Off Topic ---- Devils

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Off Topic ---- Devils

WOW!!!  ~ they just beat the Islanders in a shootout. This could go down as one of the greatest turnaound stories in any sport.

P.S.
    Devils have now taken 42 of a possible 48 points in their last 24 games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Off Topic ---- Devils

And does anyone still think they won't overtake the Leafs?

Knock the Leafs back one slot for the draft pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Yup .... 3pts back with a game in hand. I haven't counted out a total Leafs collapse either. Still hopeful for a lottery pick. Let's Go Islanders .........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Full props to NJ for their amazing run.  Makes me wonder where they would be had they installed Lemaire right from the start of the season.  That club is 7 points behind the 8th spot Canes with 2 less played games. 

The Devils are playing like they can beat most anyone.  For Bruin draft purposes, I'm still hoping their remaining schedule which includes a lot of encounters with clubs still in the hunt, if not for the last playoff spot then seeding, helps to sink them in the overall standings. 

If all goes well, the Leafs will struggle against the likes of Carolina, the Bruins and Buffalo twice, the Caps, TB, Montreal, those suddenly struggling Flyers, Detroit, the Wild and NJ. 

Mind you, I admit I thought they'd fall during recent games against some the league's better teams and they didn't.  Time will tell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Off Topic ---- Devils:
    [QUOTE]WOW!!!   ~ they just beat the Islanders in a shootout. This could go down as one of the greatest turnaound stories in any sport. P.S. Devils have now taken 42 of a possible 48 points in their last 24 games.
    Posted by jaymiller[/QUOTE] Truly an amazing turn around, hope they make it all the way back. Not sure if I would want to meet them in the playoffs though.

-------------------------------------------- 
    Just because you cannot admit that you are wrong, doesn't make you right.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Another wise coaching move by sweet Lou???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lou got rid of some dead weight that were underachieving Arnott and Langenbrunner. As soon as Roloson made it back through waivers Lemaire took him off the third n fourth line that was the start of the turnaround.

Then Jacque started getting more out Tallinder and Volchenkov (puck moving) at the same time Broduer n Hedberg raised their save %. Last but not least Kovalchuk stopped deferring to the established players they were gone and Jacques probably told him stop being so nice n to be the skating shotmaker Lou signed wellah.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Brodeur is 12-1-2 in his hot streak and is now 17-19-2 and may very well finish above .500 an almost impossible feat when he was 5-18 at one point.

They are 10 back of NYR with 3 games in hand as well, but Buf is only 4 back of NYR with 4 games in hand as well.

About a month ago I said that 2 of Mon NYR and Atl would prob not make the playoffs because Car and Buf were climbing, it seems like the scabs are going to make it, Atl is gone and the Nyr have melted and when the other teams catch up to them in games theybe outside looking in.

NJ are def making it more interesting by the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Off Topic ---- Devils:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Off Topic ---- Devils : Truly an amazing turn around, hope they make it all the way back. Not sure if I would want to meet them in the playoffs though. --------------------------------------------  Just because you cannot admit that you are wrong, doesn't make you right.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Exactly, pauly.  I'd imagine NJ would be prepped, confident and ready courtesy of Lemaire and his staff.  Should they make it to the playoffs, whomever they face may very well be concerned. 

I'm hoping they and some other clubs leave the Leafs looking at their tail-lights and render them lower in the overall standings just to get an improved position on that draft pick.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

This is the team you do not want to play in the first round of the playoffs if they make it in.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It is very realistic that they could be Boston's first round opponent.  I hope they burn themselves out...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]It is very realistic that they could be Boston's first round opponent.  I hope they burn themselves out...
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Me too. Hedberg must be playing out of his mind. The guy has not had these numbers since his rookie season back in the late 90's. Sooner or later reality must sink in...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Another wise coaching move by sweet Lou???
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

John MacLean ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Off Topic ---- Devils : John MacLean ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

John Maclean deserved a shot , don't you think?? things didn't work out as they've would have liked ~ so see ya later John, but at least they gave him a shot.

Records
    • New Jersey Devils franchise record for goals (347)
    • New Jersey Devils franchise record for power play goals (92)
    • New Jersey Devils franchise record for power play points (197)
    • New Jersey Devils franchise record for hat tricks (6, tied with Patrik Eliáš)
    • New Jersey season points leader: 1988–89 (87), 1990–91 (78)
    • New Jersey season goals leader: 1988–89 (42), 1989–90 (41), 1990–91 (45), 1993–94 (37), 1996–97 (29, tie)
    • New Jersey playoffs points leader: 1991 (8, tie), 1997 (9)
    • New Jersey playoffs goals leader: 1990 (4), 1991 (5), 1997 (4, tie)
    • New Jersey playoffs assists leader: 1997 (5)

Sections
Shortcuts