NYI not tolling Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: NYI not tolling Thomas

In response to red75's comment:

If you look at the States, Russia, Finland, and Sweden, all of them have surperior goaltending. Canada's about on par with the Czech's. Heck even the Swiss could potentially have goaltending that's just slightly worse than Canada's.

not debating this at the moment.  Funny thing with goalies is that hot one year ie miller or smith then not the next.  Price is on par with all the greats. Lou for as much as i dont like him has a better resume then anyone not named quick of that bunch.  If you have one goalie from that group that matches lou let me know who they are.  

how about the rest of the team?   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

How do you barely win.  A gold medal is a gold medal.  Our team is much deeper this year.  much much deeper.  Its going to be a young group with guys in their prime.  

OH comon Shupe! The game never should've gone to O.T & you know it. And with it being a single game knockout allowing goals like that can cause a lot of heartbreak. The Crosby goal wasn't a good one allowed by Miller either. So it still could've gone either way. Price didn't just have an off yr. He really hasn't developed the way he should be. He still has time, but I no longer put him in the upper tier of the league. He was at one point on the verge of becoming top 3-5, right now I'll be hard pressed to put him top 10.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Why wouldn't St. Louis make it? He at least deserves a look. You honestly think that Yzerman won't seriously consider putting him together with Stamkos on a line at the Olympics?

He didnt make it last time.  I doubt he makes it.  Again what other country has this problem?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Agreed, but I think goaltending is a bigger deal than you're making it out to be - I point to both Nagano and Turin as exhibits A and B.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Final 4 Canadian Team

crosby/kunitz/dupi

toews/sharp/iggy

bergie/seguin/brad

richards/carter/neal

letang/drew

keith/seabrook

regehr/mcq

crawford

lucic spare fwd

One guy in the most important position in an Olympic tournament & before this yr he wasn't even in the discussion. Half a season doesn't get you a spot on the Olympics. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

How do you barely win.  A gold medal is a gold medal.  Our team is much deeper this year.  much much deeper.  Its going to be a young group with guys in their prime.  

OH comon Shupe! The game never should've gone to O.T & you know it. And with it being a single game knockout allowing goals like that can cause a lot of heartbreak. The Crosby goal wasn't a good one allowed by Miller either. So it still could've gone either way. Price didn't just have an off yr. He really hasn't developed the way he should be. He still has time, but I no longer put him in the upper tier of the league. He was at one point on the verge of becoming top 3-5, right now I'll be hard pressed to put him top 10.

No. It shouldnt have.  You are right.  But gold medals are gold medals. We won!  Price had an off year yet his team was 2nd in his conference.  The years prior he was easily in the top 5 on a very bad team.  

Our team is much better then in 2010.  A team that didnt take stampkos the leagues best goal scorer.  Our team is young and full of allstars.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

If you look at the States, Russia, Finland, and Sweden, all of them have surperior goaltending. Canada's about on par with the Czech's. Heck even the Swiss could potentially have goaltending that's just slightly worse than Canada's.

not debating this at the moment.  Funny thing with goalies is that hot one year ie miller or smith then not the next.  Price is on par with all the greats. Lou for as much as i dont like him has a better resume then anyone not named quick of that bunch.  If you have one goalie from that group that matches lou let me know who they are.  

WT...F has Price EVER won! On par with the greats? WHAT!!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Final 4 Canadian Team

crosby/kunitz/dupi

toews/sharp/iggy

bergie/seguin/brad

richards/carter/neal

letang/drew

keith/seabrook

regehr/mcq

crawford

lucic spare fwd

One guy in the most important position in an Olympic tournament & before this yr he wasn't even in the discussion. Half a season doesn't get you a spot on the Olympics. 

Ok. Yet price is all of a sudden out?  This proves my pt for me.  Crawford has been outstanding.  And this is of the final 4.  Make any team of the final 4 that can compete against this.  Our top 4 dmen of this group all will be on canada.  As will the top 3 centers.  Possibly 4.  Our team is staaaaaaaaaaacked.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

What has any of the other goalies ever won?   Outside of quick?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

No. It shouldnt have.  You are right.  But gold medals are gold medals. We won!  Price had an off year yet his team was 2nd in his conference.  The years prior he was easily in the top 5 on a very bad team.  

Our team is much better then in 2010.  A team that didnt take stampkos the leagues best goal scorer.  Our team is young and full of allstars.  

I'm not arguing about team Canada's up front talent, but talent doesn't always help you win. I think the US is going to win gold, because where they may have some short comings they're goaltending depth is MORE than enough to cover it. They have a handful of goalies that are part of the elite in the game. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Lou- stanley cup finals, gold medal, outstanding stats every year. 

fleury- stanley cup, scf twice, gold medal(stinks now but is another example of how weird goalies are) 

brodeur- cant list them all

ward- stanley cup

outside of quick, smith crawford price have won exactly the same as all the other countries goalies.  Which is nothing.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'm not arguing about team Canada's up front talent, but talent doesn't always help you win. I think the US is going to win gold, because where they may have some short comings they're goaltending depth is MORE than enough to cover it. They have a handful of goalies that are part of the elite in the game. 

Who needs depth in net?  That comical.  You need one.  Miller did everything he could and then some for the us and they still didnt win.  Our "teams" depth is second to no one.  We have the best player in the world anchored by toews, stampkos, bergie, staals, taveres, perry, getz.  Our fwd depth is disgusting.  Our def depth is Disgusting.  Our goalies just need to be ok and we win easy.  

The usa team who i would cheer for 2nd has one advantage in net.  Their def is better but wont contain all we have and their fwds are lol compared to ours.  

Russia will be very good but they were last time and we saw what canada did to them.  Sweden is my darkhorse but again.  Cant match what we have and wont have nik.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I haven't seen any links on it, but I heard it on T&R this morning with Haggerty.

heard it there also this morning and they (I think Haggs) also said he's really out of shape, "he ballooned " is the exact description he gave .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Price is on par with all the greats.   

Canada has to be favored, but this statement is killing your argument.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Howard - Stanley Cup

Thomas - Stanley Cup

Schneider - U18 Gold

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Howard - Stanley Cup

Thomas - Stanley Cup

Schneider - U18 Gold

Are they playing fwd or def for them bc they arent playing ahead of quick. 

U18 gold made me giggle.  TT has one stanley cup.  Marty has more on his resume then all usa goalies combined and was in the scf last year.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Howard - Stanley Cup

Thomas - Stanley Cup

Crawford - Stanley Cup

Schneider - U18 Gold

Niemi.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

Miller- Vezina, Silver medal & Olympic MVP, Vezina runner up, Conference Finalist in 06 & 07, Olympic MVP, 

Lundqvist- Vezina, Vezina runner up, Conference Finalist. Gold Medalist, hart Trophy nominee, Ted Lindsay nominee. 

Rinne- 2 time Vezina Finalists, Vezina Runner Up

Price won a WJC & has never even been considered for any awards. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Price is on par with all the greats.   

Canada has to be favored, but this statement is killing your argument.

im talking the likes of pekka, king h, tukka, anderson etc etc. 

price if he plays like he did this year is easily enough for canada to win.  Why?  Bc drew, letang, peiterangelo, keith, pk, shea will be on the ice.  Girardi, del zotto, staal, boyle are just a few off the top of my head in case they need someone else.  

Quick is amazing.  Best goalie on the planet, id rather throw out crosby then toews, then bergie, then taveres, then giroux, then getz over watching anderson/howard/tt pat the players on the bum when they come off. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I haven't seen any links on it, but I heard it on T&R this morning with Haggerty.

heard it there also this morning and they (I think Haggs) also said he's really out of shape, "he ballooned " is the exact description he gave .

Well if that's the case he obviously changed his mind. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Miller- Vezina, Silver meda & Olympic MVPl, Vezina runner up, Conference Finalist in 06 & 07, Olympic MVP, 

Lundqvist- Vezina, Vezina runner up, Conference Finalist. Gold Medalist, hart Trophy nominee, Ted Lindsay nominee. 

Rinne- 2 time Vezina Finalists, Vezina Runner Up

Price won a WJC & has never even been considered for any awards. 

[/QUOTE]

So individual stats.  no team awards Outside a gold medal.  

lous resume is better then them all for someone who is seen as a goat.  

I will take our weak link in net and absolutely destroy any other position by listing our backup team.  quick is the best goalie in the world who had 16 canadians in front of him, tt was the best who had 17 canadians in front of him, niemi won with a chicago team loaded with canadians, pitt won with fluery.  

Canada won in 2010 with Lou and they left off guys who likely should have been there.  Ie st louis and the best scorer in the world.  Drew was a kid and now will anchor 2014.  A goalie can only stop so many shots before they get beat.  

i love our chances.  Its too bad we cant enter two teams.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Right 50 - he's also Canadian - my screw up

Shupe, you mention "all the other countries" so how about

Lungquist - Olympic gold

Niemi -Stanley Cup

Bryzgalov - WC

Nabokov - WC

Galimov - Two KHL titles

Enroth - WC

Rinne - WC

Pavelec - WC

Vokoun - WC, WJC

Neuvirth - WJC

These guys aren't exactly plugs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Schneider could be in the mix for the States as well.

After watching some of Corey's games this year, after being given the keys to Vancouver, I might let him carry some water for Quick and Howard.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Call it twice shy, Shupe, by I think red has you when she brings up past examples.  The roster disparity between the Czechs and the Canadians was greater than the difference between Canada and the other contenders today, and Hasek made that irrelevant (though it took a shootout).  Richter did it at the World Cup.  We've seen it many times...heck, even 1972...a great goalie can stymie the best of rosters.

Especially at a tournament like this.  Crosby w/ Dupuis & Kunitz works because they have familiarity and each plays his own game.  They can do that because they can all read off of one another.  Put Crosby on a line with Lucic and Nash for a season.  It would be like putting the current top line on some sort of steroid/nanotechnology mix - Nash a better version of Horton, and for all the respect I have for DK, Crosby a more dynamic and consistent superstar.  And Fat playing like he has the last few weeks?  Imagine what Crosby could do with all of the extra space and possessions he'd get with Fat on puck retrieval.  Give them time to develop chemistry and then make sure you have a cooler beside your chair, 'cause you don't want to miss anything.

But throw those three together at the Olympics?  I'm not sure the precision's there to really show what paper suggests.  Just not enough time.  Chemistry is far less of an issue for a goalie - yes, the D have to know his preferences etc, but a lights out goalie can be lights out with D he's never met before.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Right 50 - he's also Canadian - my screw up

Shupe, you mention "all the other countries" so how about

Lungquist - Olympic gold

Niemi -Stanley Cup

Bryzgalov - WC

Nabokov - WC

Galimov - Two KHL titles

Enroth - WC

Rinne - WC

Pavelec - WC

Vokoun - WC, WJC

Neuvirth - WJC

These guys aren't exactly plugs.

How many of these goalies are starters in the nhl?  And if we are gonna bring wc and wjc im bringing up major junior stats and minor hockey stats bc they mean the same to me.