OHL trade deadline

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

OHL trade deadline

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/cody-ceci-slater-koekkoek-top-ohl-trade-deadline-180956810.html

"There are riches waiting for the Ontario Hockey League GM who outmanoeuvres his counterparts at the trade deadline, even though there might not be a Ritchie available.

The NHL's labour armageddon (hat tip to Howard Bloom) has left junior teams wishing to rebuild in dark over whether they can package off star players who could be spirited away. The OHL trade deadline is Jan. 10, right around the supposed drop date for a NHL season.

That has kept the hot stove league cool heading into the holiday trade freeze which expires next week (Windsor Spitfires coach Bob Boughner recently: "Everybody's wondering what’s going to happen with the lockout. Even the teams that are going for it aren’t making any moves.") Coach-GM Marty Williamson's Niagara IceDogs have the best available 19-year-old centre, power winger and No. 1 defenceman in their fold respectively in Ryan Strome, Brett Ritchie and Dougie Hamilton, but how can they deal without knowing how long any of the Team Canada trio are for junior puck?

Rest assured, though, some big names will have new jerseys once the deadline expires three weeks from Thursday. It is an inevitability; it's too early to wonder who is headed where, but there is a pretty good idea of the five most highly sought after players who do not wear IceDogs black and red. "

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/12/18/struggling-ottawa-67s-prepare-for-jan-10-ohl-trade-deadline

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=11685

Following the OHL allot more this year for obvious reasons. Found it to be fun especially with 5 Bruins prospects in the top 15. I don't strat following College Hockey with intensity (No I don't were by BC Eagles jammies while watching Fletch!) until the beanpot cause that's when things heat up. I've decided to keep buying packages to watch OHL online and follow the OHL trade deadline.

Has there been a history of pretty big swing trades at the deadline that send teams over the top ?

Is the OHL trade deadline pretty much the same as the NHLs, Terrible teams just dumping and the better teams just get the pick of the litter ? Or do some teams hang on to their studs becuase the have elgibility left ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: OHL trade deadline

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/cody-ceci-slater-koekkoek-top-ohl-trade-deadline-180956810.html

"There are riches waiting for the Ontario Hockey League GM who outmanoeuvres his counterparts at the trade deadline, even though there might not be a Ritchie available.

The NHL's labour armageddon (hat tip to Howard Bloom) has left junior teams wishing to rebuild in dark over whether they can package off star players who could be spirited away. The OHL trade deadline is Jan. 10, right around the supposed drop date for a NHL season.

That has kept the hot stove league cool heading into the holiday trade freeze which expires next week (Windsor Spitfires coach Bob Boughner recently: "Everybody's wondering what’s going to happen with the lockout. Even the teams that are going for it aren’t making any moves.") Coach-GM Marty Williamson's Niagara IceDogs have the best available 19-year-old centre, power winger and No. 1 defenceman in their fold respectively in Ryan Strome, Brett Ritchie and Dougie Hamilton, but how can they deal without knowing how long any of the Team Canada trio are for junior puck?

Rest assured, though, some big names will have new jerseys once the deadline expires three weeks from Thursday. It is an inevitability; it's too early to wonder who is headed where, but there is a pretty good idea of the five most highly sought after players who do not wear IceDogs black and red. "

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/12/18/struggling-ottawa-67s-prepare-for-jan-10-ohl-trade-deadline

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=11685

Following the OHL allot more this year for obvious reasons. Found it to be fun especially with 5 Bruins prospects in the top 15. I don't strat following College Hockey with intensity (No I don't were by BC Eagles jammies while watching Fletch!) until the beanpot cause that's when things heat up. I've decided to keep buying packages to watch OHL online and follow the OHL trade deadline.

Has there been a history of pretty big swing trades at the deadline that send teams over the top ?

Is the OHL trade deadline pretty much the same as the NHLs, Terrible teams just dumping and the better teams just get the pick of the litter ? Or do some teams hang on to their studs becuase the have elgibility left ?

Because of the amount of people who follow the OHL on this board (my coach BB, you, me and of course heyoo/bruins8 with his free OHL website)  I'll be glad to contribute.

Best words described for the deadline are fire sales, blockbuster trades with older players moving to the contending teams with younger players and picks ( lots of picks........many...... and vast amounts ) in return. Biggger names too, not just average players. It really is an interesting time of the year if you're a fan and know the players. I like it better then the NHL trade deadline because of the movement of the higher quality players. The NHL deadline doesn't have this as much anymore.

As the article suggests though will the lockout have an impact on it ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: OHL trade deadline

I am assuming that the US Federal Judge rules in favor of the NHL owners. This will give the owners more bargaining power and they will dig in further. So I don't think the lockout will affect the OHL trade deadline.

Sections
Shortcuts