Offense please?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Offense please?

With all the trades Chiarelli made has he addressed the problem of offense successfully? Not yet IMO. Horton is not a scorer same as Ryder. We just pay them like that and then call them scorers and fans believe they are just in a season long slump or "snake bitten". Kelly and Peverly have their pluses but so far don't seem even close to contributing. The team has no first line. It has two 2nd lines a 3rd and a 4th. Can they win the Cup with this offense and coaching style?

Neely said a couple of months ago that they were not trying to win all their games 1 - 0. He was wrong. That seems exactly what they are doing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Offense please?

And we've given up two 1st round draft choices, one 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder, plus another 2nd rounder if Kaberle signs, to arrive at the same point we were already at. How quickly things change: From draft bounty to draft nothing.

So, that's 2-1st's, 2-2nd's, 1-3rd. A total of 5 choices in 3 drafts...who needs the draft, right? We've got Providence.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Offense please?:
    [QUOTE]With all the trades Chiarelli made has he addressed the problem of offense successfully? Not yet IMO. Horton is not a scorer same as Ryder. We just pay them like that and then call them scorers and fans believe they are just in a season long slump or "snake bitten". Kelly and Peverly have their pluses but so far don't seem even close to contributing. The team has no first line. It has two 2nd lines a 3rd and a 4th. Can they win the Cup with this offense and coaching style? Neely said a couple of months ago that they were not trying to win all their games 1 - 0. He was wrong. That seems exactly what they are doing.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]

Some games they'll score a bunch.  Some games they'll score a few.  Some games, they'll score none.  It's been going on for years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Nope. Disagree hangnail. Maybe overgeneralizing a little? I think the system they employ hinders their ouptut as well as personnel they acquire not being what they envision.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Re: Offense please?:
    [QUOTE]And we've given up two 1st round draft choices, one 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder, plus another 2nd rounder if Kaberle signs, to arrive at the same point we were already at. How quickly things change: From draft bounty to draft nothing. So, that's 2-1st's, 2-2nd's, 1-3rd. A total of 5 choices in 3 drafts...who needs the draft, right? We've got Providence.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Where do you get 2 1st round picks gone ? They dealt one, there own for kaberle

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offense please? : Where do you get 2 1st round picks gone ? They dealt one, there own for kaberle
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

The one for Horton. Remember?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Nope. Disagree hangnail. Maybe overgeneralizing a little? I think the system they employ hinders their ouptut as well as personnel they acquire not being what they envision.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]

What player(s) could PC have acquired that would solve their scoring woes?  Their most skilled offensive player can't play right now - he would have helped greatly if he was healthy.  

Their most glaring weakness right now is the PP - how can you blame the system on that?

I'll agree they sometimes struggle to score goals, but so does every other team in the league at times.  I think they're in an adjustment period right now and need to work the kinks out and will be fine in the long run.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Well, I understand where you're coming from but I feel that if you want a Cup you have to have better. Yeah, every team has offense that has highs and lows but teams that want to win the Cup have more consistency and more drive to attack the net. The Bruins need more consistent net crashing and forecheck.

Yes, Savard is out and there wasn't much to replace him. I'm not a GM type fan so I don't know who to acquire, I just know the guys they did get have not yet added much of anything that could cover for what Savard gave us. As for the PP it is part of the team strategy. The team relies on the points to generate shots and does little cycling down low. PP is the same way. It's not a versatile offense, PP or 5 on 5.