Of the Rookies?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Of the Rookies?

Of the Rookies who do you see and why should could and would stay with the big club or have a future? I know you really smart guys should have wisdome to share on this really good question?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Of the Rookies?

Spooner is the only sure fire NHLer imho.

The rest are career AHLers or spare parts (though Fraser might perhaps have some promise).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Does Krug still count?  He's the best.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does Krug still count?  He's the best.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes he is. Soderberg is not so bad either if that is, in fact, where Macfact was going with this thread.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Spooner should be in the NHL, Fraser has a chance and I bet there will be another forward - pick one.

I think Morrow and Trotman have a legit chance.

Subban has NHL potential, I really like what I see from him.  He got lit up at first and is adjusting, I like his skating and he seems stable.  Svedberg maybe also, last few games he seems to have developed a problem with rebound control, that may or may be just a phase.

There is a lot of talent in Providence, I bet there will be a surprise coming up this year, but not Krug level surprise.

No one is going to come up and set the league on fire, but it's the most talented team they've had for about 5 years I'd say.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

How's Knight doing?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

How's Knight doing?

[/QUOTE]

He has done nothing to get my attention, but its too early to give up on him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Unless Fraser starts doing something about his skating and his one on battles along the boards he will be an AHL All-Star for the next 10 years. Early though he has only been given about 9Min. avg TOI by Julien.

PC and Don Sweeney have to be thrilled about all the young defenseman they have in Boston and Providence.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Krug for sure counts. You guys are spot on. I heard Cunningham showed some promise.

I think Spooner is legit. Obviously Hamilton and Smith are a lock.

I also like Bartowski. I think he is cool calm and composed.

The question is simply who will stay on the big club or have a future? Who will be an AHL player for life? or who will find a home some place else either the Hamil or Seguin Way?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Still not completely sold on Yeti though...he seems wildly inconsistent. Seems like PC was just looking for a cheap warm body to fill a roster spot due to the cap constriction.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Kevan Miller has exceeded my expectations.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

[QUOTE]

Still not completely sold on Yeti though...he seems wildly inconsistent. Seems like PC was just looking for a cheap warm body to fill a roster spot due to the cap constriction.

[/QUOTE]

Give him a break. His linemates Fraser and Spooner have showed little or nothing.

Fraser was a scratch for Cunningham - that's how good he has looked. I would throw in the towel on Fraser and keep him in Providence, maybe some team could become interested from seeing him there. In Boston, he shows poorly.

Spooner has disappointed. Where's the pre-season pep that he had?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:[QUOTE] Still not completely sold on Yeti though...he seems wildly inconsistent. Seems like PC was just looking for a cheap warm body to fill a roster spot due to the cap constriction.[/QUOTE]

Give him a break. His linemates Fraser and Spooner have showed little or nothing.

Fraser was a scratch for Cunningham - that's how good he has looked. I would throw in the towel on Fraser and keep him in Providence, maybe some team could become interested from seeing him there. In Boston, he shows poorly.

Spooner has disappointed. Where's the pre-season pep that he had?[/QUOTE]

"Matt Fraser out of lineup tonight. Not a healthy scratch"

@MarkDivver

"Craig Cunningham is on his way back to @AHLBruins today, I'm told"

"Pretty sure I see Matt Fraser out on practice ice this morning. So whatever caused him to be scratched last night must not have been serious"

Fraser wasn't a heathly scratch and Cunningham did a decent job for the amount of minutes he got.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

I've read there has been some confusion about Fraser's status last night, as CJ made it sound like he was a healthy scratch despite the initial report.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/blogs/whatsbruin/x915454200/The-mystery-of-Matt-Frasers-scratch-and-Craig-Cunninghams-debut

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

The rest are career AHLers or spare parts (though Fraser might perhaps have some promise).

[/QUOTE]

I think that's a premature statement. Some on here said the samething about Marchand, Bartowski, Miller  & Krug. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think that's a premature statement. Some on here said the samething about Marchand, Bartowski, Miller  & Krug. 

[/QUOTE]

Fair point Nite. Though some on here usually seem to pick a favorite (a binky one poster on here used to call it?) and tout how sure fire they were and, in the end, those sure things simply disappeared. I usually presume the ahlers are just that until they prove they can do it day in, day out with the big club. This is what is making these past couple of weeks so interesting...watching the farmhands prove their worth. We have not seen this in years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wheat, he was wildly inconsistent long before being saddled with the youngins. I get your point though. And yes, Fraser needs to go back down and spend the rest of the year devloping on the farm.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wheat, he was wildly inconsistent long before being saddled with the youngins. I get your point though. And yes, Fraser needs to go back down and spend the rest of his career developing on the farm.

[/QUOTE]

Fixed it for you JMW! ;-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fair point Nite. Though some on here usually seem to pick a favorite (a binky one poster on here used to call it?) and tout how sure fire they were and, in the end, those sure things simply disappeared. I usually presume the ahlers are just that until they prove they can do it day in, day out with the big club. This is what is making these past couple of weeks so interesting...watching the farmhands prove their worth. We have not seen this in years.

[/QUOTE]

A fair point by you as well. It's really funny how things work for certain players. For instance you take a guy like Mark St. Pierre who's AHL #'s were HOF type for a short career, but could do nothing in the bigs. Then you have guys like Marchand & Krejci that are just able to do it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

A fair point by you as well. It's really funny how things work for certain players. For instance you take a guy like Mark St. Pierre who's AHL #'s were HOF type for a short career, but could do nothing in the bigs. Then you have guys like Marchand & Krejci that are just able to do it. 

[/QUOTE]

Yep, I think it comes down to consistancy and opportunity. Marchand and Krecji had both. Others simply do or did not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I think Miller has shown his worth and I just read somewhere that when he comes back up the expect him to stay. They threw out the idea that McQuaid could be trade bait. Did I read this from one of  you smart bloggers? Or was that the mail bag...That would not be the wisest trade for Mcquaid. But you could bundle Mcquaid, Caron, Fraser, Marchand for a nice little return.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:[QUOTE] Spooner is the only sure fire NHLer imho.

The rest are career AHLers or spare parts (though Fraser might perhaps have some promise).   [/QUOTE]

I think that's a premature statement. Some on here said the samething about Marchand, Bartowski, Miller  & Krug. [/QUOTE]

Especially if all your doing is looking at a stat sheet instead of watching what the prospect is doing on the ice.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Macfact's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Miller has shown his worth and I just read somewhere that when he comes back up the expect him to stay. They threw out the idea that McQuaid could be trade bait. Did I read this from one of  you smart bloggers? Or was that the mail bag...That would not be the wisest trade for Mcquaid. But you could bundle Mcquaid, Caron, Fraser, Marchand for a nice little return.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think McQuaid is going anywhere. He's one of their biggest d-men they have back there now. They still need & want that size.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Looks like we are as deep as we are ever going to be on defense. Ever. I heard the new kids looked as good as Miller and Bartowski. What are your thoughts?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Warsofsky was on the ice for 12:29, at a minus- 1. I didn't see any glaring mistakes.

Sections
Shortcuts