Officiating

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Officiating

i agree the officiating was/is not quite up to par. whenever there is  a scrum, it seems it's a boston penalty, or the put out matching minors. the call doesn't go against tb. what was up with the linesman that dropped the puckin the first, clean win by krejci, back to d- then it's blown dead? the linesman acted like he dropped the puck too soon- as it seemed the bolts center didn't even react. the crowd the loudly booed the linesman. as far as the face-goal, according to the rule book, the officials don't have to blow it dead if the offense has a scoring opportunity. i wasn't aware of this rule until i watched nhl on the fly this morning. but i assumed there was some rule in place that allowed play to continue, seeing as there was not much dispute from TT- he obviously knew the rule.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I thought the officiating was bad but not one-sided.  Tampa got screwed on a couple too.  After watching the replay on a couple, it was hard to figure out what the penalty was.

I thought Ohlund should have been called in the first for an obvious hit to the head on Krejci, but I think it evened out.

Against Montreal, the vast majority of the calls went against the B's.  At least here they seem to be even.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Officiating:
    [QUOTE]I thought the officiating was bad but not one-sided.  Tampa got screwed on a couple too.  After watching the replay on a couple, it was hard to figure out what the penalty was. I thought Ohlund should have been called in the first for an obvious hit to the head on Krejci, but I think it evened out. Against Montreal, the vast majority of the calls went against the B's.  At least here they seem to be even.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Yeah I felt we received two cheesy PPs in the first.  Then in the Second I was not surprised to see the refs seemingly searching for the makeup calls.  Especially necesary after we actually converted in the first in part due to a bad call.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgebhardt8. Show sgebhardt8's posts

I think the calls were bad both ways.  The worst was the call against Chara, though, when Stamkos trips/dives over his stick along the boards, hits the ice, looks at the ref and holds his hand up like " are you gonna call that?  I'm Steven Stamkos!"  after about 2 seconds of thinking about it, the ref puts his hand up.  It was almost as though he had to think if it was Tampa's turn to go on the pp or not!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]I think the calls were bad both ways.  The worst was the call against Chara, though, when Stamkos trips/dives over his stick along the boards, hits the ice, looks at the ref and holds his hand up like " are you gonna call that?  I'm Steven Stamkos!"  after about 2 seconds of thinking about it, the ref puts his hand up.  It was almost as though he had to think if it was Tampa's turn to go on the pp or not!
    Posted by sgebhardt8[/QUOTE]

That one was not as bad as Chara getting 2 minutes for being punched in the face by Downie....ridiculous...

Maybe that unsportsmanlike call was becuase the refs felt like Chara was not doing his duty by kicking the crap out of Downie? lol!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I think that was the source of a couple of the ensuing weak calls against TB. Refs were trying to overcompensate (and then overcompensating once again in the second period the other way) which resulted in needless interfering in the overall game....idiots.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It seems to me like the refs have an annoying habit of trying to even things out all the time.  In the Montreal series, when the refs disallowed the Habs goal because of a terrible early whistle, it seemed like they tried to make up for it the rest of the game.  And I swear, every time a team gets up by two goals (or more) it is almost guaranteed they are headed to the penalty box for anything resembling a penalty.

Last night was more of the same.  I think the refs knew that Downie got away with one, with the matching penalty to Chara.  Half a minute later Tampa gets a weird penalty call.  Right after Tampa scores off Thomas' face, they got another weird one for bumping Thomas.  As soon as the B's built up a lead, they got a bunch of ticky-tack calls against them.

It just seems like an effort to keep the game even, instead of calling penalties consistently.  It is very confusing right now what is a penalty and what isn't, but if you get up by two goals, you'd better not do a thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

The "evening out" agenda is so obvious you'd think they'd just err on the side of letting the guys play more.  My impression of the first game was largely positive because I thought they had swallowed the whistles now that a title was on the line but the honeymoon's already over...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

RWTK...officials in all sports are untouchable, and beyond reproach.  it bothers me to no end that players and coaches can't openly criticize officials w/o fear of fine or "always being on the wrong end of the call".  man up i say, put officials on the podium after games and have them be accountable just like everyone else. i know it's a pipe dream, but hey, i can dream right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

do you guys pool together to get a response from me?

we were given a gold card last night. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

shupe... don't the calls even out? are the bruins supposed to apologize because the b's got a beneficial call or two?  the calls seemed to be going against the b's in many games this post-season. you have a real hard time giving any credit or accolades to the team you pull for. i don't get it. when the b's win- to you it was because the officials let them, or the opposition gave it to them. when the b's lose- they stunk the joint up, and zero credit is given to their opposition. what gives? there are lots of homers on these boards, you don't need to make up for ALL of them. we got it, YOU"RE OBJECTIVE, we're foolish homers. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]shupe... don't the calls even out? are the bruins supposed to apologize because the b's got a beneficial call or two?  the calls seemed to be going against the b's in many games this post-season. you have a real hard time giving any credit or accolades to the team you pull for. i don't get it. when the b's win- to you it was because the officials let them, or the opposition gave it to them. when the b's lose- they stunk the joint up, and zero credit is given to their opposition. what gives? there are lots of homers on these boards, you don't need to make up for ALL of them. we got it, YOU"RE OBJECTIVE, we're foolish homers. 
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

You dont read enough of my posts if thats what you truly believe.  All I asked, actually stated is that we were given the benefit of some calls and not one person mentioned it.  To which the gang jumps and shouts I am a fan of everyteam other than the Bruins. 
    I tend to give accolates to many Bruins players and will often go back and say I was wrong in regards to an argument.
    Have you EVER done this?  I read a lot of everyones posts.  You are no beaming ray of sunshine either. 
    My point is.  I saw nothing but negative cr ap the entire montreal series(in which I was one of the 1st to say they would win) based on diving, poor calls and terrible team etc etc.  I clearily pointed out in game 6 that most of those penalties had to be called(like the broken stick slash or the dump of the puck over the glass by Bergie).  It was very close in terms of calls in the series.  But it was made out that was the reason we almost lost. 

I call certain guys homers.  I joke with many about it(BsL being one)- Dez another. 

BUT, I am entitled to an opinion and if you think I am a Bruin hater go ahead.  But it would show that you havent been reading my posts and sticking up for certain ones as well. 
    I call out Chara b/c I know he has more.  Would you agree?  I say he has a lot left in his tank and I wanna see him lead.  Do you think he has done this after 2 games?  I don't/  I see Ference(who I am not a big fan of) playing great and running people with solid hits and playing with energy.  I don't see that from Chara. 

Anyway, you are more than welcome to put me on ignore. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]shupe... don't the calls even out? are the bruins supposed to apologize because the b's got a beneficial call or two?  the calls seemed to be going against the b's in many games this post-season. you have a real hard time giving any credit or accolades to the team you pull for. i don't get it. when the b's win- to you it was because the officials let them, or the opposition gave it to them. when the b's lose- they stunk the joint up, and zero credit is given to their opposition. what gives? there are lots of homers on these boards, you don't need to make up for ALL of them. we got it, YOU"RE OBJECTIVE, we're foolish homers. 

This is all very true, and I have noticed the same.  I like shupe -- good poster.  But I suspect that he is not a Bruins fan.  That's fine too, I'm not asking for a loyalty test or anything.  I just think that he always focuses on the negative side of things, or how the Bruins got lucky, didn't deserve it or whatever, instead of actually enjoying the team or pulling for the players.  Last night's win had nothing to do with the refs at all.  I suspect his allegiances lie elsewhere (which again, is fine).  Correct me if I am wrong.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

shupe, it's all about a person's track record. 8 out of 10 posts you'd be hard pressed to convince anyone you're a bruins fan. many people on this board think you're a fan of some other team. is this for no reason at all? the reason you hear negative cr ap from people, is you mostly post negative cr ap!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

fletch,

do you seriously think the refs didnt influence last nights game.  I am officially a fan of whoever the Bruins plays.  I got it.  Do I need to go through all your posts and challenge yours as well.
    TT- Great goalie, love his positive spin, likely would be a great guy off the ice.  I challenged Price over him b/c I thought Price had an MVP and is more valuable to his team.  I am now a Habs fan.
    Chara- Think he has lots more to give.  As a leader I expect that. Compared a good leader like Richards who will do whatever it takes to win.  Philly fan.
    Kaberle- Was positive even prior to getting him.  Said he would be our best player in this round.  He had an excellent game last night
    McQ- Not a huge fan.  Turns the puck over a lot.
    Ference- dived fully into him this year.  Admitted recently I was wrong.  He has played great this year and is our best dman in these playoffs.
    Seids- fan. liked him in Carolina
    Boychuk- always liked him. 
    Lucic- wasnt a fan of his contract, admitted I was wrong. Not a fan of his BS plays, but admitted that age is likely the main factor.
    DK- always liked him.  Thought he should be the odd man out if he a center was to be dealt.  Felt Datsyuk was a better player and was called a redwing fan.
    Horton- liked getting him. was frustrated and called him out. he responded and is playing fantastic.  I fall on the sword with this one like many others on here.
    Bergie- fan.  said recently he is elevating his play to new heights
    Recchi- love him, but he is old and probably should see reduced ice.
    Marchand - weasel. not a fan.  but realize he is vital to this team now and in the future.  seems to have calmed his play.  he is playing great.
    Kelly- always have been a fan and said he would be our 1st round mvp
    Peverly- always a fan since his arrival.
    Ryder- cant stand, he should pay the Bruins back for robbing us.
    Thorton- regular season guy, should never see ice come playoffs.
    Paille- fan, thought he should have been in over Thorton
    Campy- Big fan.  think he can go up to the 3rd line on most clubs
    Seguin- Future of the team.  Thought he should have stayed in junior hockey.  Probably wrong.  But I still think he would have been better for his overall developement based on CJ style.

CJ- can't stand him.  Think he holds this team down and have for a while.
    Management- hot and cold.  thought he did a good job this year.

Bruins play- I will call out anyone at anytime, good or bad.  But, normally will not call out a poster unless I am called out.

If you guys like, call me a troll.  I am a hockey fan and a Bruins fan.  I like other teams for sure.  But ultimately cheer on the B's- good or bad. 

Am I wrong ever? Yes and will fully admit it when I am. I am entitled to opinions and will never change.  But, please, for the ones calling me fans of others teams.  In this case BsL, awk and Fletch.  Do I need to research your guys posts to see that you are not all rays of light everyday.

BsL, Dez and Calo are likely the most pro-bruin and positive ones on here.  Fletch and awk.  Both very good posters(in the top 10 on here for sure, but don't say your poo-poo doesnt stink. Lord I have even been told that NAS and I are one in the same.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]shupe, it's all about a person's track record. 8 out of 10 posts you'd be hard pressed to convince anyone you're a bruins fan. many people on this board think you're a fan of some other team. is this for no reason at all? the reason you hear negative cr ap from people, is you mostly post negative cr ap!

adk,
    please just put me on ignore.  I called you awk.  challenge anyone of them and I will defend them. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

if being fair and open minded is being negative.....well then shupe, i hope you keep postiing. intelligent observations surrounded by emotional responses.
    the 'refs" aren't being fair is an emotional reaction to an intense game. both teams got called, the refs don't have magic sensors nor do they have the luxury of calling the game from their living room couch while watching tv. it's easy to second guess when you're not right there on the ice. it's part of the game. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

shupe...feel free to dig up ANY post of mine you want, nothing to hide here. you and i have had MANY good discussions. it just seems you are always finding fault, and not giving credit. that's all- i enjoy everyone's posts(it's entertaining), i have NO ONE on ignore, and find it childish to do so. we just see the world differently i guess- GO B'S  

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]if being fair and open minded is being negative.....well then shupe, i hope you keep postiing. intelligent observations surrounded by emotional responses. the 'refs" aren't being fair is an emotional reaction to an intense game. both teams got called, the refs don't have magic sensors nor do they have the luxury of calling the game from their living room couch while watching tv. it's easy to second guess when you're not right there on the ice. it's part of the game. 
    Posted by vcec[/QUOTE]

There Shupe !  Even a Tampa fan is more objective than you are .  LOL.
    Now now don't start this again... or I'll have to dump you in the deep blue sea while I enjoy the Turquoise waters.

As for Chara getting called I was upset also because Downie got in a free punch and looked like Chara didn't do anything or did he ??? Like vcec is saying, we're not there on the ice . 
    Chara must have said something that warranted that penalty.  It's not like I saw Chara complain about it afterwards.