Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then.

Found this little gem. Can you say.... gutless?

49.... where you at?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then.

The real reason was he was following coaches orders. Lure, fake, taunt , instigate the Bruins and get us a powerplay.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

What do you want me to say?  Frankly, I don't think there's room on the Canucks roster for thugs.  We have a couple of guys who fight, but clearly, the Canucks and Bruins have different philosophies on how to build a successful team.  Both teams got to the Finals last year.  The Bruins won, but who's to say that if they meet again this year, the Canucks won't take it?  Obviously, both models are successful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think we're saying the same thing.  Fight, or don't fight.  However, what Weise does is the same as many others on that team -- pretend they want to fight then run to the safety of the refs.  That's why Chicago hates Vancouver too.  It's not like Detroit, who stays above that stuff.  It's poke, taunt, lure...and then run away. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think Recchi has already covered this...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It's not a good look for Weise to be sure.  He'd also be wise to not think McQuaid would be more to his liking. 

We all know Don Cherry can be over the top sometimes.  On his Grapevine show this afternoon he said last Saturday's melee/Canuck ambush instigated by Burrows' poke to the leg of a Bruin player near both benches illustrated the difference in the two clubs. 

Marchand upends Salo, albeit, dangerously so and two Canucks skate in and give him a shove.  Burrows does his thing and the Bruins explode like a bomb.  Hadn't thought of it that way but he's right.  I'm just glad the Bruins are around to help some teams develop their assertiveness.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I think the fact that the Bruins are known for being somewhat undisciplined will lead many teams to try to bait them into taking bad penalties, then capitalizing on the power play.  Guys like Thorton are this far (I'm holding my thumb and index finger a 1/4" apart) from losing it on every shift, so why not try to take advantage of that and try to gain an advantage?  People say "the way to beat the Canucks is to hit the Sedins".  Perhaps the way to beat the Bruins is to goad them into bad penalties?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then.:
    [QUOTE]I think the fact that the Bruins are known for being somewhat undisciplined will lead many teams to try to bait them into taking bad penalties, then capitalizing on the power play.  Guys like Thorton are this far (I'm holding my thumb and index finger a 1/4" apart) from losing it on every shift, so why not try to take advantage of that and try to gain an advantage?  People say "the way to beat the Canucks is to hit the Sedins".  Perhaps the way to beat the Bruins is to goad them into bad penalties?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

It certainly worked the way the game last week was called.  It worked for the first two games of the Stanley Cup last year too...

...but eventually refs catch on.  Then you get what you had last year, and Vancouver players, management and fans howling about the very predicament their behavior got them in.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]What do you want me to say?  Frankly, I don't think there's room on the Canucks roster for thugs.  We have a couple of guys who fight, but clearly, the Canucks and Bruins have different philosophies on how to build a successful team.  Both teams got to the Finals last year.  The Bruins won, but who's to say that if they meet again this year, the Canucks won't take it?  Obviously, both models are successful.

FYI the Bruins didn't need a fight to win the Stanley cup. They outscored the Canucks.
    Is that the only word those tree huggers out on the West coast know " thugs"  ? That' all I've been reading coming from there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I think the fact that the Bruins are known for being somewhat undisciplined will lead many teams to try to bait them into taking bad penalties, then capitalizing on the power play.  Guys like Thorton are this far (I'm holding my thumb and index finger a 1/4" apart) from losing it on every shift, so why not try to take advantage of that and try to gain an advantage?  People say "the way to beat the Canucks is to hit the Sedins".  Perhaps the way to beat the Bruins is to goad them into bad penalties?

49 - Perhaps but to have most any team try to defend 11 PP opportunities is quite the task, even to one that usually defends as well as the Bruins.  If the Canucks' top-ranked PP or any other effective extra man unit has the deck stacked greatly in their favour, they're bound to capitalize sooner or later.  Maybe not to the tune of 4 PP goals every time but they'll sink some.  It decided Saturday's game . 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I don't doubt there is that thought among teams in the league but let's not forget the Bruins have a healthy amount of skill in their mix also as the Canucks discovered to their dismay last spring.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Your first 2 pps was a 5 on 3 that the league even admitted was wrong (so to say).  Perhaps you were helped from the get go ? 
    after that make up call after make up call you still got the benefit and received more pps.
    You're theory is flawed because in a 7 game series those refs would not see another whistle till the fall.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

the wiesel is on the right team. I almost like the canadiens compared to those queens.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

7 game series with the "thugs" outscoring "Canada's team" 23-8.

Boy... we really do not have the same definition of a thug.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then. : 49 - Perhaps but to have most any team try to defend 11 PP opportunities is quite the task, even to one that usually defends as well as the Bruins.  If the Canucks' top-ranked PP or any other effective extra man unit has the deck stacked greatly in their favour, they're bound to capitalize sooner or later.  Maybe not to the tune of 4 PP goals every time but they'll sink some.  It decided Saturday's game . 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Don't forget, the Bruins also had 7 power plays.  If they score on even one of them, the game's going to OT.  Also, let's not forget the blown icing call, which directly resulted in a Bruins goal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then. : Don't forget, the Bruins also had 7 power plays.  If they score on even one of them, the game's going to OT.  Also, let's not forget the blown icing call, which directly resulted in a Bruins goal.

If you want to talk about blown calls what about this rule as described by Kerry Fraser

Rule 46.3 (still under Fighting) clearly defines an "altercation" in the simplest language; "An altercation is a situation involving two players with at least one to be penalized."

"Burrows and Thornton received slashing minors for their stickwork on each other. Thornton also was assessed a roughing minor. There is no doubt we have an altercation in progress"

"That's why Lapierre is my pick for the third man to enter the altercation (one in progress between Thornton and Burrows). Instead of receiving just the 10-minute misconduct that Lapierre was assessed, I would have given him a double minor for roughing (for number of punches thrown) in addition to a game misconduct under rule 46.16 as the third man in the altercation (as defined in rule 46.3)."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

The Canucklehead lost the Cup. Period. They won a league game. Period. Don't come onto a Bruin site and shoot your lips off about what is wrong with the Bruins. You have plenty to worry about in your gutless team called the Canuckleheads, the most hated team in the NHL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

There are enough other teams out there besides the B's that hate the Nucks gutless style of play, Flames, Sharks, Blackhawks, Ducks to name a few. The Nucks reputation is justly deserved. Being hypocrites is another Nuck trait. Their management and fan base isn't far behind

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

The Canucks won this game by sucking on referee di.ck. Nothing new there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

The facts are that the Bruins have been near the top of the league in fewest minor penalties for about 5 years now but don't lets the facts get in the way of your weak argument.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I guess biting someone's finger, and then continuing to taunt that act is what you are referring to when you describe the canuck skill "model". It's ironic that those very acts are the reason that Vancouver lost the cup...they "goaded" the bruins all right, all the way to the winning the cup.

You should be careful when trying to bait this team( if you haven't figured that out already) The worst thing you could do would be to get the Bruins playing with emotion and finishing their checks - because it's over if that happens.

I'd say keep your head down, try not to make eye contact, and keep your mouth shut. Just keep hoping that someday fancy skating and stickhandling will be all you need to be a champion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then. : Don't forget, the Bruins also had 7 power plays.  If they score on even one of them, the game's going to OT.  Also, let's not forget the blown icing call, which directly resulted in a Bruins goal.

The potential icing was immediatley and clearly (loud yell) waved off by the linesman. Good try tho

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Hey, take it easy on the kid! There are a handful of players out there that have been diagnosed with vaginitus, he's doing the best he can.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then. : I guess biting someone's finger, and then continuing to taunt that act is what you are referring to when you describe the canuck skill "model". It's ironic that those very acts are the reason that Vancouver lost the cup...they "goaded" the bruins all right, all the way to the winning the cup. You should be careful when trying to bait this team( if you haven't figured that out already) The worst thing you could do would be to get the Bruins playing with emotion and finishing their checks - because it's over if that happens. I'd say keep your head down, try not to make eye contact, and keep your mouth shut. Just keep hoping that someday fancy skating and stickhandling will be all you need to be a champion.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    Bang on Wensink, U hit the nail right on the head buddy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]7 game series with the "thugs" outscoring "Canada's team" 23-8. Boy... we really do not have the same definition of a thug.
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

No use to reply to his/her threads . Doesn't answer when wrong or proven wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts