offsides on game winning goal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: offsides on game winning goal

really tough call to make, but his skate was not on the ice= offside. kinda reminds me of the icing call made near the end of regulation of game 5 van v sj. they're catching the calls in their favor. and they are game deciding calls. they are coin flip calls that could go either way- but they are seemingly going in their favor. what's up with kelly getting punched in the face by torres, and there is no call? not a face wash, but punched in the face. kelly had to get repairs after that. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

I originally thought it was on onside but this proves otherwise
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSxlBkX7vcc

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

WAAAAAAAAHHHHH! UHG! Seriously? Are we going to be having threads about this baby stuff after every game the B's lose!!! It wasn't offside!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In Response to Re: offsides on game winning goal:
    [QUOTE]WAAAAAAAAHHHHH! UHG! Seriously? Are we going to be having threads about this baby stuff after every game the B's lose!!! It wasn't offside!!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Questionable call that leads to the winning goal is baby stuff? What are boards good for if you can't argue bad calls. I don't think it's offside but it's close.

OK guys, can you please be more manly in your assessment of the game.

Also, if you scream louder, put it all in caps, and put exclamation points at the end, people will probably listen to you more..........

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

i duuno if hes offside i think so i do no , it tore out my heart handed it to me and threw it in my face tuff loss B's played good to GR8 one mistake kills em

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: offsides on game winning goal : Questionable call that leads to the winning goal is baby stuff? What are boards good for if you can't argue bad calls. I don't think it's offside but it's close. OK guys, can you please be more manly in your assessment of the game. Also, if you scream louder, put it all in caps, and put exclamation points at the end, people will probably listen to you more..........
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

As the above link that was posted. Did you come on here & question that offside which was even more blantant? A game winning goal by the B's. So? Were you man enough to come on here & talk about that? Bad calls for every team. It goes both ways. The B's have had just as many calls go for them as against them. I think it's silly to come on here whining about blown calls! It's hockey; it's the play-offs & the refs are just as nervous as the players. They're human & make mistakes; just as the players do. Which created the 2 on 1 to begin with.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Close call to be sure, but why the line change with 25 seconds left in the game?!?!
    That's what really cost them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

...at least we are all not crying about it like Habs fans would be. Great play resulting in a great goal. I thought it was offsides too but I'll give the linesman the benefit of the doubt. He was in good position and signaled onside immediately.

on to game 2

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

nitemare...ask the sharks about bad calls, like the icing call that gave the nucks a faceoff deep in sj zone, which ultimately determined that game winner? or was it the krejci "cross check"? or the sedin "embelishment"? or the torres stiff left to kelly's face? sure the refs were nervous...but please point out the calls that went in the bruins favor... it seems not only the hockey gods, but analysts, commentators, and refs really want a cup to return to canada. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: offsides on game winning goal : As the above link that was posted. Did you come on here & question that offside which was even more blantant? A game winning goal by the B's. So? Were you man enough to come on here & talk about that? Bad calls for every team. It goes both ways. The B's have had just as many calls go for them as against them. I think it's silly to come on here whining about blown calls! It's hockey; it's the play-offs & the refs are just as nervous as the players. They're human & make mistakes; just as the players do. Which created the 2 on 1 to begin with.

Easily becoming one of my favorites on here.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: offsides on game winning goal:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: offsides on game winning goal : looked like his toe dragged.  I think the linesman may have gave it to him for effort anyway Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

So you didn't see it but then but commented on it typical post from you. Yah cause that's what linesman do grade on a curve for effort nice.

Go take your meds

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

All night I was screaming for the D to step up. Then Boychuck decides he should step up with Kessler and Torres entering the zone??

Who is the Defensive coach? The D makes terrible reads like that ll the time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

SDB...if we didn't know better(i'm not sure we do), you'd think shupe was a canucks fan. funny stuff...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah first ADK it was "Tampa this, Tampa that" his reply will be "stop picking on me and take your black n gold glasses off" more of the same.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: offsides on game winning goal : As the above link that was posted. Did you come on here & question that offside which was even more blantant? A game winning goal by the B's. So? Were you man enough to come on here & talk about that? Bad calls for every team. It goes both ways. The B's have had just as many calls go for them as against them. I think it's silly to come on here whining about blown calls! It's hockey; it's the play-offs & the refs are just as nervous as the players. They're human & make mistakes; just as the players do. Which created the 2 on 1 to begin with.

Not saying that it was or wasn't offsides and I blame the goal on an over aggressive Boychuk, not the refs. Just saying that it's a bit silly to tell everyone to stop whining about it.......well, that's what these boards are for - fans need to whine after a game.

I didn't think it was offsides but it was close and I don't have a problem with people posting about it. If you don't like the whining, don't post on the whining post. It was close and I don't mind people arguing about it.

Doesn't matter which team is hurt by a bad call, a bad call is a bad call no matter who benefits (saying that in a general sense).

And enough with this "man enough" muff cabbage, I man up to my mistakes and will eat crow when its justified. Just because I didn't come on here and complain that the Bs benefited from a bad call doesn't mean I can't tell you to relax when you're yelling at people to stop whining. I'm a homer but an objective one.......most of the time.

Relax, it's a long series.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

[QUOTE]No offsides. Bs played it poorly and at the worst moment in the game. Costly turnover. But overall they played great. Tough loss. But they can surely beat this team. I agree that it is time to take Recchi off the PP. Put Chara back on D. And put Lucic in front. Chara's shot is needed back there. And the way the Canucks sit back, he could get lots of shots.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Yes agree

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Don't blame the linesman!  He has to make a decision in a millisecond, when the game is going full speed.  It amazes me that they get it right as many times as they do.  We can see it in super slo-mo, frame-by-frame, twenty times, and STILL, there's debate.

You want blame?  How about Boychuk, who picks the absolute wrong time (and against the absolute worse guy-- Kesler) to make a bad read.

And how about Horton?  Maybe someone should tell  him that he's in the Stanley Cup Final!  Where was he all afternoon?  (can't say "all night", when the game starts at 5:00).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: offsides on game winning goal : So you didn't see it but then but commented on it typical post from you. Yah cause that's what linesman do grade on a curve for effort nice. Go take your meds
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Actually saw it during the game and the immediate slow mo on CBC.  I thought he was onside.  Not this Country Mile thing you refer to.  The media played it up some but the players didnt. 
    Homerism can't be cured.  Logical non-biased opinions in your mind need meds.  Gottcha

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Yah first ADK it was "Tampa this, Tampa that" his reply will be "stop picking on me and take your black n gold glasses off" more of the same.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

And I need Meds.  I think you have a man crush on me.  Stop following me around you ambulance chaser

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

[QUOTE]If his skate was truly touching the ice, it was onside. It's hard to tell from an aerial view.   Bottom line is the trailing defender let Torres beat him.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

This is exactly the point.....offside or not; KELLY allowed Torres to skate right by him as he was puck watching & should not have been involved as there was already two white jerseys along the wall on the pinch, he lost his assignment & the 2-on-1 cost 'em.

I cant stand Thomas, but he played fantastic last night!  Same w/ Ference, I beat him up quite a bit on these boards, but I thought he had a great game last night!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: offsides on game winning goal : Not saying that it was or wasn't offsides and I blame the goal on an over aggressive Boychuk, not the refs. Just saying that it's a bit silly to tell everyone to stop whining about it.......well, that's what these boards are for - fans need to whine after a game. I didn't think it was offsides but it was close and I don't have a problem with people posting about it. If you don't like the whining, don't post on the whining post. It was close and I don't mind people arguing about it. Doesn't matter which team is hurt by a bad call, a bad call is a bad call no matter who benefits (saying that in a general sense). And enough with this "man enough" muff cabbage, I man up to my mistakes and will eat crow when its justified. Just because I didn't come on here and complain that the Bs benefited from a bad call doesn't mean I can't tell you to relax when you're yelling at people to stop whining. I'm a homer but an objective one.......most of the time. Relax, it's a long series.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, we all react to & grade what's silly & whining differently. I feel lets whine & complain how the B's didn't score on the 5 on 3. Or that (as much as I love the guy) Recchi is still on the PP more than Seguin. These are legit things that need to be addressed. Complaining about Bruins getting punched in the face & taking great hip checks ( I looked at that hit 10 x's & I didn't see anything that could be considered a low bridge) I find that silly.

Why? I said this before. We're Bruins fans. Big Bad Bruins fans. Why are they called bad? They play with an edge right? They'll give it & have snarl & bite! Not the Burrows type of bite, but a nasty side. Is this not what we "love" about the B's. Isn't Boston the Blue Collar type that likes some nastiness. This is why I get so peeved off about complaining about a punch, or a hip check & bad calls. We root for a team that plays tough, but when another player from another team does something that we like seeing our B's team do. We're calling "foul" and for suspensions. Adk? I'm speaking about another thread; not about yours this time.

Sections
Shortcuts