Offseason wish

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Offseason wish

Nash.
    Thomas and Krejci + any picks or prospects not named "Hamilton" would be just fine. Maybe even Lucic if needed. Time to give Seguin Krejci's job, and bump Tuukka and Khodobin a notch up the depth chart.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Offseason wish

barf.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Offseason wish:
    [QUOTE]barf.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

You must not know the talent of Mr Nash to give that response. He would be a difference maker on the B's. Neely-like possibly.

Also, and speaking of the Oates part of your moniker...maybe the B's should try to bring him back to Boston as an assistant coach to help with their power play...he has a rep for being pretty good at this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'd actually prefer somebody younger.  Nash is great, but I believe that he is on the downward arc of his career.  I would love put another piece in the long-term core, even if they are not a Nash level gamebreaker.  He would be awfully expensive too...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Ugh. If you are comparing Nash to Neely, you have never seen Nash play. They are nothing alike. Adam Oates was a wonderful player. Thus far he has had mixed results as an assistant coach. Kovalchuck has not enjoyed working with him and NJ's PP ranked identical to Boston's last year. I wouldn't call that an upgrade. I'm just going to have to avoid Nash threads. Suggesting trading really good players and assets for a guy who is older and at best a slight upgrade over existing wings, has questionable character when games count most and a huge cap hit is ridiculous. But it will continue for a few months until he is traded elsewhere. At least the Parise suggestions don't require the Bruins giving up a boatload of talent - only a boatload of cash - for a player that isn't needed.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offseason wish : You must not know the talent of Mr Nash to give that response. He would be a difference maker on the B's. Neely-like possibly. Also, and speaking of the Oates part of your moniker...maybe the B's should try to bring him back to Boston as an assistant coach to help with their power play...he has a rep for being pretty good at this.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I love Nash's game and I think he would fit perfectly into our lineup but I'd steer clear of that contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ineresting thought Tom but I am not sure the B's would be willing to fork over $7.8 million per year for the next decade for a single player. That is not really PC's style and would have cap ramifications that may not help the team in the long run. Remember, the team is eventually going to have to give Seguin some serious cash in the near future if they want to keep him, plus Marchand, Lucic, and Horton are due contracts at the next of next year (Rask this year) which will mean more dough.

That said, the B's do need one authentic sniper and probably one more D'man for 2012-13 to compete. It will be interesting to see what PC does.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NiftyKJ. Show NiftyKJ's posts

Just a suggestion. Yes, I do live in a fantasy world. But that's the fun of this board. This is what I'd like to see,and I think it works within the cap.

TT for a draft pick + prospect (Need to replenish the cupboard). Save $5M
    Krejci for Yandle (Exact same cap hit) - Yandle signed for 1 year longer than Krejci.
    Sign Parise (Assume $7M)
    Sign Kelly (Assume $3.5M)

Add Yandle and Parise for $2M, when you remove TT and Krejci's cap hit. Kelly's hit is $1.375M. Sign Tuuka for $4M.

Forwards
    Lucic-Seguin-Parise
    Marchand-Bergy-Horton
    Caron-Kelly-Peverly
    Thornton ++ for the 4th line

D
    Chara-Seids
    Yandle-Boychuk
    Ference-McQuaid
    Hamilton

After next year, you could let Horton and Ference go to UFA, and have $$ remaining to sign Seguin and Lucic. Hamilton should be ready after spending 1 year as the 7th D-man. Assume 1 or 2 or the young forward prospects are ready to step in by then (Spooner, Knight, Koko,etc.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

All for moving krejci but not looch. Krejci and Thomas plus picks could land a big time winger

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBfan67. Show BBfan67's posts

Agreed as much as I love Krejci, i would package him with Thomas and see if NJ would part with Zach Parisie. Just part of my wish list.

[QUOTE]All for moving krejci but not looch. Krejci and Thomas plus picks could land a big time winger
    Posted by tbone77[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Look at Lecavalier in Tampa when his play dips (it has) or he gets injured Yzerman can't do anything to help the team. Big cap hits hurt when the team gets hit with injuries or support players not playing up to their abilities (Sturm and Ryder in Boston). I would think PC has learned his lessons.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed as much as I love Krejci, i would package him with Thomas and see if NJ would part with Zach Parisie. Just part of my wish list. In Response to Re: Offseason wish :
    Posted by BBfan67[/QUOTE]

Parise is an unrestricted free agent, no need to trade anything for him....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

a top four d-man and top six forward....

i'll let PC figure out on how to get it done.... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Any hockey player that knows his way to the net and THEN knows how to put the bisket passed the goalie, is who we should get.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

.... No more "who would you want" posts until July 1st.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If Horton is LTRed then Parise is a wish.

If Thomas has poor exit exam then look for a forward like Parise.

Chara has some left in the tank, he just needs a better supporting cast.  Hamilton makes the team and has an impact... wish.

Otherwise if it ain't broken don't fix.  

BTW stop the Lucic nonesense, he is what he is, just get Horton back if at all possilbe.  Those two work off of each other.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

B's get rid of Timmy and sign Purcell. They need a goalie; we need an other top-6 forward. I also feel that the B's need to figure out when to hand the reigns over to Tuukka.
    That move would actually open up about 2.5 in cap space.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Nash? The guy who is possibly 3rd in the league in terms of having a disgusting contract (behind Gomez and Lebrongo, of course).

No thanks. I'll pass on a guy who puts up just a few more points than Marchand.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

b's need a scoring threat, especially on PP.  Guys like Parise with scoring touch and grind do not come to UFA status often, he would be worth Savard and Corvo's money.  Let's be honest and unbiased here, 2 Mill more for Parise than Krejci is a no brainer.  The way salaries have been going, like J Wis getting 5.5 last year, the estimated 7Mill for Parise or even 7.5 for Nash isn't as much of an albatross as it used to be, only about 12% of the cap space now, when we signed Jumbo Joe and Z they were close to 20%!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

I'm wishing for a Stanley Cup in 2013!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]b's need a scoring threat, especially on PP.  Guys like Parise with scoring touch and grind do not come to UFA status often, he would be worth Savard and Corvo's money.  Let's be honest and unbiased here, 2 Mill more for Parise than Krejci is a no brainer.  The way salaries have been going, like J Wis getting 5.5 last year, the estimated 7Mill for Parise or even 7.5 for Nash isn't as much of an albatross as it used to be, only about 12% of the cap space now, when we signed Jumbo Joe and Z they were close to 20%!
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the new CBA, where the salary cap is projected to go down.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

To never lay eyes on Corvo, Rolston, Mottau, Pouliot, Zanon In a Bruins uniform...

Sections
Shortcuts