Oates and McPhee out in Washinton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Oates and McPhee out in Washinton

Will hold a press conference at 4p.m today.

Not a shocker, and from the comments section over at TSN Ovechkin is getting a lot of the blame.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Oates and McPhee out in Washinton

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Will hold a press conference at 4p.m today.

Not a shocker, and from the comments section over at TSN Ovechkin is getting a lot of the blame.

[/QUOTE]

what? says Marco.  Ovie means an autocup.  Those people who comment on TSN don't understand hockey.  Goal scorers like Ovie, Kessel and Seguin give you a dynasty and win cups.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Goal scorers like Ovie, Kessel and Seguin give you a dynasty and win cups.

[/QUOTE]

.........or.........the added appreciation of watching players who play the 200' game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

.........or.........the added appreciation of watching players who play the 200' game.

[/QUOTE]

This is where the real pussification of hockey is, it's getting to be like basketball was with those guys who never played both ends of the court.  Rather than whining about Bishop some people ought to pay more attention to these floaters who are doing more to ruin the sport than alleged injury fakers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

This is where the real pussification of hockey is, it's getting to be like basketball was with those guys who never played both ends of the court.  Rather than whining about Bishop some people ought to pay more attention to these floaters who are doing more to ruin the sport than alleged injury fakers.

[/QUOTE]

Watch goal #5 for the Ducks last night for the lack of defensive awareness in your own end.

Both ends of the ice ? Not in this case. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Watch goal #5 for the Ducks last night for the lack of defensive awareness in your own end. 

Both ends of the ice ? Not in this case. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. 

[/QUOTE]

Wow.  I never would have guessed he would have digressed so far.  That's incredible to me.  One of his biggest strengths was what I called his "quick stick" - getting his stick on pucks that he had no business intercepting or knocking down, but it didn't even look like he tried for that puck, much less being in on the play physically.

I am really shocked.  I thought he would do better in the playoffs this year, some sort of an improvement.  I'm stunned to see this.  And I'm really disappointed.  He has talent like most of us dream about and he's wasting it.  It really gets to a wannabe (or former wannabe is more like it) to see a guy with such talent take the gift he got for granted, the rich kid neglecting the toy you would die for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

[QUOTE]

Like Gretz and Lemieux? Don't get me wrong, I don't put those guys on the same level.

Goal scorers like Ovie, Kessel and Seguin give you a dynasty and win cups.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like Gretz and Lemieux? Don't get me wrong, I don't put those guys on the same level.

[/QUOTE]

Apples and oranges.  You have your Gil Perrault class of players and that's where Ovie, Kessel and Seguin belong.  It's not about playing physical, it's about making the extra effort when needed, it's about making something out of nothing and all the extra things in the game other than scoring a goal.  Gretz and Mario did those things and won cups.  Cam Neely did those things and led his teams to winning seasons and cup finals.

Players with far lesser talents can rise to the occasion, look at the Red Wings.  They are overachieving, they are staying much close to the Bruins than they have a right to.  Look at everyone in Dallas other than Seguin, they are rising to the occasion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Apples and oranges.  You have your Gil Perrault class of players and that's where Ovie, Kessel and Seguin belong.  It's not about playing physical, it's about making the extra effort when needed, it's about making something out of nothing and all the extra things in the game other than scoring a goal.  Gretz and Mario did those things and won cups.  Cam Neely did those things and led his teams to winning seasons and cup finals.

Players with far lesser talents can rise to the occasion, look at the Red Wings.  They are overachieving, they are staying much close to the Bruins than they have a right to.  Look at everyone in Dallas other than Seguin, they are rising to the occasion.

[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute.. Gretz and Lemieux had players that complimented them and allowed them to be successful.  Neither won a cup when they didn't.  Perrault, Denis Savard, Hawerchuk (sp) and many others didn't.  

You can't tell me that Ovy did not have the effort in his first three years in the league?  Problem is after years of being surrounded by mediocre players (including goalies) you get a little disheartened.  Put Ovy in any of the top 4 teams in the league and you will see him and his team be even more successful. 

PLEASE don't put Ovy in the same class as Kessel.  Ovy is more physical in his pre game warmups than Kessel is all game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

PLEASE don't put Ovy in the same class as Kessel.  Ovy is more physical in his pre game warmups than Kessel is all game.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, he is much more physical, but they do share the same work ethic.  And come to think of it, I believe you are correct in that Ovie was much better his first few years in the league.