officiating issues and a question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

officiating issues and a question

I counted at least three bad offsides calls vs. the B's in game 1.  The one on Marchand took away a great scoring opportunity.  It makes me think these guys are getting caught sleeping and just equate scoring opportunity with offsides to be safe...  Also, what's the deal with the slashing calls?  This has been the worst playoff season I've noted in terms of the guys not swallowing the whistles to begin with and I'm sort of confused on the rules.  Breaking the stick is an automatic, I guess...and then so is "causing" the other player to "have to" drop his stick?  Is it just the overhand stuff such that you'll never see someone's stick knocked up getting called?  TIA for informed replies.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: officiating issues and a question

that marchand semi-breakaway i rewound and slow-motioned a couple times. he was on-side. close call to make-could have gone either way(i did have to put on slo-mo to see it clearly). as far as slashing...it's a mystery to me what is and what is not slashing. a guy gets whacked by a stick every .6 seconds in hockey. it's like holding in the nfl, could be called on every play. same goes with hooking. way too much gray area. i have never seen so many penalties called on the team with the lead, within the final 5 minutes of the game. it's like the ref's are TRYING to add drama to the game.  this years officiating has been awful- nobody knows what a penalty is anymore. it's really frustrating to watch, can't imagine having to play with these wishy-washy calls. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

Right!  That's the other thing...  It seems like the refs muck things up and then are forever trying to even them out to cover themselves.  I, too, had to use the dvr to check the skates and thought Marchand did a good job of holding at the line.  Let's hope we have fewer whistles or get some 5-on-3's of our own to even up the hockey karma the rest of the way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Thing is; the Refs will always be calling Boston tight, we have a bad rep as a tough physical team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Want to avoid the ticky-tac slashing calls?  Don't chop the other guy's stick.  Lift it.

No matter how tightly or loosely the other guy is holding his stick, it's never okay to whack it out of his hand.  It's obviously not okay to break it.  If the problem is Hab-esque dropping the sticks, stop chopping them.

Close offsides calls will always be 50/50.  Humans aren't perfect.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

I just thank God that the teams are getting to play through.  I think they are doing the Bruins a favor since we are a great 5-5 team and all a PP does is break the Bruins stride.

Sections
Shortcuts