NYR-WASH series THREAD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

NYR-WASH series THREAD

And you thought B's/Wash was a dud,what a snoozefest this game is.It took 26 mins before a NY forward got a shot on net and they had 4 shots on net in the 1st,all from the point.I don't see this series having any blowouts either.With the defence Wash has i still don't understand why this is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: NYR-WASH series THREAD

In Response to NYR-WASH series THREAD:
    And you thought B's/Wash was a dud,what a snoozefest this game is.It took 26 mins before a NY forward got a shot on net and they had 4 shots on net in the 1st,all from the point.I don't see this series having any blowouts either.With the defence Wash has i still don't understand why this is.
    Posted by 50belowzero

Rangers play the same game style as Washington,gonna be a real low scoring series,definetly not much fun to watch,i thought the NHL was trying to grt rid of the trap.it's like the Devils all over again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Yes the Rangers and Caps both form a box low in front of their goalie, the difference is the Rangfers do have a forecheck. They'll go with a 2man forecheck but the Caps are ridiculous,  no forecheck. 
    If the game is tied or they're ahead the Caps just wait for you.  It drove me crazy seeing the Bruins  D with the puck behind the net , move out from behind and still no pressure from the 1 Cap forward .

Kreider just scored,  this kid doesn't look out of place.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

OMG SOMEONE SCORED ON HOLTBY OMG OMG

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The honeymoon's over for Holtby. 2 weak goals in a row.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Yeah the Rangers scored on their 11th & 12th shots,low glove side and in front of the net.Maybe Holtby needs 45 shots to keep in the game,at least 35 from the blueline.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I'm watching this game without any attachment to the outcome and minus butterflies in my gut.  Can't help but notice how the Rangers follow through on almost every check.  They regularly take the body which is something I wished the Bruins did with more consistency.  Like you guys I'd imagine a 2-0 game in this series will be considered a blowout. :^)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: NYR-WASH series THREAD:
    I'm watching this game without any attachment to the outcome and minus butterflies in my gut.  Can't help but notice how the Rangers follow through on almost every check.  They regularly take the body which is something I wished the Bruins did with more consistency.  Like you guys I'd imagine a 2-0 game in this series will be considered a blowout. :^)
    Posted by RichHillOntario

That was my pet peeve watching round 1 too RHO. Too many Bruins peeling off instead of finishing every hit. Finishing checks is a key to winning a 7 game series.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: NYR-WASH series THREAD : That was my pet peeve watching round 1 too RHO. Too many Bruins peeling off instead of finishing every hit. Finishing checks is a key to winning a 7 game series.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Agreed.  I'd imagine continuous physical play helps to grind down a team.  That now tired refrain of being harder to play against rings hollow, eh buddy? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

An even bigger pet peeve for me during round 1 was a lack of anyone in front of the net to get the rebounds Holtby kept giving up.  The Rangers did a better job of crowding the net today and he didn't look nearly as confident.  Although instead of giving up juicy rebounds, he got distracted by the net presence, appeared to take his eye off the puck, and let in some softies.

Washington may have actually outplayed the Rangers in this game.  They hit 3 posts.  Not the type of luck they had last round.

The 2nd half of this game was pretty good, but the first period and a half was some of the most boring hockey I've ever seen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to NYR-WASH series THREAD:
    Posted by 50belowzero

Don't care what kind of a "fest" it is -- I need the Rangers to go down. The thought of me having to deal with these Ranger fans here in Jersey is a potential nightmare. Averyone is licking their chops with Vancouver, Detroit, Chicago, Bruins, Etc out already. This reeks of 1986 when 3 of the 1st place teams were upset in the first round and the 4th of the 1st place teams was also upset (Edmonton) in the 2nd round allowing the Habs a virtual cakewalk to another cup. Ranger fans even before todays game 1 win over the Caps are already planning the parade. Great timing for Holtby to come down to earth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to NYR-WASH series THREAD : Don't care what kind of a "fest" it is -- I need the Rangers to go down. The thought of me having to deal with these Ranger fans here in Jersey is a potential nightmare. Averyone is licking their chops with Vancouver, Detroit, Chicago, Bruins, Etc out already. This reeks of 1986 when 3 of the 1st place teams were upset in the first round and the 4th of the 1st place teams was also upset (Edmonton) in the 2nd round allowing the Habs a virtual cakewalk to another cup. Ranger fans even before todays game 1 win over the Caps are already planning the parade. Great timing for Holtby to come down to earth.
    Posted by zamboni24

Don't remind me of 86' or 93' for that matter, everything set up perfectly for the Habs as it only would for them.Man they make me ill.For the record i hope a team from the west wins it all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: NYR-WASH series THREAD : That was my pet peeve watching round 1 too RHO. Too many Bruins peeling off instead of finishing every hit. Finishing checks is a key to winning a 7 game series.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I saw a interview with Hamrlik after the Caps-NYR game and he said the Rangers were much harder on the forecheck than the B's were and it made a difference in how easy it was to get the puck out.I mean 45 shots on net as compared to 15 or so ,how good could the NYR forecheck be?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts