around giving the Isles every chance to have TT play for them.  Maybe, as someone above mentioned, Snow finally talked with TT directly and got a message like "to be honest, if I don't make the Olympic team, I won't be that motivated."

As for TT himself, I don't think he has any interest in being a back-up.  He has to play and play a lot to be in the Olympic conversation, so he'd have to go to a team with very suspect goaltending.  The only teams I see as real fits are Colorado and Calgary...and the Isles who don't have a veteran under contract other than DiPietro.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I haven't seen any links on it, but I heard it on T&R this morning with Haggerty.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

From CBS Sports:  Islanders' Thomas Soon To Be UFA: The Islanders will not "toll" Tim Thomas' contract, TSN's Bob McKenzie reports.
    (Updated 5/30/13)