OHL Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: OHL Update

Nice report thankyou

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Thanks for the update, looking forward to when London is in town to see him play.

A player who is draft eligible in 2011 that I have been very impressed with is Alexander Khokhlachev.  Still early but like the skill level that he has shown so far.

When the Windsor Spitfires signed him the headline in the local paper stated "some scouts compare him to former Detroit Red Wing star Sergei Fedorov and North American Central Scouting has him rated eighth in the world for the 2011 NHL draft"

This is his 1st season in the OHL, in 5 pre season games he had 4 goals and 9 asst. for 13 pts.
    Windsor has played 3 regular season games and so far he has 3 goals and 3 asst.

Playing in the Kontinental Hockey League sponsored Russian Junior League, Khokhlachev had 15 goals and 40 points in 51 games last season.

At last year's World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, he led the Russian team in scoring and was second in the tournament with five goals and 13 points in six games and was named to the all-star team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Had the chance to see Daniel Catenacci play last night for the Greyhounds against the Windsor Spitfires.

For those who may not know who he is, Catenacci was the #1 pick overall in the 2009 OHL draft.  He has been picked by TSN to go 23rd in the 2011 NHL draft.

Great speed, played both C and LW last night.  Saw time on both the PP and the PK for them.  Picked up an asst. in their 5-1 win but created many scoring chances for others with some excellent moves and pass.

If not for goalie Jack Campbell of the Spits, 1st round pick of Dallas 2010 #11, Catenacci would have put up some decent numbers yesterday.

Catenacci didn't shy away from the rough stuff as he went hard after loose pucks in the corner as well as going to the front of the net.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Can I suggest we keep this thread as one thread rather than start new ones?  It would be great to keep all this info and all these impressions in one place.

I don't know how many games I'll get to, but I'll chime in when I can.  Friends are billetting a top pick this year....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

The mock draft site I look at periodically says Namestnikov plays in the KHL.  Is that wrong?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Scott Harrington is ranked 16th right now on mynhldraft.com so I'll look to you Chowda for some updates as to why he might move up in the draft.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

How did Matt Puempel's play look form what you saw Chowda ? Looks like he has 6 points and 6 PIMs in 3 games so far...I say the Bruins need to keep going with wingers using the Lufas #1 2011 pick...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to Re: OHL Update:
    Thanks chowda (good stuff). I'm in a bush camp in northern Alberta for the winter. Thank god for internet.
    Posted by pauly1

Where too Pauly, heading to Firebag next week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I should be home christmas to at least relax and watch the juniors.

You are correct, camp without internet and be stuck watching oilers and flames, no way have to quit and starve.lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

I should be home christmas to at least relax and watch the juniors. You are correct, camp without internet and be stuck watching oilers and flames, no way have to quit and starve.lol
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT
    Me to....and I here ya about the flames and oilers, there kind of like fast food, good in small doses. LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: OHL Update : Where too Pauly, heading to Firebag next week.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT
    I'm actualy 4 hours north of Fort Nelson BC. up the Komi Rd. There predicting 5 to 10,000 more gas wells up here in the not to far future. So it will be here or Zama AB. for the winter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Thanks Chowdah, all info is well received! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Wonder who the Leafs net us this year, the debate should be another good one.

Keep the updates coming, they are great, thanks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

A Leaf and a Hab fan together can at least talk some hockey sense.  An oiler and a flame in the same room is just sick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

In Response to Re: OHL Update : Great report winexpos ! Thanks for this.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Thanks, I'll try to give some input as well to different draft eligible players I see thru the season.

The Spits play Sault Ste. Marie on Thurs. the player I want to see for them is Daniel Catenacci, who TSN and ISS has listed as #23 for the 2011 draft.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Thanks chowda (good stuff). I'm in a bush camp in northern Alberta for the winter. Thank god for internet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

This type of report is great, - Please keep it up. Asked Fluto last year to update periodically from the minors.  I guess, no resources. I tried to follow prospects last year based on local papers but all in all was a waste of my time.  Apart from game summaries and U of Denver was very difficult.

Thanks

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

i was at my 5 yr old learn to skate program there was a little guy flying around there..ill keep an eye on him and comment after i see him a few times
    Posted by bruins8

At least we would know which young players to ignore because your opinion on players is worthless.Spend more time studying the game and less time trolling if you want to learn anything about hockey.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Thanks for the updates Chowdahkid- Jared Knight will be in Windsor next Saturday so looking forward to seeing him play.  Hopefully he takes it easy on them :-) stil a Spits fan after all.
    Posted by winexpos

LOL..  keep it up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

i was at my 5 yr old learn to skate program there was a little guy flying around there..ill keep an eye on him and comment after i see him a few times
    Posted by bruins8

Are you too dumb to understand that the draft next year holds special interest for Bruins fans?

We know Toronto fans have no interest.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: OHL Update : Got a good feeling about Puempel hope he's available when the Bruins pick with Toronto's #1 this summer.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Say it again,  please please please ....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He hasn't been the same since they cancelled Philicity.
    Posted by Bookboy007

OMG LMFAO !!!!!

Chowdah ,  thanks.  When will Sportsnetstart showing some of those OHLgames on friday nights (was out last night) ? 
    Maybe some of those games will get streamed ?  OHL website has updates also.
    Anyways thank you for this thread,  enjoying it thus far.
    Cheers ! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

What's up chowdah and winexpo ? I hope bruins8 remarks of you and OHL updates haven't discouraged you ? 
    Posted by BsLegion

bruins8 would be the last of my worries, guy is nothing more than a troll that knows nothing about hockey.

Had the chance to see Jared Knight play last night against the Spits. Knight ended up with a goal and an asst in the game.

London had him playing everywhere last night, started on RW then moved him to Centre and also saw some shifts at LW.  On one of the power plays London had they decided to have Knight on the point, that's where he picked up his asst as his shot from the point was tipped in.

Very quick release and speed on the wing.  He had some great quality shots on net besides the goal he had and set up his line mates for some excellent opportunities.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Channel surfed 8 OHL hockey games Friday night trying to watch as many prospects play as possible. Ok, on to Spooner and the Petes. Spooner started the game centering a line with Matt Puempel (LW) and Nashville's 1st rounder Austin Watson (RW). 20 seconds in he had a good scoring chance. Spooner had 2 goals . One on a rebound that came out to the slot where he was . The other was a goal that was set up by the hard work of Puempel. Puemple brought the puck into the offensive zone where he was 1 on 3. He had a good scoring chance and then got the rebound and had another scoring chance. The puck went into the corner where he and Watson dug it out . It went behind the net where Puemple reversed it behind his back to Spooner standing on that side of the net for a wide open net. The goalie had followed Puempel to the other side thinking he was going to come out that way. Spooner was his shifty self creating scoring opportunities with his slick skating and playmaking . He is fun to watch. Puemple is a hard worker who creates his opportunities by playing that way. BTW he had two breakaways that amounted to no goals. Posted by Chowdahkid-

Got a good feeling about Puempel hope he's available when the Bruins pick with Toronto's #1 this summer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: OHL Update : Don't bother duinne . dumb8 has shown in the past that he knows nothing about draft prospects . With his mentality he should have been out on the ice with those kids.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Chowdah- I freely admit I know little of the junior prospects for the draft.  I do read every word of this type of thread though.  Kudos.  I agree with BB, it would be nice to continue the posts in one thread.  Thanks.  

Sections
Shortcuts