OHL Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Re: OHL Update

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LizRmU8vXrY

crazy stickhandling

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Hey Chowdah, need some of your input on your thread... even if you have not been to many junior games lately.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: OHL Update:
    [QUOTE]Hey Chowdah, need some of your input on your thread... even if you have not been to many junior games lately.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Ok Isla, this is for you. 

I was at the Ice Dogs game Saturday specifically to watch Nail Yakupov and Alex Galchenyuk from the Sarnia Sting. They are rated #1 and #7 for the 2012 draft in The Hockey News. I have seen them on many occasions on the tube but this was the first time live.

Alex Galchenyuk was the more impressive player on this night. Of the few chances the Sting had he was the main reason for them because of his creativity in making plays. Nice stickhandler !

Nail Yakupov has really good speed and is a puck hound. Where the puck goes he goes whether it's a loose puck or the opposition has it. He riled up the crowd with two highsticks to the face of a defenceman in a matter of seconds. He was just careless with his stick. Double minor. He was kind of invisible on this night though because of the Ice Dogs good defensive zone coverage.

Ryan Strome was his usual crafty self making the nice passes and creating opportunities with his slick play. Unlike someone else's opinion on this board the first thing you notice about Doug Hamilton is how well he moves for a big man. On one play he blew by all the trailing players to catch up with the puck carrier to create an odd man scoring chance. He can be fast when the situation calls for it. His defensive play is also much better then from a year ago.

A blowout ! 10-3 Dogs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That one is for Isla, how about one for me?

Answer the attack thread that you started:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3ab95ec70d-a8fb-47e2-833b-7bf6b7a35997&plckCurrentPage=5

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OHL Update : Ok Isla, this is for you.  I was at the Ice Dogs game Saturday specifically to watch Nail Yakupov and Alex Galchenyuk from the Sarnia Sting. They are rated #1 and #7 for the 2012 draft in The Hockey News. I have seen them on many occasions on the tube but this was the first time live. Alex Galchenyuk was the more impressive player on this night. Of the few chances the Sting had he was the main reason for them because of his creativity in making plays. Nice stickhandler ! Nail Yakupov has really good speed and is a puck hound. Where the puck goes he goes whether it's a loose puck or the opposition has it. He riled up the crowd with two highsticks to the face of a defenceman in a matter of seconds. He was just careless with his stick. Double minor. He was kind of invisible on this night though because of the Ice Dogs good defensive zone coverage. Ryan Strome was his usual crafty self making the nice passes and creating opportunities with his slick play. Unlike someone else's opinion on this board the first thing you notice about Doug Hamilton is how well he moves for a big man. On one play he blew by all the trailing players to catch up with the puck carrier to create an odd man scoring chance. He can be fast when the situation calls for it. His defensive play is also much better then from a year ago. A blowout ! 10-3 Dogs.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Thanks Chowdah, I know others will want to read of your observations.  Keep posting.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Chowdah,
    Well done! I always read your posts...
    Thx
    Doc

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Nail Yakupov will the next great player in the nhl imo

2012 #1 pick easily

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Nail Yakupov will the next great player in the nhl imo 2012 #1 pick easily
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Predicting both of these things is a little bold but he sure looks like a good prospect. It will be interesting to see how much Yakupov and Galchenyuk improve next year. They were two of the better players in the OHL this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OHL Update : Thanks Chowdah, I know others will want to read of your observations.  Keep posting.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

I have sworn off too and will post when I can ! Stanley's posts are more meaningful to me. Go figure !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OHL Update : Predicting both of these things is a little bold but he sure looks like a good prospect. It will be interesting to see how much Yakupov and Galchenyuk improve next year. They were two of the better players in the OHL this year.

Know what else is bold?  Attacking me with fake info.  See below.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3ab95ec70d-a8fb-47e2-833b-7bf6b7a35997&plckCurrentPage=5

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Nail Yakupov will the next great player in the nhl imo 2012 #1 pick easily
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

I wonder what the Toronto pick would be worth if PC decided to use BB tactics.  Could you get a high second and next years first from a very bad team for Toronto's pick?  Would you if you could?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OHL Update : I wonder what the Toronto pick would be worth if PC decided to use BB tactics.  Could you get a high second and next years first from a very bad team for Toronto's pick?  Would you if you could?
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

This is what sandog has stated on previous posts and which I agree. I'd be happy with Ryan Murphy or Doug Hamilton if they were available when the B's are picking.

No telling how good or bad a team is going to be the following year so I'd say no to trading the pick if these players were available when their turn comes around in the 1st round. They are two offensive minded defencemen with good wheels.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Jared Knight story and two Youtube clips. First clip has two B's prospects ( Tyler Randell and Knight ) in a scrap.

http://somethingsbruin.net/in-the-system/prospect-watch/jared-knight-the-complete-player.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

This has nothing to with the OHL , draftees or prospects but this arena in Moose Jaw is the oddest shaped arena I've ever seen and I thought I'd share this with you's. It's amazing how low the middle of the roof hangs. The rink surface must be dug into the ground otherwise there'd be a lot of pucks hitting the ceiling.

Go to WHL Moose Jaw story.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorhockey/blog/buzzing_the_net

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Good articles thanks Chowdah!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Here's a nice update on Spooner:

The Bruins were very high on center Ryan Spooner when they drafted him last June and when he impressed at training camp in the fall.

It appears the other coaches in the Ontario Hockey League also have a liking for Spooner.

The results of the 2010-11 OHL Coaches’ Poll were released yesterday. The poll allows the coaches to vote for the top three players in 16 different skill categories. Spooner, 19, showed up in three categories.

Spooner tied for the most votes in the “best stickhandler” category, while he tied for third in the “smartest player” category and finished second for “best skater.”

It’s been a somewhat tumultuous season for Spooner, who was traded from Peterborough to Kingston at his own behest. The ’10 second-round pick has still produced a strong year statistically with 33-42-75 totals in 59 games combined for both clubs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]Spooner tied for the most votes in the “best stickhandler” category, while he tied for third in the “smartest player” category and finished second for “best skater.”
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Smart stickhandler with speed sounds great to me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I really like Spooner.  At first I was just 'eh' on him, but after seeing more of him this year, I think the Bruins got very lucky to get him in the second round.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OHL Update : This is what sandog has stated on previous posts and which I agree. I'd be happy with Ryan Murphy or Doug Hamilton if they were available when the B's are picking. No telling how good or bad a team is going to be the following year so I'd say no to trading the pick if these players were available when their turn comes around in the 1st round. They are two offensive minded defencemen with good wheels.

I'd be happy if you didn't start attack threads full of lies.  See below:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a4fbc31db-0b4b-4d88-937e-81e35a475e16

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I really like Spooner.  At first I was just 'eh' on him, but after seeing more of him this year, I think the Bruins got very lucky to get him in the second round.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

I wish I could see him play more.  Me thinks he's a faster and more skilled Marchand type and not talking about his yapper :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I was listening to a radio interview with Doug Gilmour this week and he had nothing but good things to say about this kid.He said he would not at all be surprised to see him playing with Bruins next year,said this kid is the real deal.I should also note that Gilmour is Spooners coach in Kingston.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMZTt_jwJ94&feature=related

Spooners skill and smarts will be highly welcomed next season

That last goal in the clip is something else

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Here's a couple of best of polls voted on by the coaches for both the Eastern and Western conferences in the OHL.

Of note Doug Hamilton, was voted best skater and Ryan Strome best playmaker and tied for best stickhandler. I have read on this board where Hamilton's skating was questioned and Strome didn't have top notch skills. Those were comments made saying they had watched some games . Obviously not !

Ryan Spooner is mentioned but no Jared Knight.

West

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/western-conference-coaches-poll-winners/94506

East

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/eastern-conference-coaches-poll-winners/94415

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Here's a couple of best of polls voted on by the coaches for both the Eastern and Western conferences in the OHL. Of note Doug Hamilton, was voted best skater and Ryan Strome best playmaker and tied for best stickhandler. I have read on this board where Hamilton's skating was questioned and Strome didn't have top notch skills. Those were comments made saying they had watched some games . Obviously not ! Ryan Spooner is mentioned but no Jared Knight. West http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/western-conference-coaches-poll-winners/94506 East http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/eastern-conference-coaches-poll-winners/94415

Speaking of polls, here is one that was started by a coward here who refuses to man up and admit that his attack threads were wrong:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3ab95ec70d-a8fb-47e2-833b-7bf6b7a35997&plckCurrentPage=0

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Thx for the update!
    Doc