Offensive Offensive stats- spiraling down.........the Clown Julien way..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Re: Offensive Offensive stats- spiraling down.........the Clown Julien way..

Timmayy:
    2006-07     66            3.13  30 29 4    0.905    
    2007-08     57             2.44  28 19 6    0.921      
    2008-09     54             2.10  36 11 7    0.933      
    2009-10     43             2.56  17 18 8    0.915    
    2010-11     26            1.73 18 4 3    0.950      

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

It sounds like your saying CJ coaches the team out of goals ? Does CJ coach the team out of wins as well ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I honestly couldn't care less how many goals the Bruins score. As long as its substantially more than what they let in (and it is) then I'm fine. And don't put it all on Thomas, as great as he is and as many shots as he sees, the majority are low percentage shots and that's due to the defensive system of the Bruins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Re: Offensive Offensive stats- spiraling down.........the Clown Julien way..:
    Wow..how to play a goalie into the ground to save  your job
    Posted by cactusTony

So Tony Cactus, you made a total of 1 comment between July and yesterday, and you've made 8-9 comments...mostly trashing the B's...yesterday and today.  What's goin' on with you bro,  just get out of Walpole or sumthin'?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Everyone wants to see goals and the league is making the game more offensive. But, for now, CJ's defensive approach is still good enough for 1st in the NE and 3rd in the Conference.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

09' offensive stats look good for Savard, Wheeler, Krejci and Chara when Julien was coach. So I'd have to say it's the players I'd look at quite a bit myself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Offensive Offensive stats- spiraling down.........the Clown Julien way..:
    I honestly couldn't care less how many goals the Bruins score. As long as its substantially more than what they let in (and it is) then I'm fine. And don't put it all on Thomas, as great as he is and as many shots as he sees, the majority are low percentage shots and that's due to the defensive system of the Bruins.
    Posted by red75

Absolutely right Red.I'm fine if they give up a bunch of shots from the boards as long as they're not letting the opposition have 2 and 3 whacks at one in front.The Bruins D does a great job clearing rebounds and taking away shooting lanes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It's the power play that needs to be tweaked. He never starts Savard on the PP. It's stupid. He's the best playmaker and he sits until the last 30 seconds on a PP. That can be easily fixed. But Julien is a fine coach, motivator, and the B's basically dominated Atlanta tonight, but just couldn't find the 3rd goal. That's no one's fault.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Wow..how to play a goalie into the ground to save  your job
    Posted by cactusTony

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Offensive Offensive stats- spiraling down.........the Clown Julien way.. : Absolutely right Red.I'm fine if they give up a bunch of shots from the boards as long as they're not letting the opposition have 2 and 3 whacks at one in front.The Bruins D does a great job clearing rebounds and taking away shooting lanes.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Yeah Dez. I think a lot of the fairweather fans look at the box score or hear the shot count, and think that it's all Thomas, but the Bruins do a better job than any team in the league  of forcing shots from the outside of the perimeter - makes the keeper's job a lot easier. It is a very rare thing for there to be an open rebound in the slot or for a player to have a clean shooting lane. Even tonight, both of those pucks that went past Thomas had eyes - normally those would not have made it to the net.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Offensive Offensive stats- spiraling down.........the Clown Julien way.. : Yeah Dez. I think a lot of the fairweather fans look at the box score or hear the shot count, and think that it's all Thomas, but the Bruins do a better job than any team in the league  of forcing shots from the outside of the perimeter - makes the keeper's job a lot easier. It is a very rare thing for there to be an open rebound in the slot or for a player to have a clean shooting lane. Even tonight, both of those pucks that went past Thomas had eyes - normally those would not have made it to the net.
    Posted by red75

Add in the numerous shot blocks and Boston's D is far better than most.

Sections
Shortcuts