Observations from the Garden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Observations from the Garden

I was at the game and noticed a few things this game that was not typical for the bruins:
    1....no presence in front of the net. not once the whole game did i see a single bruin in the dirty area obstructing the goalie.  Their goalie had a clear view of everything.  

2....lack of offense;  bruins making their goalie look really good, but the truth is, most shots were right at him.  

3...bruins were out hit and out hustled in the offensive end.

4...thomas skrewed up; what was he thinking, haven't seen him give up a softie like that in the playoffs since Carolina.

In all, I was not happy with how the B's played this game.  I hope they bring it on next game and find their scoring touch.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: Observations from the Garden

No doubt the Bruins need to get to the front of the net.

Have to get rebounds in game 3.  We made things
    easy on Holtby today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I actually thought both teams played very well.  As for #4, it looked like it was knuckling a bit and just found the 6 hole.  Nothing TT could do about it.  If Boychuck didn't whiff on his clearing attempt off the draw, they could still be playing!  Still anyone's series.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: Observations from the Garden:
    I actually thought both teams played very well.  As for #4, it looked like it was knuckling a bit and just found the 6 hole.  Nothing TT could do about it.  If Boychuck didn't whiff on his clearing attempt off the draw, they could still be playing!  Still anyone's series.
    Posted by hangnail

after getting home and watching the replay, it looked like TT took his eye of the puck and it slipped through his legs...it looked like he was very supprised that it got through and thought it was in his glove.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Observations from the Garden : after getting home and watching the replay, it looked like TT took his eye of the puck and it slipped through his legs...it looked like he was very supprised that it got through and thought it was in his glove.  
    Posted by dbg1

I haven't seen the replay but I thought it went under his arm when I saw it live.  I guess it really doesn't matter at this point though!  No looking back, gotta win game 3.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: Observations from the Garden : I haven't seen the replay but I thought it went under his arm when I saw it live.  I guess it really doesn't matter at this point though!  No looking back, gotta win game 3.
    Posted by hangnail

between the legs.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Observations from the Garden : between the legs.
    Posted by dbg1

Look at it again! Thru his arm. Leaving a guy like Backstrom shot from prime real estate usually means you're minus one! Dumb to blame Thomas on this!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Observations from the Garden : Look at it again! Thru his arm. Leaving a guy like Backstrom shot from prime real estate usually means you're minus one! Dumb to blame Thomas on this!
    Posted by nitemare-38

I think he meant the 1st goal nite.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

mightmare...Dez...yes, I am talking about the 1st goal....Backstrom's goal was nice, except that we won the faceoff and gave the puck away in the defenseive end.  

ipot...real heartbreaker, i hate that silence after a home ot loss... I for one think that the bruins are playing great defense, but the offense has been silent.  I don't know if this is something that the caps are doing, or if it is just the Bruins bing the bruins.  

Remember last year, we only scored 1 goal in the first 2 games against the Habs.  Winning in the playoffs is about what team can adjust better.  Ready to see some offense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Observations from the Garden:
    I was at the game and noticed a few things this game that was not typical for the bruins: 1....no presence in front of the net. not once the whole game did i see a single bruin in the dirty area obstructing the goalie.  Their goalie had a clear view of everything.   2....lack of offense;  bruins making their goalie look really good, but the truth is, most shots were right at him.   3...bruins were out hit and out hustled in the offensive end. 4...thomas skrewed up; what was he thinking, haven't seen him give up a softie like that in the playoffs since Carolina. In all, I was not happy with how the B's played this game.  I hope they bring it on next game and find their scoring touch.  
    Posted by dbg1

I have a theory about #2 - no matter how hard you shoot the puck and it hits the goalie in the crest on his jersey, the puck never seems to go on.  They are making him look good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Bottom line -- Holtby has better save percentage than the current cup MVP. I though the BP mowing on the tying goal would rattle hm a bit but this kid is seeing the puck like its a basketball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

I have the pretty much the same set of observations from the Garden today.  Since reading Thomas' comments in which he states he didn't see the shot, it would make more sense on that last goal.  On the first Zanon fell on his catching glove as he went to tie up the puck.  Frustrating, two Bruins no cover up.

An observation to add: What is it with the ice?  Seems worse than normal, many more bouncing pucks than throughout the regular season.

Happy to read that Claude is calling out his floating forwards of the top 6, way too many passengers there. 

Loved seeing Thomas get into it with Backstrom, but he is lucky he didn't draw a roughing penalty similar to Holtby in game 1.  BTW to all the caps fans who are calling Thomas a punk... um right your goalie did the same thing in game 1 hence the roughing call.

Holtby looked like a rookie all warmups, frustrated went for a few skates in between rotations and was shaking his head a few times.  Then the Bruins start shooting and I don't care if you have a 100 mph slapshot, from the blue line with no traffic its routine to stop.  You just might feel it a bit more.  The Bruins need to stop making this kid look good, get in front of him!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Bottom line -- Holtby has better save percentage than the current cup MVP. I though the BP mowing on the tying goal would rattle hm a bit but this kid is seeing the puck like its a basketball.
    Posted by zamboni24

Save GAA
    Same win total

One has a shutout

One plays on a team who's forwards are firing pucks in with no traffic.  Good for Holtby, facing more shots hence better sv. pct.  But I don't think the Bruins have challeged him enough, unless firing the puck at the caps logo is a challenge?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I was at the game and noticed a few things this game that was not typical for the bruins: 1....no presence in front of the net. not once the whole game did i see a single bruin in the dirty area obstructing the goalie.  Their goalie had a clear view of everything.   2....lack of offense;  bruins making their goalie look really good, but the truth is, most shots were right at him.   3...bruins were out hit and out hustled in the offensive end. 4...thomas skrewed up; what was he thinking, haven't seen him give up a softie like that in the playoffs since Carolina. In all, I was not happy with how the B's played this game.  I hope they bring it on next game and find their scoring touch.  
    Posted by dbg1

Could not have sumised it better myself. No presence in front of keep. Easy shots all night on net. Out hussled and hit most of the game. They just did not bring it tonight. Lucky to get it to OT. And TT new he let in a softie. Too many shots right at the keeper. To be in a game they did not play well in, that is a positive I guess....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Also too many give aways by the Bs. Especially in the middle of the ice. That can't keep happening....

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Tight game that could have gone either way. Nothing to panic about yet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Too many shots from the point and too many from the perimeter. Get the puck down low, force him to make decisions. Look what happened on the Pouliot goal, he made the wronng decision. Coming out and challengin the shooter is second nature to him and has been since he was 9. I want presence in front of the net, he will give up rebounds but not on shots he sees clearly from the circles. How many of Marchands shots have been from the circles? Thats not where his goals are scored. Get the puck doen to the half boards and come off them and gets shots down low.  How many odd-man rushes have the Bruins had in the two games?  I'll give the Caps defense some credit, and Holtby deserves credit as well, but the Bruins are making it too easy for the rookie goalie.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Posted by dbg1

It wasn't that bad, dbg1.  If Bergeron or Marchand take care of business, Bruins win 2-0/2-1.  The puck battles and finesse stuff were the issues, in my opinion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

All of you saying the B's are making Holtby look good are not looking at the overall picture! I agree that B's have not tested the rookie nearly enough as far as making him move a lot, getting to the bad rebounds he's left. However, the kid is getting the helps he needs from his d & he's been poised & his confidence is high. The B's have been making life easy for him no doubt about that either. The kid still has been the difference in the series so far. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

All of you saying the B's are making Holtby look good are not looking at the overall picture! I agree that B's have not tested the rookie nearly enough as far as making him move a lot, getting to the bad rebounds he's left. However, the kid is getting the helps he needs from his d & he's been poised & his confidence is high. The B's have been making life easy for him no doubt about that either. The kid still has been the difference in the series so far. 
    Posted by nitemare-38

Rookie goalie, comes in tot he house of the defending champs and gave his team chances to win both games. What more could they ask for. He's been better than they could ever have hoped. But I do think it's time to for the B's to change their plan of attack, not so much because I think Holtby will cave, but because the way the Caps defense is playing, which is very good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Caps regular season record is much better at home... so now it is up to Boston to steal a game away (or two!)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Hey dbg1 any siting of that skinny kid with the B painted on his chest flexing his muscles ?

Sections
Shortcuts