Off Topic Draft Thought

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgebhardt8. Show sgebhardt8's posts

Off Topic Draft Thought

Sorry guys, I just need a break from the Fire Claude/Who sits talk. 

Anyone think sending our #1 this year(and something else as needed) to Florida for the rights to Gudbranson would be a good idea or even accepted by Florida?  Here's why I think it would.  The B's get a player they need that's ready to play next year, Florida gets another top 10 pick this year (they have the #3 pick).  They are a few years away and can take a guy that's a few years away with big upside, as well as take a top 3 pick. 

Just something to get us through the day to tonight's game.  Don't kill me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Off Topic Draft Thought

In Response to Off Topic Draft Thought:
    [QUOTE]Sorry guys, I just need a break from the Fire Claude/Who sits talk.  Anyone think sending our #1 this year(and something else as needed) to Florida for the rights to Gudbranson would be a good idea or even accepted by Florida?  Here's why I think it would.  The B's get a player they need that's ready to play next year, Florida gets another top 10 pick this year (they have the #3 pick).  They are a few years away and can take a guy that's a few years away with big upside, as well as take a top 3 pick.  Just something to get us through the day to tonight's game.  Don't kill me.
    Posted by sgebhardt8[/QUOTE]

NM Read that wrong. FLA Probably wouldnt do it. Im not an expert on the matter though.

Where is Chowdah with a Gudbranson update how'd he do in the O this year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Off Topic Draft Thought:
    [QUOTE]Sorry guys, I just need a break from the Fire Claude/Who sits talk.  Anyone think sending our #1 this year(and something else as needed) to Florida for the rights to Gudbranson would be a good idea or even accepted by Florida?  Here's why I think it would.  The B's get a player they need that's ready to play next year, Florida gets another top 10 pick this year (they have the #3 pick).  They are a few years away and can take a guy that's a few years away with big upside, as well as take a top 3 pick.  Just something to get us through the day to tonight's game.  Don't kill me.
    Posted by sgebhardt8[/QUOTE]
    I've been intrigued by this possibility for awhile now.Depending on the player/prospect included in the deal,I think something could be worked out between them. I'm pretty sure Gudbranson would prefer coming to Boston.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgebhardt8. Show sgebhardt8's posts

that's my thought as well.  Clearly the negotiations went sour between he and the Panthers, so maybe playing in a hockey market may be a factor.

In Response to Re: Off Topic Draft Thought:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Off Topic Draft Thought : I've been intrigued by this possibility for awhile now.Depending on the player/prospect included in the deal,I think something could be worked out between them. I'm pretty sure Gudbranson would prefer coming to Boston.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Dale Tallon is aggressive so no it would not surprise me if Bob Mckenzie on draft day says "I just saw Chiarelli and Tallon chatting off to the side a moment ago." One thing you look for is GMs who have traded with each other before their is already a good rapport. We also know now with the trade PC made right before the draft last season and this years deadline PC will be aggressive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I would do it for sure, since it is essentially a #3 for a #9, and Gudbranson has another year of development under his belt (w/o using a EL contract year).  I think the Bruins need that type of defensman too.

I don't think Florida would do it.  Maybe if the negitiations with him have really soured and we throw in a spare part (Hamill anyone?). 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I would do it for sure, since it is essentially a #3 for a #9, and Gudbranson has another year of development under his belt (w/o using a EL contract year).  I think the Bruins need that type of defensman too. I don't think Florida would do it.  Maybe if the negitiations with him have really soured and we throw in a spare part (Hamill anyone?). 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    I'd  be willing to throw Arniel into the mix. Kampfer might also get it done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

This is one of those ideas that got me way too excited to be possible haha...

That would be amazing to swing a deal for Gudbranson, but I feel like if we think it is such a great idea, it's probably not going to happen...

But does anybody know why Gudbranson didn't sign?  Was is cuz the Panthers suck?  Or just a money thing?

Because that could be a potential bargaining chip to drop the trading price for him if he just won't sign there...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Well PC does now have a history of ripping Florida off thanks to the Horton trade. I think it all depends if Gudbranson wants to play there. If he refuses to sign a contract with the Panthers then Tallon will need to unload him or lose him for nothing in the next draft (Erik is eligible for being redrafted in 2012).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Gudbranson is worth more than the 9th pick.  He's also a player that Tallon wants if he's following his process from Chicago of drafting D then forwards.  D take longer to develop, usually.  I doubt it would happen, but it's not a rediculous proposal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Nah, don't think so. Why trade the kid when he is hopefully going to become one of the centerpieces of the franchise in a few years? You have to let the tree bear fruit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Nah, don't think so. Why trade the kid when he is hopefully going to become one of the centerpieces of the franchise in a few years? You have to let the tree bear fruit.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]
    SEO, we could also ask why he waived Grabner last year.I agree he should keep Gudbranson but also think he might entertain the right offers. Whatever, I'm happy enough with keeping the #9 pick also.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

That would be an awesome trade for the Bruins, but PC isn't the type to low-ball another GM just because he is in a tight spot with a player. Its more likely that it would be a 1st plus a 3rd or a 2nd which i still think would be great for the Bs

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Grab a high end forward, if possible, and get D through free agency and trades. If we're on the clock at 9 and the best player available is a d-man, then flip it for Gudbranson or trade down and get more assets.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]Grab a high end forward, if possible, and get D through free agency and trades. If we're on the clock at 9 and the best player available is a d-man, then flip it for Gudbranson or trade down and get more assets.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

how do we get that high end forward?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Off Topic Draft Thought : SEO, we could also ask why he waived Grabner last year.I agree he should keep Gudbranson but also think he might entertain the right offers. Whatever, I'm happy enough with keeping the #9 pick also.

Any chance the #9, Hamill or another prospect (JUST NOT SPOONER) + Futures could get this done?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Off Topic Draft Thought : I'd  be willing to throw Arniel into the mix. Kampfer might also get it done.

I think Kampfer is a good start would, you throw in one of Sauve/Knight/Spooner?

Seems to me that it would take at least two legit prospects and the Number 9.  If Toronto had finished a little lower maybe, but FLA will need to present something tangible to see there fans on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Off Topic Draft Thought : how do we get that high end forward?
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

Walk to the podium, say his name, give him a jersey and an entry level deal.

No, but seriously, I did say "if possible" grab a high end forward with the pick which would be one of the big guys from this year's class dropping (Huberdeau, Strome, Couturier (unlikely to 9)) or using the pick in a package to grab an NHL-er or prospect from another team (for example, though not suggesting, Hemsky in Edmonton, or Horton last year with Florida).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Off Topic Draft Thought : I think Kampfer is a good start would, you throw in one of Sauve/Knight/Spooner? Seems to me that it would take at least two legit prospects and the Number 9.  If Toronto had finished a little lower maybe, but FLA will need to present something tangible to see there fans on.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

no way, it wouldn't take that much for a guy that can't sign. 9 and a decent prospect is fair

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]Grab a high end forward, if possible, and get D through free agency and trades. If we're on the clock at 9 and the best player available is a d-man, then flip it for Gudbranson or trade down and get more assets.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

if your talking about a UFA forward, high end ones don't exist other than richards and we can't take on another center

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennyBizz. Show KennyBizz's posts

Spooner and Knight go nowhere.. that's just straight crazy moving one of them.  Nice to be in the final 4 and have a top 10 pick.. not to mention the Wild's second rounder....good living...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Off Topic Draft Thought : if your talking about a UFA forward, high end ones don't exist other than richards and we can't take on another center
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

That's the exact opposite of what I suggested.

I said draft a high-end forward or trade for one (why would we trade for a UFA forward?) using the pick OR get a high-end d-man via UFA/RFA/Trade, but not the draft.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The great thing about the thread or the idea of it is it can be explored PC has pieces to move around. That Wild 2nd rounder me thinks is going to turn out to be a steal as long as you don't ask jwensink.

Sections
Shortcuts