Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then.

In Response to Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then. : The facts are that the Bruins have been near the top of the league in fewest minor penalties for about 5 years now but don't lets the facts get in the way of your weak argument.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

On the other hand, they were 3rd in the league in major penalties last season, and lead the league this year. 

Just the facts.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/team/_/stat/major-penalties/sort/majorPenalties

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then. : I guess biting someone's finger, and then continuing to taunt that act is what you are referring to when you describe the canuck skill "model". It's ironic that those very acts are the reason that Vancouver lost the cup...they "goaded" the bruins all right, all the way to the winning the cup. You should be careful when trying to bait this team( if you haven't figured that out already) The worst thing you could do would be to get the Bruins playing with emotion and finishing their checks - because it's over if that happens. I'd say keep your head down, try not to make eye contact, and keep your mouth shut. Just keep hoping that someday fancy skating and stickhandling will be all you need to be a champion.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and Recchi and Lucic did the same thing, AND were admonished by their coach for doing so.  Let's get off the moral high horse here, OK?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

[QUOTE]... AND were admonished by their coach for doing so. Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Bingo. How much admonishing did Vineault do? The problem with the Canucks starts with management and ther philosophies. Why do you think other players hate your team so much?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

queens are worse than the habs and that's saying something.  even subban will eventually drop the gloves. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatthefaulk. Show whatthefaulk's posts

[QUOTE]I think the fact that the Bruins are known for being somewhat undisciplined will lead many teams to try to bait them into taking bad penalties, then capitalizing on the power play.  Guys like Thorton are this far (I'm holding my thumb and index finger a 1/4" apart) from losing it on every shift, so why not try to take advantage of that and try to gain an advantage?  People say "the way to beat the Canucks is to hit the Sedins".  Perhaps the way to beat the Bruins is to goad them into bad penalties?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHA

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE] You're theory is flawed because in a 7 game series those refs would not see another whistle till the fall.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

The linesmen may not have either, as they missed a fairly obvious icing which led to the Bruins 2nd goal. All in all, it was by and large a poorly officiated contest all around.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then. : The potential icing was immediatley and clearly (loud yell) waved off by the linesman. Good try tho
    Posted by OrrandPapiRGods[/QUOTE]

You forgot "erroneously" to go along with immediately and clearly. A loud bad call is still a bad call, and it couldn't be any more glaring that they missed the call.

I repeat: the officials in that contest left a lot to be desired.....all the way around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then. : You forgot "erroneously" to go along with immediately and clearly. A loud bad call is still a bad call, and it couldn't be any more glaring that they missed the call. I repeat: the officials in that contest left a lot to be desired.....all the way around.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]A well coached team knows that you play hard till you hear a whistle, don't "assume" anything.Plus the fact the icing was waved and yelled off.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then. : Bingo. How much admonishing did Vineault do? The problem with the Canucks starts with management and ther philosophies. Why do you think other players hate your team so much?
    Posted by bridgemanusa[/QUOTE]

And how do you know that AV didn't admonish Burrows, Lapierre, et al?  Perhaps the Canucks policy is that these conversations stay "in the room", rather than calling out players in the media?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then. : And how do you know that AV didn't admonish Burrows, Lapierre, et al?  Perhaps the Canucks policy is that these conversations stay "in the room", rather than calling out players in the media?

Are you referring to dealing with players inhouse??? Because AV has absolutely no problem running his mouth to the media about players on other teams.

You'd think he'd hold his players just as culpable as players on other teams. But this clearly isn't the case.

Its why many of us are rabid about his comments.

PS I also think Julien owned AV with the sarcastic "Well their just the smartest team in the league." comment.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then. : And how do you know that AV didn't admonish Burrows, Lapierre, et al?  Perhaps the Canucks policy is that these conversations stay "in the room", rather than calling out players in the media?
    They don't mind calling out other teams players in the media, double standard as usual.If they called out their own players in the media maybe they'd be more credible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

This wasn't actually done to the media.  It happened on the ice, then after the game orin between periods in an interview Marchand (if I remember correctly) said something along the lines of "Yea, Coach let me know that was unacceptable."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then. : Are you referring to dealing with players inhouse??? Because AV has absolutely no problem running his mouth to the media about players on other teams. You'd think he'd hold his players just as culpable as players on other teams. But this clearly isn't the case. Its why many of us are rabid about his comments. PS I also think Julien owned AV with the sarcastic "Well their just the smartest team in the league." comment.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

That's your view -- from Vancouver, it just sounded childish and petty.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then. : That's your view -- from Vancouver, it just sounded childish and petty.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]Sounds like your describing Vigneault ,Burrows and Lapierre

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

Reads like all the girls have their pink panties in a bunch. It's like reading a high school face book page. 
    Perception perception perception. The Bruins are a skilled team with a short memory and the attitude of Alfred E Newman. So what? It's who they are, either beat em at their own game or go home. Why argue perception? I'm sorry I didn't see this game. Somehow the video highlights are not doing it justice. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In response to "Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then.": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh.... It's because he was tired. Ok then. : Sounds like your describing Vigneault ,Burrows and Lapierre Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE] Don't forget Gillis.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

"I got in the box and we exchanged a couple of words and I realized how tired I was," he remembered. "And when I got out of there, I still couldn't catch my breath and that's why a couple of other guys were challenging me. It was like, 'Let me catch my breath.'"

He fought Horton at 3:54 of the first period and Campbell and Lapierre fight at 14:58 of the first period.  He gets challenged after their fight.

So some 11 minutes later minimum, not including stoppage in play and commercial breaks, this so called professional athlete is tired?

Sections
Shortcuts