Off topic: road trip to Nova Scotia

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Off topic: road trip to Nova Scotia

In Response to Re: Off topic: road trip to Nova Scotia:
    [QUOTE]I use to live in the Annapolis valley (100 km from Halifax). Girls there are easy.. i mean very easy, Families are Baptist extremist and chicks want out of there, they will put out in order to get  out of Dodge. Juss Sayin' Go to Peggy's Cove, (40 mins from Halifax) its a must see, very kool place,  fish soup is amazing,Lobster are at prime right now
    Posted by ccoul[/QUOTE]
    You couldn't get skin in a bucket of chicken.
    You couldn't get skin off of a leper.
    Feel free to add more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

[QUOTE]Looking at 1.5 days in Halifax as a landing spot after a long ride, 2.5 days on Cape Breton and 2 days in Saint John on the way back. Would love to hear dez and davinator's thoughts on best use of time in their fair city as well. Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. Too bad it'll be in June and not much happening on the ice.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I'm from Fredericton. Enjoy your trip!
    On your way from NS to St John.... When you get to Moncton take the "Fundy Drive" as a detour and check out the Hopewell Rocks. Then when driving through Alma stop at the bakery for sticky buns. Alma's also a great spot to buy the best tasting lobster anywhere (cold bay of fundy water makes the difference) at the lobster shop. You can't miss it as you drive through. You'll be glad you took the extra couple of hours instead of heading straight to St John. Try to go through this stretch when the tide is low but transitioning to high, you won't believe how fast and how high the tide comes in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I'd defenitely spend some time on the waterfront in downtown Halifax.  The Harbour Hopper (their version of Boston's duck tours) is a great way to learn about some history of Halifax (the Halifax Explosion, Citadel Hill, Alexander Keith, etc).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]Driving up from Portland, ME...it's actually 6 days but I'm figuring in the drive up and back already.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Also from Portland!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Off topic: road trip to Nova Scotia : Also from Portland!
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

I saw you mentioned USM on another thread....small world I suppose. Enjoy the fog today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Off topic: road trip to Nova Scotia:
    [QUOTE]Hello to our friends north of the 49th: we're taking a road trip to NS and could use some advice. Priorities include music (the more ceilidhs, the better), hiking/camping, paddling, tasty vittles/beverages and generally soaking up the culture (esp Cape Breton). We'll have 4 days in the province to explore.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Hit the Margaree! White Bombers and Mickey Finns!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Off topic: road trip to Nova Scotia : Hit the Margaree! White Bombers and Mickey Finns!
    Posted by watchtower[/QUOTE]

I have gone fly fishing on the Margaree, what are you referring to?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Off topic: road trip to Nova Scotia : I have gone fly fishing on the Margaree, what are you referring to?
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]

Soups, I have not. I know some gentlemen who have had success fishing the Margaree with deer hair dries(bombers) and the old "Mickey Finn" streamers. I must say that Nova Scotia sounds like a great place to visit, and hope to see it before I cash my chips in.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Off topic: road trip to Nova Scotia : Soups, I have not. I know some gentlemen who have had success fishing the Margaree with deer hair dries(bombers) and the old "Mickey Finn" streamers. I must say that Nova Scotia sounds like a great place to visit, and hope to see it before I cash my chips in.
    Posted by watchtower[/QUOTE]

I have had good success with the May Fly in the spring run and the bumble bee in the fall