O, Patrice Bergeron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

O, Patrice Bergeron

At, 18 he was making better decisions, with and without the puck, than Joe Thornton. And he was more solid and balanced on his skates.

In his 8 years here, the only offensive threat he has played with was Brad Boyes (Marco Sturm, a little bit, and now Brad Marchand some). But he still puts up points and handles other parts of his game like a true professional.

We know the concussion held him back. Did Mark Recchi turn this guy into a monster competitor? Or was Recchi's influence negligible?

I hope I run into him later this summer when I'm up in his neck of the woods. There will be only two things I will do: 1- Call out his name, and 2- Shake his hand. Nothing more needs to be said or done. He is now the next Mr. Bruin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Re: O, Patrice Bergeron

U came and you brought us the Stanley!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He looked like a winner from day one.  One thing he always did, even as a rookie, was use the open ice hit to create turnovers.  He doesn't do it as often now, but I remember on great cross-body block on Vaclav Varada that got me up.  And, of course, there was the hit, steal, pass for the game winner on...Georges...in the year of the sweep.  Really enjoy watching him play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: O, Patrice Bergeron:
    [QUOTE]He looked like a winner from day one.  One thing he always did, even as a rookie, was use the open ice hit to create turnovers.  He doesn't do it as often now, but I remember on great cross-body block on Vaclav Varada that got me up.  And, of course, there was the hit, steal, pass for the game winner on...Georges...in the year of the sweep.  Really enjoy watching him play.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    For all the money wasted on Marty Lapointe, it should be recognized that Bergy credited Marty with helping him become the player he was as a rookie. I now think Lapointe's deal may have been worth it in the overall scheme of things......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Well said Dez...

Everytime Bergy mentions Marty Lapointe, he speaks so highly of him...

Must've been an integral veteran presence for him...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: O, Patrice Bergeron:[QUOTE]  And, of course, there was the hit, steal, pass for the game winner on...Georges...in the year of the sweep.  Really enjoy watching him play.Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

And Georges also had to yell at the Shab bench during those playoffs "Hey, Why didn't you tell me he was a lefty ?!"

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRgN0NYq1cY

"Concuss that!" Oh Jack U freak!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

I honestly thought while watching Bergie in his rookie year , the kid had the makings of a future Captain on this team. He had such an unreal two way game at 18 years of age....hard to believe he is only 25. I marvel at his ability in all 3 zones of the ice. Hope he retires as a Bruin!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]Well said Dez... Everytime Bergy mentions Marty Lapointe, he speaks so highly of him... Must've been an integral veteran presence for him...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]

I remember reading a story from his rookie year.
    Marty gave Bergy a place to stay so he didn't have to worry about finding a place and learning the city.  Helped him learn English and taught him about what's expected as a Bruin.  Marty has always said that Bergy had all the skills and that he didn't do much but help him get used to a new city and country.  Sometimes its the small stuff...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: O, Patrice Bergeron : For all the money wasted on Marty Lapointe, it should be recognized that Bergy credited Marty with helping him become the player he was as a rookie. I now think Lapointe's deal may have been worth it in the overall scheme of things......
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Great thought Dez.  I wasn't a fan of the contract either, or even really the player to be honest, but after hearing the help he gave Bergeron as a rookie, it definitely changes things.  Look for Patrice to have a huge year this year.  I'm thinking around 80 points should do it.  GO B's!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to O, Patrice Bergeron:
    [QUOTE]At, 18 he was making better decisions, with and without the puck, than Joe Thornton. And he was more solid and balanced on his skates. In his 8 years here, the only offensive threat he has played with was Brad Boyes (Marco Sturm, a little bit, and now Brad Marchand some). But he still puts up points and handles other parts of his game like a true professional. We know the concussion held him back. Did Mark Recchi turn this guy into a monster competitor? Or was Recchi's influence negligible? I hope I run into him later this summer when I'm up in his neck of the woods. There will be only two things I will do: 1- Call out his name, and 2- Shake his hand. Nothing more needs to be said or done. He is now the next Mr. Bruin.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    Many have posted before about the value of RECCHI based
    solely on statistics.I am very,very confident that Mark migrated towards BERGERON and passed his insight and experiences on winning to him.This should come as no surprise to anyone. Anyone that is, that has had the good fortune at some time in his or her workplace or profession to have this mentoring "outside of what the book may say." RECCHI gave to Patrice some of what was given to him by others, and you can rest assured BERGERON will continue that tradition now that he has reached this stage of development.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Wonder if it makes sense for Pouliot to be on that wing and see if Bergeron can get him going?

Patrice is by far my favorite player. He does something that has a positive impact on the game every single shift. Can't say that about many players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Wheats you are righht on. Bergeron is the epitome of what makes a great player. just ask Yzerman. We all read how he asked Chiarelli to add some skilled scorers to his line, and look how well Marchand performed after both Wheeler and Ryder failed. Now let's evolve to Seguin mainly because it appears to be the best decision for Seguin. Pouliot will have his chance with Kelly and Peverly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: O, Patrice Bergeron : And Georges also had to yell at the Shab bench during those playoffs "Hey, Why didn't you tell me he was a lefty ?!" EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRgN0NYq1cY               "Concuss that!" Oh Jack U freak!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I almost forgot about that fight SanDog. Bergy stunned him with the left & looked pretty good doing it. Classic Edwards & classic Bruins-Habs. How sweep that series was. 

Sections
Shortcuts