Officiating

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Officiating

adk,
    We have had numerous good posts back and forth which is why I put you in the shupermans top 10.  I don't have to agree with everyone.  If everyone said the exact same things would this even be entertainment,  Trust me, we will meet again.  I look forward to it. 

BsL. 
    very important factor that you agreed with in regards to vcec is that its goes back and forth.  BUT, had I said that in round one(actually I did) i was torn a new one b/c I was a habs fan at that moment.

Its all good fellas.  Just stirring the pot.  Call me what you want.  Know this, I have numerous reasons to be a bruins fan.  Starting with family.  Having Glen Murray a close friend of mine playing for them twice in his career.  Meeting numerous Bruins players as well.   But I like to play the devils role.  Its just my nature to stir an argument.  No harm is meant and I will never throw any of you under the bus.  I will challenge.   Get used to it.  I am ain't going anywhere.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Shupe, again, I'm not trying to attack you and I certainly don't think my posts are always good, or whatever.  I say dumb stuff all the time.  It is just my observation and opinion that you don't seem vested in the team, because you never seem happy when they win.  To the contrary, (it seems to me) that you look for excuses of why they won when they should have lost.  Last night's game was full of imperfections (heck, incompetence) from both teams, but you have to happy as a fan that they pulled it out, and a little excited about Seguin and the thrill of it all.  To imply that they won because of the refs just seems like such an odd reaction.

I think both teams suffered from some bad calls last night.  Malone in particular seemed to receive a couple tough calls for Tampa.  On the other hand Ohlund should have gone in the first for targeting Krejci's head behind the play and Chara got some tough calls.  Yeah, I saw Chara eventually facewash Downie, but every single person in the arena knows what is happening there.  Downie is swinging away trying take Chara of the ice, over and over, through the linesman, while Chara tries to get away.  Downie suckers the refs into matching calls and helps his team.  Lots of times good refs see this taking place punish the rat (see Marchand).  You don't have to go matching there.

If you say you are a Bruins fan, I'll believe you (I don't care if you aren't either).  I just wish you enjoyed it a little more.  Regardless of what happens, we've been watching a pretty good team that has won on their merits, not luck.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Shupe

Watching last night I was of a similar idea, that the B's were bgetting the benefit of the calls. It was the first time in the playoffs, that I thought so. I was saying if you call that you have to call everything.

Yes just about every call by the rules of the game were just, it is that they are not normally called, and I thought wowsers are we going to get even upped.  The evening up was not so evident on the score sheet as we enjoyed 1 extra PP, but I beg to differ with you on the final outcome on it being handed to us on a gold platter.

The non-calls later on favoured TB and that was the way they evened it up, as these n-calls allowed TB to take possesion and return play.  The obstruction n-calls drives me cracked, especially 2 players doing it, is so obvious and yet not called.

Calls i didn't think were calls at first were all against Malone, that I had to agree all were penalties. The elbowing on Seid was def an elbow,just as much or maybe even more than the one on Pail this year, Pail hit the guy with the freakin puck. Interference call was a call but could have been let go more than a lot of n-calls.  The Goalie interference call I thought was wrong, then I realized he ran Seid (again) into the goalie where no contact needed to be made, a def good call.

Realistically, the only calls that weren't penalties both came to Chara. 1st one if you want to take Chara off then Downie has to get the extra, it works that way against the B's all the time. 2nd one was so bogus, Z played the puck it popped out thenStamkos went flying, I thought he was going getting a diving pen. Watching the replay, Stam had he had wings he could have flown, his left leg that Z never touched was easily 3 feet more airborne than the rest of his body, just hilarious a call where the player makes contact with the puck and still is called.

The real reason, I thought we were getting the better of the reffing is because we were not getting jobbed like we have been all year because we were bigger and tougher.There were numerous non calls that don't affect the game, so unless they are dirty no I don't want them called. Either call everything or nothing, no need to manufacture calls.

So many offside mistakes and they always cost someone at some point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Officiating:
    [QUOTE]Shupe, again, I'm not trying to attack you and I certainly don't think my posts are always good, or whatever.  I say dumb stuff all the time.  It is just my observation and opinion that you don't seem vested in the team, because you never seem happy when they win.  To the contrary, (it seems to me) that you look for excuses of why they won when they should have lost.  Last night's game was full of imperfections (heck, incompetence) from both teams, but you have to happy as a fan that they pulled it out, and a little excited about Seguin and the thrill of it all.  To imply that they won because of the refs just seems like such an odd reaction. I think both teams suffered from some bad calls last night.  Malone in particular seemed to receive a couple tough calls for Tampa.  On the other hand Ohlund should have gone in the first for targeting Krejci's head behind the play and Chara got some tough calls.  Yeah, I saw Chara eventually facewash Downie, but every single person in the arena knows what is happening there.  Downie is swinging away trying take Chara of the ice, over and over, through the linesman, while Chara tries to get away.  Downie suckers the refs into matching calls and helps his team.  Lots of times good refs see this taking place punish the rat (see Marchand).  You don't have to go matching there. If you say you are a Bruins fan, I'll believe you (I don't care if you aren't either).  I just wish you enjoyed it a little more.  Regardless of what happens, we've been watching a pretty good team that has won on their merits, not luck.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Fletch,

I argued all night with locaooo or whatever his name was about being happy the B's won.  I am not always on board with a lot of things and sometimes my timing stinks.  Like after the Habs series win.  I was ticked Ference laid a questionable hit after he was throwing Paille under the bus.  Bad timing on my part but a thread was created the next day by someone else.

I am happy when we win.  I was saying last night if you wanna read them over that TT may not have been great but a win is a win.  I encourage you to read them over.  I wasn't impressed with the refs b/c what comes around goes around.  I knew by giving us 3 free calls that we would be getting some questinable ones back.  BINGO...Chara's was brutal. 

Again, call me a troll, call me a negative kill joy, call me whatever.  I dont even care if people challenge my hockey knowledge.  Makes no matter.  I will continue to throw my spin on anything related to hockey.  Like starting Datsyuk and Lidtsrom threads.  I love hockey.  No one on here is gonna change that.   I am pretty even across the board when it comes to this stuff.  If I don't like something a Bruin player does(like Lucic and Horton after game 1) then I will say so.  I don't turn a blind eye when other guys do it around the league and I won't when its our guys. 

Just the way I am.  Like me or hate me, I call a spade a spade.  I am often wrong on numerous things.  I often act outta frustration.  But will normally call myself out and admit same. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't turn a blind eye when other guys do it around the league and I won't when its our guys.  Just the way I am.  Like me or hate me, I call a spade a spade.  I am often wrong on numerous things.  I often act outta frustration.  But will normally call myself out and admit same. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Okay, okay -- nobody is saying you should change.  Practically everyone here speaks their mind and thinks they 'call a spade a spade'.  But everybody sees a different definition for what a spade is.  I couldn't care less if you are controversial or negative, or whatever else -- I say whatever is on my mind too.  I'm just saying that the refs, while questionable, did not have a profound impact on that game and do not take away from a very important Bruins win.  A win is a win is a win.  I hope you enjoyed it.

I never argue with you because I think you are being too negative or not loyal enough, or whatever.  People always think they get grief here because they are being honest.  I argue because of one reason -- I think you are wrong.  And I hope you would argue back for the exact same reason.  Nobody is trying to censor you.  Of course you should stick around and write whatever you want.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

That call on Chara was not a penalty, Stamkos dives over his stick?
    Sometimes i think they got the refs from the NBA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Officiating : I don't turn a blind eye when other guys do it around the league and I won't when its our guys.  Just the way I am.  Like me or hate me, I call a spade a spade.  I am often wrong on numerous things.  I often act outta frustration.  But will normally call myself out and admit same.  Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE] Okay, okay -- nobody is saying you should change.  Practically everyone here speaks their mind and thinks they 'call a spade a spade'.  But everybody sees a different definition for what a spade is.  I couldn't care less if you are controversial or negative, or whatever else -- I say whatever is on my mind too.  I'm just saying that the refs, while questionable, did not have a profound impact on that game and do not take away from a very important Bruins win.  A win is a win is a win.  I hope you enjoyed it. I never argue with you because I think you are being too negative or not loyal enough, or whatever.  People always think they get grief here because they are being honest.  I argue because of one reason -- I think you are wrong.  And I hope you would argue back for the exact same reason.  Nobody is trying to censor you.  Of course you should stick around and write whatever you want.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch,
    I am honest to a fault sometimes.  Just my nature.  We all have our own spin on what we see and read.    Very hard to read a person through a blog.  If we all were hanging out drinkig beer and watching a game I think you would have a better appreciation for our hockey knowledge and vice versa. 

There are full fledged trolls-  I definitely don't fall in that cat.
    There are Homers who think everything is Bruins- I am not one of those.
    There are pure hockey guys- like Bookboy.  Smart dude.  Like his posts.  I would tend to throw NAS in that group as well.
    There are negative at all cost- not one of those. 

I tend to try and find good in a loss and bad in a win.  As a kid growing up and playing hockey my dad would always try and keep me grounded.  If I played a great game he would point out areas to improve.  If I stunk he would build me up and point out all the good I did.  

When I hear that horn I am jumping around like the next fool on here.  Maybe I am too negative at times.  I admit it when I am.  
    Bottom line.  Those refs were terrible last night.  This is the semi's.  I made examples of each and simply stated we were given some cookies.  In TBay we likely will be on the other end of those calls.  I am glad someone pointed out that they even out.  B/C they do. 

Cheers.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I felt the officiating was the worst I have seen in a very long time at the NHL level, but not one-sided.  Two calls against Chara, neither of which were deserved... that could have been lights out.  Also, I think the puck went in off of TT's face when his mask was off, so he was in danger and the play should have been dead.  But there were calls on TB that were weak too, and calls missed all over the place.  I never complain about refs, but last night was very bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mquig94. Show mquig94's posts

http://www.centsports.com/ref/1011448/Matt_Q